kaycome

I need help (merged)

37 posts in this topic

Please guys who can i do? We got notice mail from uscis on the 1st of July that our petition has been approved and they have forwarded it to nvc. Till date we haven't receive welcome letter from nvc. I have send several inquiries to nvc and they kept saying they haven't receive anything. We try to call Emma but it couldn't speak to anyone just machine response. Please what can we do? How long does it take after approval to receive welcome letter NVC? Thanks

You need to contact NVC via the public inquiry form. I think that’s all you can do - it’s what it says on their timeframe page. You definitely should’ve gotten it by now - their timeframe page shows on Aug 14 they were working on cases from July 11. 

edit: I just checked and it says  public inquiries from Aug 8 were being reviewed as of Aug 14. So if you just reached out, it will probably take a week for a response. 

Edited by BLC
added info

1 hour ago, BLC said:

You need to contact NVC via the public inquiry form. I think that’s all you can do - it’s what it says on their timeframe page. You definitely should’ve gotten it by now - their timeframe page shows on Aug 14 they were working on cases from July 11. 

edit: I just checked and it says  public inquiries from Aug 8 were being reviewed as of Aug 14. So if you just reached out, it will probably take a week for a response. 

Thank you for your response 

From my previous post i stated that my wife who is an America citizen petitioned I-130 for me. I live in Nigeria. We got our notice of  approval from uscis on 1st of July and since thrn we have been waiting for uscis to send our application to nvc since then. Someone told me to check i797 well to see what was writtem there. Unfortunately when i checked i saw something i didn't understand.  Please help me out on what to do . 

Screenshot_20230820-211213_Drive.jpg

• Ontarkie changed the title to I need help (merged)
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Related threads merged. Please keep related questions to one thread. It helps members when all the information is in one thread.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

10 hours ago, manyfudge said:

Whoever filed this messed up. 

They checked both adjustment of status and consular processing on the i130.

Your wife now needs to file i824 which will take a year to process.

Thank you for your response. I have the I-130 electronic form here with me and i have checked through the form that we submitted. I didn't say any part where we checked both. Can you please tell me the number it is on the I-130 form. Please help

If you've got that in the pdf of your filed petition, I'd reach out to your congressional representative to make USCIS forward the approved petition to NVC WITHOUT having to complete I-824. Make sure to include the approval notice - I-797 C, and the waiver completed off your congressional rep's website. 

Edited by milimelo
fixed typo

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

42 minutes ago, milimelo said:

If you've got that in the pdf of your filed petition, I'd reach out to your congressional representative to make USCIS forward the approved petition to NVC WITHOUT having to complete I-824. Make sure to include the approval notice - I-797 C, and the waiver completed off your congressional rep's website. 

Please what do you mean by waiver completed off your congressional rep's website?

3 minutes ago, kaycome said:

Please what do you mean by waiver completed off your congressional rep's website?

It's a form giving permission to the congressional rep's staff to contact a federal agency (USCIS in your case) on your behalf.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

2 hours ago, kaycome said:

Thank you for your response. I have the I-130 electronic form here with me and i have checked through the form that we submitted. I didn't say any part where we checked both. Can you please tell me the number it is on the I-130 form. Please help

Reach out to USCIS and NVC and tell them they made an error, you did not indicate adjustment and consular processing,  and they should forward the case to NVC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.