stephbd

N-400 August 2023 Filers

278 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, IamYourFriend said:

Had my N400 interview this week. Approved and should receive oath ceremony notice in 2 weeks. Officer at Baltimore field office said no more same-day oath ceremonies. Didn't ask why.

Submitted application Aug 20th. Marriage based GC. 3 year anniversary filing. Had a pending I-751 but my spouse was not invited for an interview even though they came into the building with me.

Congratulations!!!!

What were the questions about marriage/ any extra documents  requests (e.g. did they want more bank statements, more pictures, etc? ) ?

+ I have an extra particular curiosity -> was the i751 application with all ur documents u sent on officer's desk? 

NATURALIZATION (N400)

08/23/2023 - FedEX delivered application to Elgin Lockbox

08/25/2023 - Text message from USCIS with receipt number (IOE / digital processing)

09/01/2023 - NOA letters in the mailbox (Receipt Notice, Account Acceptance Notice, Biometric Reuse)  

11/14/2023 - Online USCIS account showed 'Interview Scheduled' update and pdf letter available for download - interview scheduled to 12/19/2023

11/20/2023 - USPS delivered interview notice

12/19/2023 - scheduled N400 interview in Orlando FO

est. time until case decision: 9 months (as of September, 2023)

est. time until case decision: 8 months (as of October, 2023)

est. time until case decision: 6 months (as of November, 2023)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS (I-751)

08/05/2022 - Mailed ROC Packet via USPS to Carol Stream, IL (Elgin Lockbox)

08/08/2022 - USPS delivered ROC Packet to P.O. BOX 

08/11/2022 - Text message from USCIS with receipt number (YSC/ Potomac Service Center)

08/18/2022 - NOA in the mailbox ('24 months extension letter')

03/15/2023 - NOA in the mailbox ('48 months extension letter')

Thanks. I did not notice any document on the officer's desk. I think everything she was working with was on her PC. She had mentioned that something had not come yet so I assume she was referring to the I-751. She asked for evidence of a continuing marriage; I had pictures, joint bank statements, insurance cards, mortgage statements, tax transcripts, marriage certificate and our kids' birth certificate (all of these were already uploaded with the N400 application). She asked to see the marriage certificate and only made a copy of the birth certificates.

Edited by IamYourFriend

Nice, @IamYourFriend thanks for sharing, really appreciate it! 

NATURALIZATION (N400)

08/25/2023 - Text message from USCIS with receipt number (IOE / digital processing)

09/01/2023 - NOA letters in the mailbox (Receipt Notice, Account Acceptance Notice, Biometric Reuse)  

11/14/2023 - Online USCIS account showed 'Interview Scheduled' update and pdf letter available for download - interview scheduled to 12/19/2023

08/11/2022 - Text message from USCIS with receipt number (YSC/ Potomac Service Center)

2 hours ago, IamYourFriend said:

Thanks. I did not notice any document on the officer's desk. I think everything she was working with was on her PC. She had mentioned that something had not come yet so I assume she was referring to the I-751. She asked for evidence of a continuing marriage; I had pictures, joint bank statements, insurance cards, mortgage statements, tax transcripts, marriage certificate and our kids' birth certificate (all of these were already uploaded with the N400 application). She asked to see the marriage certificate and only made a copy of the birth certificates.

Hi ! Has your status changed in the Uscis app ? If yes , how long after the interview did it change ( Baltimore is also my local office )

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

***One derailing comment removed***

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

I’m freaking out a bit. So is it true if you file N-400 online your signature at the end must be handwritten?? I just typed out my name as there were no instructions that it must be while I was doing so. I was just casually browsing Reddit and found a question about and and did a further research and found that a separate file for N-400 instructions on the USCIS website mentions that “A stamped or typewritten name in place of a signature is not acceptable”. Did I mess this up? How did you sign your form if you filed online? I’m honestly so upset now, I don’t know what to do…

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Natasha Cota said:

Hi everyone!

I’m freaking out a bit. So is it true if you file N-400 online your signature at the end must be handwritten?? I just typed out my name as there were no instructions that it must be while I was doing so. I was just casually browsing Reddit and found a question about and and did a further research and found that a separate file for N-400 instructions on the USCIS website mentions that “A stamped or typewritten name in place of a signature is not acceptable”. Did I mess this up? How did you sign your form if you filed online? I’m honestly so upset now, I don’t know what to do…

On the online form, it was stated like this: 

You must provide your digital signature below by typing

your full legal name. We may deny your application if you

do not completely fill out this application or fail to submit

required documents. We will record the date of your

signature with your application.

Edited by mave

18 minutes ago, mave said:

On the online form, it was stated like this: 

You must provide your digital signature below by typing

your full legal name. We may deny your application if you

do not completely fill out this application or fail to submit

required documents. We will record the date of your

signature with your application.

Ok, that doesn’t sound too bad. I was able to find the same info just now. So looks like I did everything correctly. OMG I’m relieved, thank you for replying quickly. It’s been a while since I applied so I don’t remember these details, but I’m sure I followed whatever direction was given as I was signing the form, so I should be in the clear. Thank you!

Guys, I am having interview tomorrow morning at 8am and I am having a major anxiety panic mode. I think the civics test is all prepared for, documents arranged, but I am freaking out... what if we are missing something or officer will be in bad mood or they lost the application file or I don't know ((((  Gosh... Just want this to be over. So so so much... 🥲

Edited by Maria P.

NATURALIZATION (N400)

16 minutes ago, Maria P. said:

Guys, I am having interview tomorrow morning at 8am and I am having a major anxiety panic mode. I think the civics test is all prepared for, documents arranged, but I am freaking out... what if we are missing something or officer will be in bad mood or they lost the application file or I don't know ((((  Gosh... Just want this to be over. So so so much... 🥲

You got this! You know and have the answers for everything. You’re prepared. Once you’re there in the moment you’ll be much more calmer than now. It’s hard not to think of worst case scenarios when it comes to these things. Just take it one step at a time and shall things come up you will address them as they come. You’re as prepared as you can be. Let us know how everything goes tomorrow and good luck!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Maria P. said:

Good luck! You'll be fine! Все будет хорошо!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.