stephbd

N-400 August 2023 Filers

278 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Curious is anyone else in this group is still waiting to hear from USCIS? I filed August 2023 for N400 and August 2022 for I-751. It’s been radio silence ever since I got the acceptance notification and biometrics reuse.

Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

10 hours ago, sweethrtt said:

Curious is anyone else in this group is still waiting to hear from USCIS? I filed August 2023 for N400 and August 2022 for I-751. It’s been radio silence ever since I got the acceptance notification and biometrics reuse.

Same. Applied for I-751 in September 2022. NOA and biometrics reuse, nothing since (Vermont service center). Applied for N-400 mid August 2023 online under 3 year rule, NOA and biometrics reuse. Case is being actively reviewed since the day I applied. I’ve been following this forum a lot and I see folks under three year rule who applied later than me got their interviews or are already sworn in. Don’t know how/why this happens.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Maria P. said:

p.s. there is no change at Online Account.... will update when oath ceremony note will be here :) I feel super happy, but not fully relieved just yet. USCIS journey is over, but not quite yet a citizen) Wishing everybody good news for this Xmas and Happy New Year... !

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your experience!

You are done; the rest is just formalities!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
13 hours ago, Natasha Cota said:

Same. Applied for I-751 in September 2022. NOA and biometrics reuse, nothing since (Vermont service center). Applied for N-400 mid August 2023 online under 3 year rule, NOA and biometrics reuse. Case is being actively reviewed since the day I applied. I’ve been following this forum a lot and I see folks under three year rule who applied later than me got their interviews or are already sworn in. Don’t know how/why this happens.

It’s all so disheartening.

Fingers crossed we both hear something soon! Sending all my luck to you! 

Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

On 12/18/2023 at 10:09 PM, sweethrtt said:

Same here. Applied early August online and I have not heard back from them.

This is an old Reddit post. Please read. It will tell you that there is randomness in the process to a great extent. This is the reason why some new cases get interviews quickly while others get delayed. I understand that understaffing and other particular issues with immigration cases play a role. But unfortunately, it is still a random game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/USCIS/comments/yn60ig/decoding_ioe_case_numbers/

Edited by CuriousImmigrant_

On 12/19/2023 at 10:11 AM, Maria P. said:

Just got back home from the interview ❤️ So, here are the spilled details my dear VisaJourney family:

Arrived at 7:40am, interview was scheduled at 8:00am. Orlando Field Office looked really nice, super clean, very nice vibe... 

There were already plenty people there when we got there, our ticket got called around 9am. I noticed some officers were not allowing spouses in, some did. Some allowed two people in, and then the spouse was sent out after 5-10 mins. Our officer let both of us in and explained that since i751 is pending, he will have both of us, but that he will ask my husband to change seat and stay at the back of room for the N400 part of interview.

Our officer was super friendly, and explained from beginning that he looked at application, he saw i751 pending and requested it to be shipped from Potomac, but it still did not arrive to Orlando field office. He said - "Here is what we will do -> we will do both interviews now, I can approve both of them, but I cannot put you into oath ceremony, because I need to sign the i751 papers unfortunately.  Only after I get physical file - I can sign it and you will be scheduled for oath ceremony. Also, because you change your name {I have requested surname change on my n400}, your ceremony must be at the city court house, not here, so unfortunately you will have to wait till January or February anyway, not just because of i751. Technically, you are creating new identity because of name change and judge will need to certify/approve/ that before taking oath. If all goes well today and I get your file in 2-3 days, we will send you the oath ceremony invitation in a mail within a week or two."

He did not ask anything what we expected about our marriage and it appeared he already made up his mind before interviewing us, he said "I looked at your application and I can tell it is bona fide marriage, am I correct?" :D he double checked our IDs, address, marriage date, any children (none). Then asked my husband to swap seats and stay at one row behind me (near wall of the room) and be quiet. 

I was asked civics questions (what Susan B Anthony fought for, what if president cannot serve - who is replacing , two longest rivers, name 2 national holidays, what led to civil war, what do you do when you plead allegiance...) 

Reading + writing.

Updated my work situation (since I started new job last week).

I had asked if he wants more pictures, affidavits that we got from friends and new quarterly bank statements, etc. and he said "unless you really want to give it to me, but I think you can just recycle that, I have enough evidence to approve you". He then asked me all the eligibility questions on whether I was ever in combat, a communist, terrorist, etc.  Asked me to sign the new name change, and some oath of allegiance understanding statement. Then he said I am approved on both applications, we will get the oath ceremony date as soon as he is done with bureaucracy regarding i751. :) Shook hands, said thank you and we said our farewells.

Guys, I am not sure, but I feel like wearing a suit & tie and formal clothes, did play some attitude role. I was shocked to see some people came in sweatpants, in hoodies and even baseball hats. Cmon, this is federal government building, I could see non-verbal reactions from officers when they were calling numbers and a trio of people in sweatpants and messy hair showed up vs. nicely presented couples and solo applicants.

p.s. there is no change at Online Account.... will update when oath ceremony note will be here :) I feel super happy, but not fully relieved just yet. USCIS journey is over, but not quite yet a citizen) Wishing everybody good news for this Xmas and Happy New Year... !

Congratulations! Just one step to go! By chance, have you submitted any tax transcripts or were asked to submit so?

I had my interview on 12/19 and oath ceremony the following day.

But... my online account still shows the status of my case as "interview was scheduled", although in place of the estimated processing time it shows "case closed", and the documents tab shows the oath ceremony letter (form N-445).  The last update in case history is still "interview was scheduled" from 5 weeks ago.

Should I be worried or is this normal?

On 12/21/2023 at 10:49 AM, fred16384 said:

I had my interview on 12/19 and oath ceremony the following day.

But... my online account still shows the status of my case as "interview was scheduled", although in place of the estimated processing time it shows "case closed", and the documents tab shows the oath ceremony letter (form N-445).  The last update in case history is still "interview was scheduled" from 5 weeks ago.

Should I be worried or is this normal?

Did you already have your oath ceremony or was it just scheduled? If you've already had your ceremony, I assume you have your naturalization certificate in hand. If that's the case, i don't see any reason to be worried about the status of your case online.

9 minutes ago, IamYourFriend said:

Did you already have your oath ceremony or was it just scheduled? If you've already had your ceremony, I assume you have your naturalization certificate in hand. If that's the case, i don't see any reason to be worried about the status of your case online.

Yes, I had the actual oath ceremony the day after my interview, and have my certificate.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

So I have my combo interview scheduled for next month ..(finally) is there any resources out there to help me prepare for my interview .. I will be glad if I get the help .. thank you 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Cal&So said:

So I have my combo interview scheduled for next month ..(finally) is there any resources out there to help me prepare for my interview .. I will be glad if I get the help .. thank you 

Did you request to have a combo interview 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
43 minutes ago, KrashC said:

Did you request to have a combo interview 

No , I didn’t request … I think it’s the normal procedure when you have a pending i751 and N400 

Hello All, 

N400 Filing : August 31 2023 ( Marriage based) 

Interview date : December 20 2023 Seattle field office. 

Security let me in at 8 AM, waited for 1 hr and Office called my number. 

Civic questions. 

1. When is the last day to file federal taxes
2. There were 13 original states , name 3
3. Name one state that borders Canada
4. What did Martin Luther Jr do
5. What are 2 parts of us congress
6. In which month we vote for president 

Reading : how many senators are there 
Writing : there are 100 senators.

Asked yes or no question’s from N400, adjusted few travel dates. I have 3 speeding tickets officer added them to my N400. 

Signed iPad with changed made and oath of allegiance. 

Printed paper and informed that she can not make a decision and have to send it to her supervisor. 

Walked out everything completed in 40 min. 

Happy Holidays everyone & good luck for who ever is attending interviews.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.