Family

Politics of Petulance (title renamed to match original post)

644 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

I never took Mark Cuban as a fool before his latest pronouncements.

Sleepy Joe is indeed a traditional politician. On the world stage and in domestic politics, that makes him predictable, which keeps the political class and world leaders comfortable that things will continue along a path that can be relied upon.

DJT is not a traditional politician. He is a disruptor, working in a transactional world. That takes away the predictability and prevents an adversary preempting his moves.

In the current, finance and trade-heavy world market, the transactional has the advantage over the traditional. For all the bleating over oil sanctions against Russia, their income is still booming. When DJT sank oil prices below $0 a barrel, Vlad the Imputint was terrified as their major source of revenue evaporated.

Everyone bleated about the compensatory measures needed to mitigate the trade tariffs imposed against China. No-one noticed the imbalance in the return tariffs from the Chinese, who understood they were going to take a kicking. No-one mentioned the repatriation of manufacturing by other nations (I was in Japan at the time and it was big news there) out of China, knocking their domestic growth down by between 2 and 3% even as the measures were ramping up.

Cuban, as a businessman, should be in a prime position to note things like this. It lessens my opinion of him that he doesn’t.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

1 hour ago, Pooky said:

I never took Mark Cuban as a fool before his latest pronouncements.

Sleepy Joe is indeed a traditional politician. On the world stage and in domestic politics, that makes him predictable, which keeps the political class and world leaders comfortable that things will continue along a path that can be relied upon.

DJT is not a traditional politician. He is a disruptor, working in a transactional world. That takes away the predictability and prevents an adversary preempting his moves.

In the current, finance and trade-heavy world market, the transactional has the advantage over the traditional. For all the bleating over oil sanctions against Russia, their income is still booming. When DJT sank oil prices below $0 a barrel, Vlad the Imputint was terrified as their major source of revenue evaporated.

Everyone bleated about the compensatory measures needed to mitigate the trade tariffs imposed against China. No-one noticed the imbalance in the return tariffs from the Chinese, who understood they were going to take a kicking. No-one mentioned the repatriation of manufacturing by other nations (I was in Japan at the time and it was big news there) out of China, knocking their domestic growth down by between 2 and 3% even as the measures were ramping up.

Cuban, as a businessman, should be in a prime position to note things like this. It lessens my opinion of him that he doesn’t.

Donald Trump wants to escalate a US trade war. Did it work the first time?

Trump has proposed tariffs that could reshape the economy, experts say.

On the campaign trail, Trump has vowed to escalate the trade war initiated during his first term. However, studies have shown that his trade policies fell short of promises made to rejuvenate U.S. manufacturing and spur job growth. In some cases, analysts told ABC News, the policies harmed U.S. producers while raising prices for consumers

https://abcnews.go.com/US/donald-trump-escalate-us-trade-war-work-time/story?id=107448832

How Trump’s Tariffs Really Affected the U.S. Job Market

A recent study on U.S.-China trade concludes that Trump’s trade policies cost the U.S. economy nearly a quarter million jobs. But its obsolete understanding of trade flows ends up pointing trade policymakers in the wrong direction.

OPEC sticks to oil demand growth view citing resilient economy

Emerging Asia, particularly India, Brazil and Russia, could further surprise to the upside," OPEC said.
"Moreover, if the U.S. continues to keep its current momentum, growth could turn out to be higher than expected."
The OPEC report also showed OPEC oil production rose in August driven by a recovery in Iran's production despite U.S. sanctions remaining in place on Tehran and Saudi Arabia's voluntary cuts, as well as an increase in Nigeria.

What Idiot Backed Trump’s Bond in E. Jean Carroll Trial? This One.

Good luck to this man.

But the question on everyone’s mind is, how did Trump get that money together? He appears to be struggling to post bond in his multiple lawsuits and reportedly only has about $413 million in liquid assets. That’s not nearly enough to cover everything he owes in legal fines.

It turns out that Trump may have called in a major favor: Court records filed Friday show that the bond was guaranteed by the Chubb Corporation, an insurance group. In 2018, Trump appointed Chubb’s CEO Evan Greenberg to a White House advisory committee for trade policy and negotiations.

https://newrepublic.com/post/179692/idiot-back-trump-bond-e-jean-carroll-trial-evan-greenberg

https://video.vice.com/en_uk/video/the-far-right-are-infiltrating-the-

military/619e64fa0d008848920ebb65

https://berkleycenter.georgetown.edu/responses/white-christian-nationalism-the-deep-story-behind-the-capitol-insurrection

one observer noted, the January 6 protesters seemed a motley crew: “country club Republicans, well-dressed social conservatives, and white Evangelicals in Jesus caps…shoulder to shoulder with QAnon cultists, Second Amendment cosplay commandos, and doughy, hardcore white nationalists.” One group erected a giant cross, another a wooden gallows. Someone waved a “Jesus Saves” banner, while another sported a “Camp Auschwitz” hoodie.

But the closer you look, the murkier things become. Christians waved Trump flags. The “Proud Boys” kneeled and prayed. One man, decked out as a cosplay crusader, clutched a large leather Bible to his chest with skeleton gloves. What looked like apples and oranges turned out to be a fruit cocktail: white Christian nationalism.…

Trumpism is, among other things, the latest version of the WCN frame. Echoing the promised land story, Trump says he will “take back the country” from the outsiders and invaders who have taken control—immigrants and secularists, Muslims and Mexicans—and then restore it to its rightful owners: “real” (that is, white, Christian) Americans. Echoing the end times story, Trump paints the world in terms of us and them, good and evil, and hints at violent struggles to come. The first such struggle took place on January 6, 2021. It will not, I fear, be the last

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
10 hours ago, Family said:

https://video.vice.com/en_uk/video/the-far-right-are-infiltrating-the-

military/619e64fa0d008848920ebb65

https://berkleycenter.georgetown.edu/responses/white-christian-nationalism-the-deep-story-behind-the-capitol-insurrection

one observer noted, the January 6 protesters seemed a motley crew: “country club Republicans, well-dressed social conservatives, and white Evangelicals in Jesus caps…shoulder to shoulder with QAnon cultists, Second Amendment cosplay commandos, and doughy, hardcore white nationalists.” One group erected a giant cross, another a wooden gallows. Someone waved a “Jesus Saves” banner, while another sported a “Camp Auschwitz” hoodie.

But the closer you look, the murkier things become. Christians waved Trump flags. The “Proud Boys” kneeled and prayed. One man, decked out as a cosplay crusader, clutched a large leather Bible to his chest with skeleton gloves. What looked like apples and oranges turned out to be a fruit cocktail: white Christian nationalism.…

Trumpism is, among other things, the latest version of the WCN frame. Echoing the promised land story, Trump says he will “take back the country” from the outsiders and invaders who have taken control—immigrants and secularists, Muslims and Mexicans—and then restore it to its rightful owners: “real” (that is, white, Christian) Americans. Echoing the end times story, Trump paints the world in terms of us and them, good and evil, and hints at violent struggles to come. The first such struggle took place on January 6, 2021. It will not, I fear, be the last

wake me up when they start burning things down like antifa

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
5 hours ago, Ban Hammer said:

wake me up when they start burning things down like antifa

Mostly peaceful petulant protesters.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Dashinka said:

Mostly peaceful petulant protesters.

The kats better dust off their pink caps........their nemesis is getting stronger each day. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

The kats better dust off their pink caps........their nemesis is getting stronger each day. 

I think they are as the strategy is all "rapist", "racist", "fascist" labels for the next 7+ months.  What is always interesting is those terms pretty much describe Old Corrupt Petulant Joe. 

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Slow news day. 😂

Attorney suspended for pooping in a Pringles can, leaving it in victim advocate's parking lot

The Ohio Supreme Court suspended an attorney who defecated into a Pringles potato chip can and then tossed it into a parking lot of a crime-victim advocacy center.

Criminal defense attorney Jack A. Blakeslee's conduct called into question his fitness to practice law, the court decided.

Blakeslee's defense? He said he didn't target anyone but had a habit of putting his feces in Pringles cans and randomly throwing them from his car. He claimed he pulled the Pringles prank at least 10 times that year.

But the court didn't buy it and said Blakeslee purposely chose the Haven of Hope in Cambridge, Ohio, as his "drop zone." Surveillance video captured the incident in November 2021.

Blakeslee had known the victim advocates at the center for years and was scheduled to see them in court 15 minutes after the Pringles deposit. At the time, Blakeslee was representing someone accused in a capital murder case.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2023/11/29/lawyer-suspended-poop-pringles-victim-center/71745795007/

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Family said:

Slow news day. 😂

Attorney suspended for pooping in a Pringles can, leaving it in victim advocate's parking lot

The Ohio Supreme Court suspended an attorney who defecated into a Pringles potato chip can and then tossed it into a parking lot of a crime-victim advocacy center.

Criminal defense attorney Jack A. Blakeslee's conduct called into question his fitness to practice law, the court decided.

Blakeslee's defense? He said he didn't target anyone but had a habit of putting his feces in Pringles cans and randomly throwing them from his car. He claimed he pulled the Pringles prank at least 10 times that year.

But the court didn't buy it and said Blakeslee purposely chose the Haven of Hope in Cambridge, Ohio, as his "drop zone." Surveillance video captured the incident in November 2021.

Blakeslee had known the victim advocates at the center for years and was scheduled to see them in court 15 minutes after the Pringles deposit. At the time, Blakeslee was representing someone accused in a capital murder case.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2023/11/29/lawyer-suspended-poop-pringles-victim-center/71745795007/

99% of lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. 😒

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Pooky said:

99% of lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. 😒

Plagiarizing us!  Reported!!!!!!!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).