Family

Politics of Petulance (title renamed to match original post)

560 posts in this topic

T

The Violent Far-Right Terrorist Threat to the Republican Party and American Conservatism

In addition to minority communities and those on the political left, far-right and white supremacist extremism threatens violence against Republicans as well

https://www.cfr.org/blog/violent-far-right-terrorist-threat-republican-party-and-american-conservatism

Lies, conspiracy theories and the Republican Party

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/3473837-lies-conspiracy-theories-and-the-republican-party/

In a major address at Stanford University, former President Barack Obama warned that the proliferation of disinformation poses a serious threat to our democratic institutions. Today, Obama cautioned, it is 

Targeting of Infrastructure by America’s Violent Far-Right

MAY 2023, VOLUME 16, ISSUE 5

SHARE VIA:   

Abstract: Violent far-right extremists have targeted critical infrastructure to radicalize and recruit members, promulgate their narratives, and sow chaos, all in an attempt to precipitate the destruction of political systems and society writ large. Accelerationist ideology, conspiracy theories, disinformation, and far-right extremist narratives have played a key role in the prioritization of critical infrastructure as a target for the violent far-right. The intersections of these ideologies and narratives have led to complex attacks on power grids and the targeting of telecommunications systems by far-right extremists. The increased focus and attacks on critical infrastructure by far-right extremists has the potential to wreak extensive, multifaceted societal disruption and damage, impacting communications, the economy, mobility, and basic human necessities.

https://ctc.westpoint.edu/the-targeting-of-infrastructure-by-americas-violent-far-right/

Anonymous email: ‘Armed,” ‘dangerous’ MAGA neighbor threatens AFP editor

Waynesboro, according to an anonymous email, who said she lives “two doors down” from me, reportedly thinks I’m a member of the “Deep State” who is harassing her and trying to frame her.

This “disturbing” information came from an anonymous email sent to my chris@augustafreepress.com account on Friday.

Information in the email actually adds up. The screen name used in the right-wing militia discussion online, according to the anonymous email, matches the first names of the wife and husband who live two doors down from me, and

https://augustafreepress.com/news/anonymous-email-armed-dangerous-maga-neighbor-threatens-afp-editor/

DeSantis appointee to Disney board taught seminar, falsely claimed White people were slaves in America

ORLANDO - An appointee by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis to an oversight board of Disney's special tax district taught a seminar in 2021 falsely claiming "Whites were also slaves in America," using discredited research to say there was an "Irish slave trade." 

The comments were made by Ron Peri, one of five people DeSantis appointed earlier this year to oversee the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District to replace the old board after the company spoke out against what critics dubbed the "Don't Say Gay" law. 

Peri, an Orlando-based pastor and CEO of a Christian ministry group called The Gathering, made the comments in an hourlong class for his group posted on YouTube about critical race theory called "Cunningly Devised Fables.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/04/politics/kfile-desantis-appointee-discredited-research-white-slaves/index.html

He Kicked Me in My Balls.’ Fight at Michigan GOP Meeting Turns Physical: Report

"We’re so divided," a member of the state's Republican party said from the hospital, according to The Detroit News. “I just wish we could come together”

James Chapman, a Republican from Wayne County, told the paper he traveled to the city of Clare to join the party meeting at the Doherty Hotel. But the meeting was reserved for members of the state committee. So Chapman said that he and others gathered outside the meeting location and recited the Pledge of Allegiance. He also said that he attempted to open a door to the meeting room by jiggling the doorkno

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/kicked-in-balls-fight-michigan-gop-1234785273/

The GOP is lost. Can it find its way back to the party of Lincoln and Roosevelt?

If only by their signatures, history credits Republican presidents with some of the most important achievements in U.S. history: Lincoln’s Emancipation Proclamation, the 1875 Civil Rights Act, the Environmental Policy Act, as well as the creation of the Environmental Protection Agency, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Equal Rights Amendment, the Voting Rights Act and the Clean Air Act.

This distinguished history begs the question: What the hell has happened to the GOP?

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/3922799-the-gop-is-lost-can-it-find-its-way-back-to-the-party-of-lincoln-and-roosevelt/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
13 hours ago, Family said:

Targeting of Infrastructure by America’s Violent Far-Right

MAY 2023, VOLUME 16, ISSUE 5

SHARE VIA:   

Abstract: Violent far-right extremists have targeted critical infrastructure to radicalize and recruit members, promulgate their narratives, and sow chaos, all in an attempt to precipitate the destruction of political systems and society writ large. Accelerationist ideology, conspiracy theories, disinformation, and far-right extremist narratives have played a key role in the prioritization of critical infrastructure as a target for the violent far-right. The intersections of these ideologies and narratives have led to complex attacks on power grids and the targeting of telecommunications systems by far-right extremists. The increased focus and attacks on critical infrastructure by far-right extremists has the potential to wreak extensive, multifaceted societal disruption and damage, impacting communications, the economy, mobility, and basic human necessities.

https://ctc.westpoint.edu/the-targeting-of-infrastructure-by-americas-violent-far-right/

The title is a little off as the article even says extremist on both sides are doing things like this.  I certainly do not condone anyone attacking infrastructure or emergency services.  The fact that the Far Left is responsible for the majority of attacks on emergency services though really grinds me.  As a former firefighter myself, I can say it is abhorrent to attack police, fire, EMS services when they are trying to respond to an emergency, but whatever.

I was curious why they included a couple of attacks where no one was found such as the one near Silicon Valley.  It seems the authors want to include these as far Right attacks, but we know there are many violent extremist activist, particularly in environmentalist community, that use the same tactics.

Whatever, we can agree that attacks by far Right and far Left are bad, beyond that, it is just political to dismiss one (for the most part) and focus on the other.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

6 hours ago, Mike E said:

TR was a RINO.

Lincoln, Reagan, Trump, were the only good and effective GOP presidents. I can understand the hate for Trump, but a lefty article that fails to bring up Reagan is absurd.

If you read a righty article that said Truman and Clinton,  were neither good nor effective presidents, would you take it seriously?

C’mon.

Go figure …seems thet got it all skewed 😂

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2021/01/25/who-is-worst-american-president-all-time/

8 hours ago, Dashinka said:

The title is a little off as the article even says extremist on both sides are doing things like this.  I certainly do not condone anyone attacking infrastructure or emergency services.  The fact that the Far Left is responsible for the majority of attacks on emergency services though really grinds me.  As a former firefighter myself, I can say it is abhorrent to attack police, fire, EMS services when they are trying to respond to an emergency, but whatever.

I was curious why they included a couple of attacks where no one was found such as the one near Silicon Valley.  It seems the authors want to include these as far Right attacks, but we know there are many violent extremist activist, particularly in environmentalist community, that use the same tactics.

Whatever, we can agree that attacks by far Right and far Left are bad, beyond that, it is just political to dismiss one (for the most part) and focus on the other.

Firefighter..wow.  Salute ( civilian style hug ..) for your service.

I know of a young man who did Conservation Camp successfully and would not change profession for anything in the world. 

And of course , I agree all such attacks  are unforgivable. 

The rumblings of discontent from online threats to public speeches ..keep growing from top to bottom.

https://www.bu.edu/articles/2019/are-we-headed-for-another-civil-war/

BU Historian Answers: Are We Headed for Another Civil War?

reportshow Iowa Republican Congressman Steve King recently posted a meme warning that red states have “8 trillion bullets” in the event of a civil war. And a poll conducted last June by Rasmussen Reports found that 31 percent of probable US voters surveyed believe “it’s likely that the United States will experience a second civil war sometime in the next five years.”

https://news.yahoo.com/marjorie-taylor-greene-claims-democrats-143704818.html

Marjorie Taylor Greene Claims 'Democrats Want Republicans Dead,' Have 'Started The Killings