Asackerm

NVC email vs physical mail

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

I apologize if this has been asked before. Searching got me no where. 

The instructions for when the National Visa Center contacts the beneficiary with instructions say that the contact may be by email or mail.

Is there a default?  Does it depend on what country the beneficiary will be interviewed in?  I’m just trying to prepare my fiancé for how he will receive the instructions. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

NVC  does not contact beneficrary

they send to petitioner a case # starting with BNS for Buenos Aires 

and u follow the US embassy Argentina to schedule dr appointment and interview

https://ar.usembassy.gov/fiancee/

Timeline

Thank you! This part of the process seems very confusing and the guides skip it. They tell you to contact NVC to get your number but they never explain who gets the “regular” notification and how. 

hello fellow local Mainer. 

how far is ur case right now?

did ur case got approve by USCIS and now you are waiting for NVC to "reach" out to you?

in CR1 case : i just helped someone....after USCIS approved the petition, she got an email from NVC with NVC case number and also invoice ID number. have you check your spam email folder ?

the one who get the email should be the petitioner, and usually it take few days / weeks from the approval of USCIS

Edited by Verrou

Timeline

Yes we got our 2nd notice and are waiting to hear from the NVC

I looked at timelines and it looks like the wait is over a month from 2nd notice to when they “open” our file and, I assume, send the email. 

3 minutes ago, Asackerm said:

I looked at timelines and it looks like the wait is over a month from 2nd notice to when they “open” our file and, I assume, send the email. 

just keep checking ur email and the spam folder

You have to contact NVC to find out your case number. NVC only ever notifies you (the petitioner via email) when they send the petition to the consulate, if you’d like to find out before that then you’ll have to send a public inquiry.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
21 hours ago, Asackerm said:

I (petitioner) just got my notice today, in my email, providing me with the NVC case number and informing that our petition was being forwarded from NVC to the US Embassy in Bangkok.  I did not send them an inquiry for the case number. I just waited patiently.

My previous notice (by mail) was at the end of March. So, it can be several months before you get the email with your case number.

Edited by Stook

Timeline

Thank you for the information! 

That is another item that is unclear. The NVC provides information on what cases they’re opening based on when they were sent from the services centers. And then again they say what cases they’re working on based on what day they opened the cases.

But what I don’t quite get is that many visa categories say the time it takes to go from the NVC to the embassy is based on when the embassy has appointments available. Is that the case for K-1s as well?

IE, all of our cases may be “processed” by the NVC on a similar schedule but then people who are going to be interviewed by busy embassies may have their cases sit around at the NVC until interviews become available. 

Is that true?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 7/20/2023 at 10:52 AM, Asackerm said:

Thank you for the information! 

That is another item that is unclear. The NVC provides information on what cases they’re opening based on when they were sent from the services centers. And then again they say what cases they’re working on based on what day they opened the cases.

But what I don’t quite get is that many visa categories say the time it takes to go from the NVC to the embassy is based on when the embassy has appointments available. Is that the case for K-1s as well?

IE, all of our cases may be “processed” by the NVC on a similar schedule but then people who are going to be interviewed by busy embassies may have their cases sit around at the NVC until interviews become available. 

Is that true?

Yes, case will be at NVC, until the foreign embassy is ready to take it.

Hi!

Fellow Argentina K1-ers here, please see this thread:

It is a bit older, but it has all sorts of information for the packet 3, which is the one you will have to work on when you get the e-mail from the embassy after the NVC sends it there.

Also, we have a Whatsapp group where we help people from Argentina throughout the process.  Feel free to message me your number if you want to be added.

Edited by Fe.Ta
NA

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Update for those who might still be following this thread....

On yesterday, we got our case number!  

NOA1 - June 10, 2022

NOA2 - June 22, 2022 (377 days)

Case Number/In Transit! - Aug 15 (a record 54 days!!) 

But I'm posting because of the questions about the notice and form and from whom and all of that.  Real case and WAC receipt numbers replaced with fake "12345etc"

Case Number provided by email from NVC-do-not-reply@state.gov. Some people ask how it's received or from what email so you can look. In my GMail app it showed up in Updates, if you use those features.  The notice came directly to me, the Petitioner, not by inquiry but direct email.   But you will notice it is "addressed" to my fiancée, the beneficiary. I hope all of this helps some of you.

===========
EMAIL

BNS1234567890. (This is our case number.  Ours is numbered with BNS for Buenos Aires. Your first 3 letters will be similar according to your embassy)
K1-FTP
15-AUG-2023
Dear GUADALUPE,  (Guadi is the beneficiary)
The National Visa Center (NVC) received your fiancé (e)’s/spouse’s approved I-129F petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). NVC will now forward the petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Please note that the transfer process can take several weeks. The U.S. Embassy or Consulate will contact your fiancé (e)/spouse when they are ready to process his or her petition.
Next steps:
Go to our website http://nvc.state.gov/k1 to learn how to apply for a K visa and prepare for the visa interview.
Please keep the following information for your records:
Case Number: BNS1234567890
USCIS Receipt Number WAC229001234567890
Principal Applicant: GUADI
Petitioner: MARK
Interview Location:
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Post Address:
U.S. Embassy
Av. Colombia 4300
(C1425gmn) Buenos Aires
Argentina
Thank you for your patience in the immigrant visa process.
Sincerely,
National Visa Center
U.S. Department of State

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.