alex01

Immigrant visa declined under public charge

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Just now, Sam1976 said:

It said your visa is refused under 212 4 a public charge 

So it stays in limbo until new evidence can be submitted to overcome that finding.  What country are we talking about?  Some put more emphasis on the primary sponsor when making this determination.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Dashinka said:

2 hours ago, Sam1976 said:

They really make it complicated. I guess co-sponsor is not enough to bypass the public charge . 

Not sure what you were expecting, but no, getting a co-sponsor does not ‘bypass’  the public charge inadmissibility.

There is probably much more to this story.

2 hours ago, Sam1976 said:

They really make it complicated. I guess co-sponsor is not enough to bypass the public charge . 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Sam1976 said:

True all of that and still hit with a public charge

Why would you think simply to get some co-sponsor with $150K to sign a paper would magically make a family of 4 eligible? An income requirement is just one tiny piece of the requirement. In fact, that info alone is so meaningless.   Many people with incomes of $150K are deep in debt with no significant disposable income. You have not said anything about this sponsor except his income.   

You have not even said anything about this family 4, their ages, occupation, health, and so forth.  No one in the world is going to believe that this co-sponsor is going to suddenly support a family of 4, paying $2K+/month for their health insurance, plus living, food, clothing, transportation, etc etc for more than a very short time, at very best. The consulate isn't stupid, its probably obvious they will soon become a public charge, or they have a complete lack of information to determine so. Or perhaps other relatives came to the usa and became a public charge, etc..

Edited by W199

1 hour ago, W199 said:

Why would you think simply to get some co-sponsor with $150K to sign a paper would magically make a family of 4 eligible? An income requirement is just one tiny piece of the requirement. In fact, that info alone is so meaningless.   Many people with incomes of $150K are deep in debt with no significant disposable income. You have not said anything about this sponsor except his income.   

You have not even said anything about this family 4, their ages, occupation, health, and so forth.  No one in the world is going to believe that this co-sponsor is going to suddenly support a family of 4, paying $2K+/month for their health insurance, plus living, food, clothing, transportation, etc etc for more than a very short time, at very best. The consulate isn't stupid, its probably obvious they will soon become a public charge, or they have a complete lack of information to determine so. Or perhaps other relatives came to the usa and became a public charge, etc..

Besides all the questions that have already been asked about this family, how well do they know the co-sponsor? Would they be moving to the state where the co-sponsor lives? Has the co-sponsor sponsored other immigrants in the past?

Has your cousin /petitioner/sponsor recently used public benefits ? If so, there is a time frame that must pass without relying on/using public benefits.

Is your cousin employed? 
He should definitely line up a job (or two) to show self sufficiency.

Does wife or any child have any medical conditions that require specialized care?

4 hours ago, Marieke H said:

Is this the same family you posted about previously, with a petitioner who doesn't work and hasn't filed taxes? 

Is this also the same petitioner who struggled to prove domicile?

Thanks for the reminiscent that one went fine , but this is different case

@alex01 what is the situation of the main sponsor? Are they in the US or in the home country? Have they ever worked in the US? 

And did the JOINT SPONSOR complete I-864 or I-864a? 

Edited by Redro

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.