Boiler

An immigrant was told he could visit home but was arrested at the airport

71 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/may/28/an-immigrant-was-told-he-could-visit-home-he-was-arrested-at-the-airport?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

I thought this was an interesting case.

It appears he applied for DACA on the basis of being abused by his presumably US born son.

Obtained AP

Travelled on that AP

Case was rejected at some point before he returned.

He was able to board his Plane but refused entry.

Not sure how the U Visa comes into play. that was not explained.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/immigrant-family-claims-misleading-attorney-led-to-deportation/4260713/

This is the original story without the Guardian embellishments.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
1 minute ago, Timona said:

I don't see why they should be given any visa or GC because of this.

People are becoming increasingly entitled. 

He came illegally, so how and when did he start paying an attorney to get a GC yet he clearly knew he isn't eligible for one? Something is not being told here.

I do not know how informed he was but basically he went to see the Lawyer, Lawyer filed a VAWA case (which would not require him to travel home) seems this is that Lawyers preferred tactic. He has 4 children one of whom is described as a Banker, did they not know what was going on?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

VAWA that his son abused him?? Yeah right 😂. This is not how VAWA works and the lawyer who was quoted by the article also needs to have her/his license revoked. This lawyer claimed that "people look for USC relatives and file false VAWA claims against them." If this was so, I can tell my sister to file one against me so as to obtain a GC 😂😂

Velázquez’s application inaccurately asserted that his eldest son abused him

Edited by Timona

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Timeline

Well I assume his wife is without documentation so that left the children.

Timeline

Still, I don't see why he should get a GC in the first place. Those two state officials who are pleading on his behalf are just doing so because they're all Latinos. 

His family targeted Latino state representatives. Why didn't they try one outside their race? 

Smh..

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Timona said:

Still, I don't see why he should get a GC in the first place. Those two state officials who are pleading on his behalf are just doing so because they're all Latinos. 

His family targeted Latino state representatives. Why didn't they try one outside their race? 

Smh..

Politicians doing what they do and nothing they can do in this case but pander.

Timeline

Exactly. Selling chicken milk 🥛 😂

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Timona said:

Exactly. Selling chicken milk 🥛 😂

i have never heard that but can guess what it means

Edited by Boiler

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Boiler said:

i have never heard that bur can guess what it means

It means false hope/ something that doesn't and will never exist/ happen. 😂 

Edited by Timona

1 hour ago, Boiler said:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/may/28/an-immigrant-was-told-he-could-visit-home-he-was-arrested-at-the-airport?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

It appears he applied for DACA on the basis of being abused by his presumably US born son.

Obtained AP

Travelled on that AP

looks like straight up fraud case . cant believe these illegals are getting coverage on TV. 

Edited by igoyougoduke

duh

Father most likely had straightforward case to GC if his son was a US citizen without the VAWA claim… unless he entered the US without inspection… then he was never allowed to exit the country with the travel document. I agree he was scammed by the lawyer but agree with @Timona there is more to this story. 

2 hours ago, Boiler said:

Obtained AP

Travelled on that AP

Applied for DACA on the basis of being abused by his USC son?  Wouldn't that be VAWA?

Timeline
1 minute ago, SalishSea said:

Applied for DACA on the basis of being abused by his USC son?  Wouldn't that be VAWA?

Senior moment yes VAWA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.