4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am a u.s citizen and so is our child he has his report birth abroad and u.s passport my wife is Icelandic.

we are filing a I-864 and
we are using a joint sponsor to support us on a separate I-864

QUESTIONS

1.As the primary sponsor to my wife since my child is a u.s citizen do I still need to add his info under Part 3 family member 1. 

2. On my joint sponsors i-864 do I have to list myself and my child under part 3 as derivatives to my wife? I wouldn't imagine i need to since me and my son are both u.s citizens and not aliens.

3. Do i still need to fill out an I-864W for my son even if hes a u.s citizen no SSN yet but has u.s passport and report birth abroad.

We are filing at our local embassy.

Thanks for any clarification

Very respectfully

Pat

15 hours ago, PartyPat said:
1.As the primary sponsor to my wife since my child is a u.s citizen do I still need to add his info under Part 3 family member 1. 

2. On my joint sponsors i-864 do I have to list myself and my child under part 3 as derivatives to my wife? I wouldn't imagine i need to since me and my son are both u.s citizens and not aliens.

3. Do i still need to fill out an I-864W for my son even if hes a u.s citizen no SSN yet but has u.s passport and report birth abroad.

No to all 3.  But you do need to count your child under part 5, item 4 (dependent children), even if your child's name is not listed anywhere on the I-864.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.