70 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 minute ago, Imperium said:

US Circut Court have clarified what it means by the term "interview" and term "examination" for the purpose of Section 1447(b). If I was him, I would pick up the phone and call AUSA and detail the entire thing and say I am seeking to file a suite. Many AUSA are very friendly and he may end up getting things moving.

I like that, cheap quick and achieves the object.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Timeline
5 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I like that, cheap quick and achieves the object.

Exactly.

And to add, When I assisted someone a year ago, AUSA told him that you should have reached out to us before filing the suite. In ref to my earlier post about sending a Demand Letter to local USA.

Here is a precedent where 5th Cir ended the controversy over examination aka "interview."  Walji v. Gonzales, 500 F.3d 432 (5th Cir. 2007)

When the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services ("CIS") does not grant or deny an application for naturalization 120 days after the required examination of the applicant, the applicant may ask a U.S. district court to adjudicate the application. 8 U.S.C. § 1447(b). Does the 120 days begin to run after the application interview or after the background investigation is complete? The district court held the latter and dismissed the case for lack of subject matter jurisdiction. Reviewing the record de novo, we reverse and remand.

Edited by Imperium

Timeline

Hacking on YT says that WoMs are his favourite things to do, I heard that as most profitable

It did occur to me that making a call would be the first step but how much can you charge for that?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

On 5/19/2023 at 10:25 AM, Boiler said:

Hacking on YT says that WoMs are his favourite things to do, I heard that as most profitable

It did occur to me that making a call would be the first step but how much can you charge for that?

for 5-10k ofcourse the law firms will say WOM are effective. its a cash rich cow business 

duh

Timeline
1 hour ago, igoyougoduke said:

for 5-10k ofcourse the law firms will say WOM are effective. its a cash rich cow business 

I watched part of his show yesterday and that sort of came up, anyway he said that they are so inundated with WoMs that they ignore a request, how true that is I have my doubts.

59 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I watched part of his show yesterday and that sort of came up, anyway he said that they are so inundated with WoMs that they ignore a request, how true that is I have my doubts.

some of them do group wom's. like they ask 10-20 applicants to pool together. so they can charge 5k per applicant and make 50-100k per case when you can do it for $1.50 to get immigration law copies  at the public library :)

duh

Timeline
3 minutes ago, igoyougoduke said:

some of them do group wom's. like they ask 10-20 applicants to pool together. so they can charge 5k per applicant and make 50-100k per case when you can do it for $1.50 to get immigration law copies  at the public library :)

Hacking said he tried that but he found it did not work, not sure why.

2 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Hacking said he tried that but he found it did not work, not sure why.

i have seen in certain groups. USCIS is definitely pushing back when applicants are pooling together... i have seen it .. at some point it will become ineffective when lots of people file it 

Edited by igoyougoduke

duh

Filed: Other Timeline
On 5/20/2023 at 5:36 PM, igoyougoduke said:

i have seen in certain groups. USCIS is definitely pushing back when applicants are pooling together... i have seen it .. at some point it will become ineffective when lots of people file it 

I agree. It is already losing traction. Given the surge of refugee admission, it is likely that delays will occur more often, thus, creating a need for one to know their options, for awareness purposes, if not litigating Pro Se,.

However, I do believe we should have a seperate thread on Pro Se litigation. Many of us often get nailed down by ICE into EOIR. Though I have never considered BIA/EOIR to be intimidating, I am of the openion that many other do. Litigation/legal research competency gave one skill to navigate high waters of APA/WoM and action under 1447(b). There are technicalities that one must know and how to navigate them with out losing precious times and hard earned money.

2 hours ago, Imperium said:

I agree. It is already losing traction. Given the surge of refugee admission, it is likely that delays will occur more often, thus, creating a need for one to know their options, for awareness purposes, if not litigating Pro Se,.

However, I do believe we should have a seperate thread on Pro Se litigation. Many of us often get nailed down by ICE into EOIR. Though I have never considered BIA/EOIR to be intimidating, I am of the openion that many other do. Litigation/legal research competency gave one skill to navigate high waters of APA/WoM and action under 1447(b). There are technicalities that one must know and how to navigate them with out losing precious times and hard earned money.

very good idea to have a Q&A section for Pro Se filings 

duh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.