JojoandTomas

MAY 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

1,017 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I know that the first part of this process  is very inconsistent from USCIS. How about  from nvc side of the house. how consistent are they? Has  anyone keeping track on how they issue  case number? Do they follow their timeframes to the T. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, GinoNiña said:

I know that the first part of this process  is very inconsistent from USCIS. How about  from nvc side of the house. how consistent are they? Has  anyone keeping track on how they issue  case number? Do they follow their timeframes to the T. 

i don't think it's as consistent as we'd all like to imagine. one of my friends that got her approval on may 3rd still hasn't heard back but yet there's some from may 20th that have.

someone mentioned before that maybe they put through cases that had to wait longer in the first part so i would be interested to see if that's true

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
40 minutes ago, 0508 said:

i don't think it's as consistent as we'd all like to imagine. one of my friends that got her approval on may 3rd still hasn't heard back but yet there's some from may 20th that have.

someone mentioned before that maybe they put through cases that had to wait longer in the first part so i would be interested to see if that's true

It doesn't look that way.. We filed in January 2022 and waited over 16 months before being approved on May 10th. We're 65 days in and still nothing from the NVC, so it doesn't look like there's any connection between waiting time for approval and waiting time for the NVC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, WestHighlander said:

It doesn't look that way.. We filed in January 2022 and waited over 16 months before being approved on May 10th. We're 65 days in and still nothing from the NVC, so it doesn't look like there's any connection between waiting time for approval and waiting time for the NVC.

Email nvc through public inquiry. You should have your nvc received by now. I noticed they don’t notify us anymore unless by persistent inquiry’s. After 60 days, I was sending weekly inquiries. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, GinoNiña said:

Email nvc through public inquiry. You should have your nvc received by now. I noticed they don’t notify us anymore unless by persistent inquiry’s. After 60 days, I was sending weekly inquiries. 

Yep I am sending weekly inquiries as well, day 67 now and they replied with the same message that they have our petition. Hopefully I will get the number with the next 3 weeks now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, GinoNiña said:

We did do one public inquiry last week.. Apparently they've received it and it's awaiting data entry. Our plan was to give it until 90 days, then query it again if my fiancée still hasn't heard anything. We didn’t want to antagonise them by pestering them constantly and risk getting shoved to the back of the queue! 

Timeline

In the email I received it says that if your uscis approval date is before the dates they are now working on (8 June), you should inquire again.

I guess they know they are backlogged and it can't hurt to inquire weekly via the public inquiry form.

Worst case, you will get the "awaiting data entry message" again and again.

2 hours ago, FilledesEtoiles said:

In the email I received it says that if your uscis approval date is before the dates they are now working on (8 June), you should inquire again.

I guess they know they are backlogged and it can't hurt to inquire weekly via the public inquiry form.

Worst case, you will get the "awaiting data entry message" again and again.

My first email said the same.

From how I see it, the assumption would be that USCIS sends the case to NVC the same moment we receive our NOA2 and therefore the NCV would receive it within a couple of days, which is not actually the case. If you look ohe published timeframes, it says “working on cases that NVC received on xyz”, not approved on xyz… I hope I’m wrong, but this is how I worked it in my head to make sense.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Somalia
Timeline
1 hour ago, lybov0627 said:

Where do we inquire? 

My lawyer did but we haven't heard anything. How are you all getting responses so quickly?

You have two options.

Ask NVC Public Inquiry Form

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

Send an email to nvcresearch@state.gov

Include a scanned copy of your I-797 or I-171 Notice of Action - Approval Notice and In the subject line of your email, type only the receipt number from your I-797 Approval Notice.

Well you are lucky if you receive the same "awaiting for data entry into systems message" with multiple inquiries.

For Me :

INQUIRY 1: we have the case and its awaiting entry into systems.

INQUIRY 2: we don't have the case. 

we have the case > adabrakadabra > now we dont 😂

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.