Babban

US Embassy IV interview date [split, then merged]

27 posts in this topic

Hello,

please I am in a similar situation. Our immigrant interview date was scheduled next month at the US consulate. But we sent an email to the consulate requesting for reschedule. The reason is that my spouse need to  complete her studies before we can move. However my spouse has been recently granted a transfer study at a University in US. We then contacted the US consulate telling them that qe want to go ahead with our earlier interview appointmentbfor next month, but the Consulate replied you that they haven't received our case file from NVC yet. We are now confused on what do it. Please any advice will be appreciated

Edited by Babban

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Babban said:

Hello,

please I am in a similar situation. Our immigrant interview date was scheduled next month at the US consulate. But we sent an email to the consulate requesting for reschedule. The reason is that my spouse need to  complete her studies before we can move. However my spouse has been recently granted a transfer study at a University in US. We then contacted the US consulate telling them that qe want to go ahead with our earlier interview appointmentbfor next month, but the Consulate replied you that they haven't received our case file from NVC yet. We are now confused on what do it. Please any advice will be appreciated

The embassy cannot do the interview until they receive the physical from the NVC. From the US to Manila it took a little over two weeks (our two weeks hit on a Friday but we were notified on the following Monday that the embassy had received the physical documents).

<><   <><   <><   <><   <><    <><   <><   <><   <><   <><   <><  <><   <><   <><   <><   <><    <><   <><   <><   <><   <><   <><  <><   <><   <><   <><   <><
Kawika & Michelle

Together since June 10th, 2020.

Cebu, Philippines to Katy, TX.

Facebook group for Filipinas & their partners who are living in or will be moving to Texas...

www.facebook.com/groups/texasfilipinacouples/

4 minutes ago, Kawika said:

The embassy cannot do the interview until they receive the physical from the NVC. From the US to Manila it took a little over two weeks (our two weeks hit on a Friday but we were notified on the following Monday that the embassy had received the physical documents).

Thank you Kawika for this valuable information. I really appreciate it. So, you think we should go ahead and book medical exams and then proceed with our interview for next month as earlier scheduled? 

Edited by Babban

On 4/17/2023 at 2:15 AM, pushbrk said:

Best to make your decision about delay, BEFORE the interview appointment and then tell NVC to delay until (??).  Yes you can delay after scheduling by contacting the Consular IV unit.

Hi, pease I am in a similar situation. Our immigrant interview date was scheduled next month at the US consulate. But we sent an email to the consulate requesting for reschedule. The reason is that my spouse need to  complete her studies before we can move. However my spouse has been recently granted a transfer study place at a University in US. We then contacted the US consulate telling them that qe want to go ahead with our earlier interview appointmentbfor next month, but the Consulate replied you that they haven't received our case file from NVC yet. We are now confused on what do it. Please any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance 

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Babban said:

Thank you Kawika for this valuable information. I really appreciate it. So, you think we should go ahead and book medical exams and then proceed with our interview for next month as earlier scheduled? 

We scheduled & completed our medical exam prior to our documents arriving at the embassy. My fiancé completed her exam on Thursday, March 30th and we were contacted by the embassy on Monday, April 3rd that they had received our documents. In our case (Philippines), my fiancé was handed all of the items she needed for the interview. I've heard that in some countries the items will be sent to the embassy (in which case you have to wait until it gets there before your interview)...so you'll need to look into that for the country your beneficiary is from. Keep in mind that when she was having the medical exam, we had research & expected that the items she needed for the interview would be sent to the embassy as well. So this may very well be on a case by case basis or just how they are doing things now at the SLEC (Philippine specific medical clinic).

<><   <><   <><   <><   <><    <><   <><   <><   <><   <><   <><  <><   <><   <><   <><   <><    <><   <><   <><   <><   <><   <><  <><   <><   <><   <><   <><
Kawika & Michelle

Facebook group for Filipinas & their partners who are living in or will be moving to Texas...

3 minutes ago, Kawika said:

We scheduled & completed our medical exam prior to our documents arriving at the embassy. My fiancé completed her exam on Thursday, March 30th and we were contacted by the embassy on Monday, April 3rd that they had received our documents. In our case (Philippines), my fiancé was handed all of the items she needed for the interview. I've heard that in some countries the items will be sent to the embassy (in which case you have to wait until it gets there before your interview)...so you'll need to look into that for the country your beneficiary is from. Keep in mind that when she was having the medical exam, we had research & expected that the items she needed for the interview would be sent to the embassy as well. So this may very well be on a case by case basis or just how they are doing things now at the SLEC (Philippine specific medical clinic).

Ok, once gain thank you so much

1 hour ago, Kawika said:

Sorry again, I just checked my page at ceac.state.gov it says that my case file is at the US consulate, but yet the consulate said that they have not received my case file from NVC yet. Did you also have similar situation?

Edited by Babban

Timeline
1 minute ago, Babban said:

Sorry again, I just checked my page at ceac.state.gov it says that my case file is at the US consulate, but yet the consulate said that they have not received my case file from NVC yet. Did you also have similar situation?

It likely just means that your physical case files are in transit to the embassy.

Kawika & Michelle

2 hours ago, Babban said:
On 4/17/2023 at 8:15 AM, pushbrk said:

Best to make your decision about delay, BEFORE the interview appointment and then tell NVC to delay until (??).  Yes you can delay after scheduling by contacting the Consular IV unit.

Hi, pease I am in a similar situation. Our immigrant interview date was scheduled next month at the US consulate. But we sent an email to the consulate requesting for reschedule. The reason is that my spouse need to  complete her studies before we can move. However my spouse has been recently granted a transfer study place at a University in US. We then contacted the US consulate telling them that qe want to go ahead with our earlier interview appointmentbfor next month, but the Consulate replied you that they haven't received our case file from NVC yet. We are now confused on what do it. Please any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance

Do you know that after the interview and your visa has been approved, you have 6 months after the medical checkup to enter the US? This might help you. Also, you can enter the US(any US territory including Guam, Saipan, Puerto Rico) with  the visa and then leave the next day. You then have a year to re-enter back to the US.

My concern with my post is that I might not be in the country 

@pushbrk @Mike E

Can any of you please clarify if what I'm saying is true or not?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Dante2019 said:

Do you know that after the interview and your visa has been approved, you have 6 months after the medical checkup to enter the US? This might help you. Also, you can enter the US(any US territory including Guam, Saipan, Puerto Rico) with  the visa and then leave the next day. You then have a year to re-enter back to the US.

My concern with my post is that I might not be in the country 

@pushbrk @Mike E

Can any of you please clarify if what I'm saying is true or not?

Not exactly on the year to re-entry.  Each entry is a judgment call.  It's safe to be gone less than six months.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
1 hour ago, Dante2019 said:

Do you know that after the interview and your visa has been approved, you have 6 months after the medical checkup to enter the US?

generally the visa expires 6 months after medical. 

Also, you can enter the US(any US territory including Guam, Saipan, Puerto Rico) with  the visa

Guam, CNMI, PR, USVI only. You cannot enter at American Samoa.

and then leave the next day. You then have a year to re-enter back to the US.

LPR status is for living in the U.S. It is not a “visit once the year card”.

1. maximum permitted absence is 180 days.

2. CBP has been known to warn people with shorter absences or issue a Notice to Appear. See  

3. Again LPR status is for living in the U.S. You plan to live inside the U.S. for 1 day and be absent for 364 days. You should first spend X days in the U.S. and then be absent for no more than the lower of:

* X+1 days,

* 180 days

4. If you cannot handle these rules and guidelines, after you enter, file I-131 to get a re-entry permit. Do not leave until you get a receipt. Return to the U.S. for biometrics collection. 
5. After you enter the U.S. on your immigration visa, it will be stamped by CBP and converted to  a temporary I-551, valid for one year from the date of entry. Do not let this expire while abroad, because you will be depending on the whims of the embassy to issue you a boarding foil.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Hijack post and all related replies have been split off to their own thread. Please do not post questions about your own case in other member's threads.~~

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Our immigrant interview date was scheduled next month at the US consulate. But we sent an email to the consulate requesting for reschedule. The reason is that my spouse need to  complete her studies before we can move. However my spouse has been recently granted a transfer study place at a University in US. We then contacted the US consulate telling them that qe want to go ahead with our earlier interview appointment for next month, but the Consulate replied you that they haven't received our case file from NVC yet. We are now confused on what do it. Please any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance

5 minutes ago, Babban said:

Our immigrant interview date was scheduled next month at the US consulate. But we sent an email to the consulate requesting for reschedule. The reason is that my spouse need to  complete her studies before we can move. However my spouse has been recently granted a transfer study place at a University in US. We then contacted the US consulate telling them that qe want to go ahead with our earlier interview appointment for next month, but the Consulate replied you that they haven't received our case file from NVC yet. We are now confused on what do it. Please any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance

I'm sure that interview spot you gave up is long gone.   You will just have to wait for them to reschedule it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.