ali2023

CRBA denied at Toronto consulate while i-130 pending

61 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, speedster said:

I wonder if OP can now send a letter to their state rep explaining the situation, maybe they can get NVC move along?

The OP can call and request the I-130 be expedited.  No guarantees though.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Filed: Timeline
9 hours ago, ali2023 said:

2164 days in USA

85 days in Canada

I was not born in USA, I acquired my USA citizenship through my father, I am also canadian citizen.

Thanks

A couple of quick questions:

• Did you have any time you spent in the US prior to 7 years ago that you did not include?  Vacations? Schooling? Shopping? Visiting family?  All that time would also count, regardless of your status, and might shore up your caseentioned passport stamps of international travel in your list of documentation. 
  • You mentioned passport stamps for international travel in your documentation list.  Was that travel to countries other than Canada?  If so, is that time you just didn't mention in your post or is it included in the 2164 US days?  If included in the 2164, how many days total were you outside the US on those trips? 
  • In your count of time spent in the US, are you counting only the time before the birth of the baby?  If not, you need to subtract the time after his/her birth as it does not count toward the required five years and should not be included.

BTW, I am assuming that your US citizenship was acquired before the bIrth of your baby, but thought I would mention that, since I don't believe you actually stated that fact.

And, just to clarify one point, you said that you have "been living" in the US for the past 7 years.  The requirement for a CRBA is not based on residence or domicile.  When it describes the "physical presence" requirement, that means exactly what it says -- the time you were physically in the US.  Not to say this is part of your issue, but wanted to include in case it is an issue for some -- there are cases where people have spent too much time outside the US, even if it is their official residence, and don't qualify to transmit US citizenship.  Again, not saying this is your issue, but wanted to be sure people were using the correct criteria.

17 minutes ago, jan22 said:

A couple of quick questions:

• Did you have any time you spent in the US prior to 7 years ago that you did not include?  Vacations? Schooling? Shopping? Visiting family?  All that time would also count, regardless of your status, and might shore up your caseentioned passport stamps of international travel in your list of documentation. 
  • You mentioned passport stamps for international travel in your documentation list.  Was that travel to countries other than Canada?  If so, is that time you just didn't mention in your post or is it included in the 2164 US days?  If included in the 2164, how many days total were you outside the US on those trips? 
  • In your count of time spent in the US, are you counting only the time before the birth of the baby?  If not, you need to subtract the time after his/her birth as it does not count toward the required five years and should not be included.

BTW, I am assuming that your US citizenship was acquired before the bIrth of your baby, but thought I would mention that, since I don't believe you actually stated that fact.

And, just to clarify one point, you said that you have "been living" in the US for the past 7 years.  The requirement for a CRBA is not based on residence or domicile.  When it describes the "physical presence" requirement, that means exactly what it says -- the time you were physically in the US.  Not to say this is part of your issue, but wanted to include in case it is an issue for some -- there are cases where people have spent too much time outside the US, even if it is their official residence, and don't qualify to transmit US citizenship.  Again, not saying this is your issue, but wanted to be sure people were using the correct criteria.

In 2009 I spent one year in US on work permit.

the lady officer noticed it as there was earning on my social security statement.

When we were leaving she said ur on border line.

that was totally unfair decision.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
47 minutes ago, ali2023 said:

In 2009 I spent one year in US on work permit.

the lady officer noticed it as there was earning on my social security statement.

When we were leaving she said ur on border line.

that was totally unfair decision.

Why did you need a US work permit in 2009 if you are a US Citizen?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok, not sure why I can't find the edit button on my previous comment. I misread the thread earlier, you were not born in the US. So the 2009 work permit was required because you did not have your citizenship yet, correct? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
27 minutes ago, InspectorGrover said:

Why did you need a US work permit in 2009 if you are a US Citizen?

8 minutes ago, InspectorGrover said:

Ok, not sure why I can't find the edit button on my previous comment. I misread the thread earlier, you were not born in the US. So the 2009 work permit was required because you did not have your citizenship yet, correct? 

OP likely was a U.S. citizen from birth. The same embassy that denies CRBAs to our most vulnerable U.S. citizens routinely issues visas to U.S. citizens. It is a cluster.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
10 hours ago, Mike E said:

You should file I-130 for your kid and let nvc know that your wife will wait for her kid’s I-130 to move to nvc

Isn't this a case which the consulate could process and approve the I-130 for the child? 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

14 hours ago, ali2023 said:
14 hours ago, Mike E said:

How many days in the U.S. in those 7 years?

How did you acquire U.S. citizenship?

2164 days in USA

85 days in Canada

I was not born in USA, I acquired my USA citizenship through my father, I am also canadian citizen

You should appeal the denial IF you. can demonstrate the 5 years ( 365x5= 1,875 days ) BEFORE child was born. Those physical presence days can be accumulated from any period before the birth..including the 2009 on work permit. 

How did Officer calculate ? What periods did she give credit for and what period did she diminish? 

3 hours ago, Family said:

You should appeal the denial IF you. can demonstrate the 5 years ( 365x5= 1,875 days ) BEFORE child was born. Those physical presence days can be accumulated from any period before the birth..including the 2009 on work permit. 

How did Officer calculate ? What periods did she give credit for and what period did she diminish? 

I got a question :

they gave me certificate of citizenship after completing five years Right ?

I got citizenship certificate one year before child birth.

should not that be enough ?

If that is enough then the lady at Toronto consulate is not recognizing it as a legal document?

plz tell me am I right or wrong 

10 minutes ago, ali2023 said:
3 hours ago, Family said:

I got a question :

I got citizenship certificate one year before child birth.

should not that be enough ?

If that is enough then the lady at Toronto consulate is not recognizing it as a legal document?

plz tell me am I right or wrong

Need a bit clarity for the seven years you claim to have lived in the US ..so please help by answering; 

Year / date of child’s birth?

Years / dates you were PHYSICALLY presentYear  in the US ? 

Did you get your certificate through consulate ( CRBA) or in the US ( N-600)…

And last of all how old are you? It matters how they calculate part of the 5 yrs to be after 14

Edited by Family

Timeline
2 hours ago, ali2023 said:

I think you need to clarify how you became a U.S. citizen.

1. which parent was a U.S. citizen?

2. Where was that parent born?

3. Was that parent a U.S. citizen before you were born?

4. Did you ever have a green card?

5. Did you ever live in the U.S. before age 18?

2 hours ago, Family said:

They gave you a certificate of citizenship

I am thinking it was from an N-600K

Timeline
7 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

Isn't this a case which the consulate could process and approve the I-130 for the child? 

Well TIL.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-1-submit-a-petition/filing-petitions-outside-the-us.html says that is indeed an option.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to CRBA, from Bringing Family of USC~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

36 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Thanks Mike 

ok if all goes well, and my child I-130 accepted at the MTL embassy along with my wife.as these days we are filling out DS-260 for my wife.

when this child  enters into US

would  this child complete 5 years before applying citizenship ?

thanks 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.