wazzujoel

Cuban I-134 success story!

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Is she the Cuban dentist? I think I recall your story.

Nice video 👐

Edited by Timona

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Timona said:

Is she the Cuban dentist? I think I recall your story.

Nice video 👐

Yup. You remember correctly. We are in the process of getting her Cuban Dental degree sent to the USA and once she passes the dental boards here then she will hopefully enroll in a 2 year International Dental Program here to be a fully licensed dentist in NY. 🙂 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ngillet said:

Wow! You got confirmed???? Congrats! I am hoping ours will come too. 

77 days waiting for me... I emailed/called congressmen regularly, senators regularly, filed application with ombudsman, emailed the President of USCIS, made duplicates that I regret I made, called USCIS often, was put in a queue to talk to a Tier 2 agent on 1/31 and never received a callback.  Analyzed this from every possible angle, trying to find some logical sense to why some are processed within days, while others wait 6+ months.... In my experience, everything I did was wasted efforts. And this is what I would suggest for anyone waiting on this process : 

Limit social media time. Accept this is a unfair random process, and there is nothing you could have done differently for your application to be accepted. I do believe that the longer you go in the system, the system does put some weight on those that are bumping up close to 90 days. This is pretty much all the advice I can offer. Be patient and try your best to not allow yourself going crazy over how unfair the process is. 

Tips for those about to apply - Submit your application at 11am EST on a Monday. idk why but I am superstitious a little and this was the submission time on the application I submitted that got approved. Note - it wasn't my fiancée who was initially approved but one of her family members that I applied for on 3/20 at 11am. They were confirmed at 11:46 pm on 3/24, and then everyone I applied to sponsor was then approved. 

Timeline
53 minutes ago, wazzujoel said:

77 days waiting for me... I emailed/called congressmen regularly, senators regularly, filed application with ombudsman, emailed the President of USCIS, made duplicates that I regret I made, called USCIS often, was put in a queue to talk to a Tier 2 agent on 1/31 and never received a callback.  Analyzed this from every possible angle, trying to find some logical sense to why some are processed within days, while others wait 6+ months.... In my experience, everything I did was wasted efforts. And this is what I would suggest for anyone waiting on this process : 

Limit social media time. Accept this is a unfair random process, and there is nothing you could have done differently for your application to be accepted. I do believe that the longer you go in the system, the system does put some weight on those that are bumping up close to 90 days. This is pretty much all the advice I can offer. Be patient and try your best to not allow yourself going crazy over how unfair the process is. 

Tips for those about to apply - Submit your application at 11am EST on a Monday. idk why but I am superstitious a little and this was the submission time on the application I submitted that got approved. Note - it wasn't my fiancée who was initially approved but one of her family members that I applied for on 3/20 at 11am. They were confirmed at 11:46 pm on 3/24, and then everyone I applied to sponsor was then approved. 

Good advise. Also, I am happy to know that your pending K1 didn't affect it. I was worried, that if USCIS saw we have an approved K1 then they wouldn't bother with the i134a petition. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I have looked to see if there is any pattern with processing, none is obvious.

If there is a way of finding what is going on I have not come across it.

I would think they must be getting into a backlog by now but yet again no information. 

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ngillet said:

Good advise. Also, I am happy to know that your pending K1 didn't affect it. I was worried, that if USCIS saw we have an approved K1 then they wouldn't bother with the i134a petition. 

My best advice would be to remember what path you are arriving from, and make sure your honest answers are appropriate for the path you are traveling on. 

For example - If the CBP officer asks my fiancée - "Where will you be staying?", a decent answer to that question is "With my boyfriend who is my sponsor". A poor answer would be "With my fiancé, whom I plan to marry within 90 days, and so I could file an AOS". This might cause the CBP agent to say you are traveling on the wrong immigration path and send the beneficiary back to Cuba. In my current situation, we have no immediate plans to get married. Had we got to the embassy interview stage of K1 then we would have scrambled to make some sort of marriage plans, and had she traveled on K1 we would have married within the 90 days even though 90 days isn't nearly enough time to get married. i-134a is much more applicable path for us, as she really is traveling for humanitarian reasons. 

Timeline

Plenty of people have used HP to come here and adjust, you just need to qualify for it, no reason is required.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
17 hours ago, wazzujoel said:

we would have married within the 90 days even though 90 days isn't nearly enough time to get married.

What does that mean???

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
51 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

What does that mean???

I was being careless with my words. The 90 days isn't enough time for us to plan the wedding that we both desire. I (we) want to have a "dream wedding". At the time of the year we desire, at the perfect venue we want, with the perfect dress, with all our close friends and family, and lots of planning of events/speeches/flower arrangements/photographers/etc. Had she traveled to the US under K1, 90 days is a little tight to really organize everything we really wanted. Lots of corners would have been cut with Venues and things like that. We would have settled for a "good enough" instead of "perfect". Certainly if this had happened the Wedding we would have planned would have been cute and great for us... But having more time for preparations would be nice. 

Timeline

K1 has many many disadvantages.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, wazzujoel said:

Had she traveled to the US under K1, 90 days is a little tight to really organize everything we really wanted. Lots of corners would have been cut with Venues and things like that.

Some couples choose a fast courthouse wedding and a big ceremony later.  That could pay big dividends later when Conditional Green Card vs 10 Green Card will be determined. 

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
Just now, Crazy Cat said:

Some couples choose a fast courthouse wedding and a big ceremony later.  

Yeah, I know that's an option for some, however I personally would prefer a 'good enough' wedding on a rushed 90 day timeline, verses a courthouse wedding with big ceremony later. My first marriage (to an American) was basically a rushed courthouse marriage and it's something I personally don't want to ever do again. I am not saying there is anything wrong with the idea, it makes a lot of sense for sure... but it's just not for me. 🙂 Regardless since my partner is coming on Humanitarian Parole there is a lot of things on our plate and now we will have the time to marry when it's an appropriate time for us. I sponsored her entire family so getting everyone integrated into American society will be a massive chore. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.