D. Sala

I-751 March 2023 Filers

482 posts in this topic

On 5/3/2023 at 8:31 AM, Teetol said:

Do the needful send it back and you should get your extension letter . I got my 48months extension yesterday evening after resending the package back with the missing page . You should contact uscis Emma and ask the representative question or better stil call uscis and ask to speak with tier 2 officer 

Did the tier 2 officer send you your extension letter or did you receive in mail? 

On 4/12/2023 at 9:43 AM, Fenja said:

Pretty sure there are multiple people on here that got the letters on different days, so no cause to worry! It's in the nature of USPS that letters may not move through the system at the same speed, even if sent from the same place. 

Are all three letters sent on the same day but move through USPS separately? 

13 hours ago, INF said:

Are all three letters sent on the same day but move through USPS separately? 

That was the case for us, yes. And I would say that's generally what happens. 

1 hour ago, Jacobo said:

Hello guys!

Excellent news!!!

I have an update on my case timeline. I just got approved!!! Case: IOE0919xxxxxx

We filed jointly for the I-751. 

Here’s our timeline:

• Package sent: 03/11/2023 (on a Saturday). 
  • Confirmed received: 03/13/2023 (on a Monday).
  • Card charged: 03/15/2023 at 10:19 pm! 
  • Case Status changed to Actively Being Reviewed: 03/18/2023. 
  • Received NOA1 with 48 months extension: 03/23/2023 (Notice date 03/18/2023). IOE receipt issued. 
  • Received Online Access Code and Biometrics Reuse notice: 03/25/2023 (Notice date 03/20/2023).
  • 06/23/2023:  CASE STATUS CHANGED TO “CARD IS BEING PRODUCED”. 🎉🎉 
  • TOTAL TIME: 3 months and 10 days. 

Thats amazing! Congrats to you! What service centre did you have your case at? I am seeing more and more IOE cases from Jan onwards with fast approvals

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
6 minutes ago, TeddyFazBear said:

I am seeing more and more IOE cases from Jan onwards with fast approvals

While others wait for more than 3 years.....something is seriously broken at USCIS.  SERIOUSLY BROKEN.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 hour ago, TeddyFazBear said:

Thats amazing! Congrats to you! What service centre did you have your case at? I am seeing more and more IOE cases from Jan onwards with fast approvals

Thank you so much!! 
Vermont Service Center

Timeline
1 hour ago, Crazy Cat said:

While others wait for more than 3 years.....something is seriously broken at USCIS.  SERIOUSLY BROKEN.

I totally understand your frustration, but USCIS is changing the way they’re processing the cases (IOE, online), so there’s no more backlog. They for sure are working on those stuck, old cases, but cannot hold or increase the backlog with the new cases. Working faster on these new cases is actually a good thing for decreasing the workload and accelerating the old ones. 

Timeline
12 hours ago, Jacobo said:

I totally understand your frustration, but USCIS is changing the way they’re processing the cases (IOE, online), so there’s no more backlog. They for sure are working on those stuck, old cases, but cannot hold or increase the backlog with the new cases. Working faster on these new cases is actually a good thing for decreasing the workload and accelerating the old ones. 

Sorry, but you do NOT understand. There is no justification for the disparity. It seems they are manipulating their processing time stats...at the expense of people who applied YEARS ago!!  

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

Sorry, but you do NOT understand. There is no justification for the disparity. It seems they are manipulating their processing time stats...at the expense of people who applied YEARS ago!!  

ok, but don’t attack me, it is not my fault. I just had a little bit of luck and I feel happy about my case being handled and approved. 

Timeline
58 minutes ago, Jacobo said:

ok, but don’t attack me, it is not my fault. I just had a little bit of luck and I feel happy about my case being handled and approved. 

I'm not attacking anyone except USCIS.  I didn't even mention you or your case.  Congratulations!! That is a significant milestone.  In my opinion, they need to totally eliminate the I-751. 

Edited by Crazy Cat

Timeline
1 minute ago, igoyougoduke said:

Since when did Uscis start online filing for I-751. Never heard of one being filled online 

They don't.  They are cherry-picking and practicing last in, first out.  

Edited by Crazy Cat

12 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

I'm not attacking anyone except USCIS.  I didn't even mention you or your case.  Congratulations!! That is a significant milestone.  In my opinion, they need to totally eliminate the I-751. 

I agree. Except for questionable cases it shouldn't even be a thing. I can see the reason for it to exist at N400 stage but not 751. As some others suggested, its basically just revenue raising for USCIS and nothing more

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.