NorthernBoy

Applying for Global Entry with Conditional Greencard

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi all,

Spouse recently got issued 2-yr conditional greencard, yay!

Anyone recently had issues applying for global entry with 2-yr conditional greencard?

Referenced thread from some time ago, but not sure if things have changed. Thanks!

*** Moved from General Immigration-Related Discussion to Working & Traveling During US Immigration, where topics related to Global Entry for LPRs are discussed ***

9 hours ago, NorthernBoy said:

Anyone recently had issues applying for global entry with 2-yr conditional greencard?

Recent approval in the thread below --

14 minutes ago, Chancy said:

*** Moved from General Immigration-Related Discussion to Working & Traveling During US Immigration, where topics related to Global Entry for LPRs are discussed ***

Recent approval in the thread below --

I guess I never went back to update in that thread. My appointment got cancelled at very short notice but a I snapped up another one and got my GE approved. Used it this past Christmas and honestly went from the door of the plane to the door of the bus at O’Hare in less than 15 minutes. It was excellent. 

Edited by AW1704
Typo

My wife and step daughter (CR-1 and CR-2) both got their Global Entry.  There were no issues whatsoever related to them being CR green card holders.  The application process itself can be cumbersome and time consuming but I think that applies equally to US Citizens or LPR's.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

I got my GE approved back in October. I'm a conditional GC holder and have a somewhat spicy travel history. Apart from the fact that getting conditional approval for GE took almost 6 months and finding a timely interview resulted in my first grey hair it was a complete non-event.

asdf

I’ll leave the link to the useful Twitter bot below. It makes finding an appointment pretty breezy. 

https://twitter.com/globalentrynow

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Thanks all for info!

Quick update:

1. Applied for Global Entry as Permanent Resident (conditional 2-yr green card)

2. Two days later after submitting application, global entry application was "conditionally approved"

3. Made appointment for global entry interview

4. Did global entry interview

5. One day later after interview, global entry application was approved! yay!

Thanks

Edited by NorthernBoy
added global entry interview step

Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Bill Oxner said:

Those with Global Entry do you find it worth having?

One of my credit cards offers it as perk, but I only leave USA like 3 times per year. 

If the fee is being paid by you CC, why not get it? Specially if you live close to one of the CBP offices.

13 minutes ago, jostermacedo said:

If the fee is being paid by you CC, why not get it? Specially if you live close to one of the CBP offices.

I was more concerned about it being worth my time since I only travel outside USA a few times per year

Is it really that much of a convience

Is it fairly easy process?  I haven't traveled outside of USA since July.

Edited by Bill Oxner

3 hours ago, Bill Oxner said:

It's worth having for me. I always hear the stories of my colleagues spending a while to go through immigration at the airport near me. For me it takes less than 5 minutes usually because of Global Entry.

Worth it for me, also getting it for free with CC. In addition, GE comes with TSA Pre, meaning I have much smoother experience going through security. E.g. no shoes or belt to remove, laptop in the bag, shorter line etc.

Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Bill Oxner said:

I was more concerned about it being worth my time since I only travel outside USA a few times per year

Is it really that much of a convience

Is it fairly easy process?  I haven't traveled outside of USA since July.

If you live close to an interview location is very straightforward to get. You apply online and then go for a 10-minute interview/biometrics. When you return to the US you go to a face recognition machine (where they have these) and it takes 30 seconds to go through (assuming you're not selected for secondary inspection). If you ever cross the border with Canada, you can use Nexus line when entering the US (but not going to Canada). And, as OldUser said above, you also get TSA Prev, which is a good thing for Domestic air travel.

Edited by jostermacedo

On 3/22/2023 at 6:29 AM, Bill Oxner said:

One of my credit cards offers it as perk, but I only leave USA like 3 times per year. 

For three times a year I’d definitely say it’s worth it. Honestly, the last time I entered the US before GE, the line at immigration was approximately three hours long, and the first time after, I was through in five minutes. Two extremes, but even if I never used it again (which I will, but nvm) I still think it was worth $100 and a couple hours of PTO from work. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.