Niq

Follow up Interview after 221g Issued

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

My husband had a interview Jan 11 and was given a 221g requesting for medical and additional relationship evidence and to drop his passport at the designated drop box. I have two dependents on my taxes, which is my grandmother and stepbrother, and I failed to tell my husband about it because I didn’t know they were going to ask about it and she was so focused on my taxes thinking I had children that she didn’t ask for any pictures or history of our marriage, so for three weeks we were put in administrative processing and my husband was emailed on the Feb 2 saying the CO requested a follow up interview.  Has anyone experienced this and can tell me what to expect? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

they ask everything about u' and your family

that's why u need to provide more evidence of the relationship as u did not inform him of this

things a person needs to know

1 who lives with u

2. previous marriages and divorces and the dates of them

3. children and ages

4.  your school and college(s)

5. your address

6. your city and state

7. your weather

8. friends 

and anything else that is a part of your life

• 2 months later...

*** Removed related thread in a different sub-forum.  Please post your related questions/updates in this thread to keep the discussion in one place. ***

9 minutes ago, Niq said:

My husband ended up having a interview on January 11, 2023. He was asked about 2 questions which was what I did for a living, and he responded. She began typing in her computer and the next questions was do I have children. I failed to tell my husband about my other dependent on my taxes which was my disabled grandma. He knew the other person which was my stepbrother who has autism who was adopted by my grandma long story short. The CO officer didn't like that he didn't know who was on my taxes and I guess she assumed I was committing tax fraud maybe or that our relationship wasn't genuine. And a pink 221g was given and we were placed on AP. Then 3 weeks later we received an email asking for a follow up interview which wasn't scheduled until March 1, 2023, and it was basically to give back passport and evidence she basically stated that she didn't have enough evidence to approve our case and she was sending it back to USCIS. I really believe our case will be reaffirmed because we had plenty of evidence, I visited twice after we got married. I have reasons in why I haven't seen my husband in almost two years because of prior job, and surgeries back-to-back which I have proof and have other supporting evidence such as joint accounts, and properties that we own together. 

Our two-year anniversary is coming up and I was wondering will NVC upgrade our case or wait until it is reaffirmed? Has anyone from the Cameroon embassy know how fast they usually send cases back I been praying the CO sent it immediately after our first interview because I believe she had already refused it on that first interview because nothing was asking from my husband in the follow up interview or nothing. I know it takes 6-12 months or even longer for everything to be processed but some people get their case sent back quicker than others. Just depends on the severity of the case. 

Thanks 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

An unrelated post and its replies have been split into a new thread in this forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.