13 posts in this topic

Hello All,

I would like to know the status of my case(I know I can see that in case status page, which has been showing as REVIEWING for more than 6 months). I tried like to ASK EMMA and  typed  "info pass", it showed me this "Please select the link below to schedule or manage an InfoPass appointment with a USCIS Immigration Officer.". My question is, if I schedule an appointment, would that effect my case anyway?

Without going through EMMA, if I call USCIS and say "INFOPASS" and ask about my case status, would that have negative effect on my case?

Thanks in Advance for your responses. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Zero negative effect.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

34 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

Zero negative effect.

Thanks @TBoneTX. Any idea who we will be talking to when we connect through EMMA and say infopass (I mean rank/category of agent)? I just had a chat with an agent, after providing all the info about my case agent said my case is still under normal processing time then I said "Many people who filed months after me are already citizens but I'm still waiting" then she ENDED the chat. I don't know if this will have anything on my case. 

Any idea who we will be talking to when we connect through EMMA and say infopass (I mean rank/category of agent)? I just had a chat with an agent, after providing all the info about my case agent said my case is still under normal processing time then I said "Many people who filed months after me are already citizens but I'm still waiting" then she ENDED the chat. I don't know if this will have any negative outcome on my case. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Did you checked if you're within the current processing times? Cause that's all that counts. That other people filed after you and got approved before you does not matter. You most likely won't get an infopass appointment if you're within processing times. You can try, no negative consequences.

22 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Did you checked if you're within the current processing times? Cause that's all that counts. That other people filed after you and got approved before you does not matter. You most likely won't get an infopass appointment if you're within processing times. You can try, no negative consequences.

Thanks for answering my question. Yes, my case is still under processing time. 

Any idea who we will be talking to when we connect through EMMA and say infopass (I mean rank/category of agent)? I just had a chat with an agent, after providing all the info about my case agent said my case is still under normal processing time then I said "Many people who filed months after me are already citizens but I'm still waiting" then she ENDED the chat. I don't know if she is pissed off, can they delay it more because of this?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
2 minutes ago, AnonymousImmi said:

Thanks for answering my question. Yes, my case is still under processing time. 

Any idea who we will be talking to when we connect through EMMA and say infopass (I mean rank/category of agent)? I just had a chat with an agent, after providing all the info about my case agent said my case is still under normal processing time then I said "Many people who filed months after me are already citizens but I'm still waiting" then she ENDED the chat. I don't know if she is pissed off, can they delay it more because of this?

They don't care enough. It won't affect your case. They'll ask you politely to stop if you keep on going without a reason since you're still within processing times but nobody will flag your case for extra slow processing. 

13 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

They don't care enough. It won't affect your case. They'll ask you politely to stop if you keep on going without a reason since you're still within processing times but nobody will flag your case for extra slow processing. 

@Letspaintcookiesthanks again much for answering. I was worried as I thought I made it worse unknowingly.

Edited by AnonymousImmi
typo

Timeline
13 hours ago, AnonymousImmi said:

Hello All,

I would like to know the status of my case(I know I can see that in case status page, which has been showing as REVIEWING for more than 6 months). I tried like to ASK EMMA and  typed  "info pass", it showed me this "Please select the link below to schedule or manage an InfoPass appointment with a USCIS Immigration Officer.". My question is, if I schedule an appointment, would that effect my case anyway?

Without going through EMMA, if I call USCIS and say "INFOPASS" and ask about my case status, would that have negative effect on my case?

Thanks in Advance for your responses. 

If it makes you feel any better, my wife's case has been actively under review since December 2021. We didn't learn anything new after talking to Tier  1 when we called last month. All we can do now is wait until October, when it is outside of normal processing. Oh well.  

12 hours ago, jztelemark said:

If it makes you feel any better, my wife's case has been actively under review since December 2021. We didn't learn anything new after talking to Tier  1 when we called last month. All we can do now is wait until October, when it is outside of normal processing. Oh well.  

I'm sorry your wife's case it taking long. I wish they process everyone's case faster and at least provide some details about the cases, no insight of what is happening or where the case is!

What is your FieldOffice? 

Timeline
On 2/3/2023 at 9:20 PM, AnonymousImmi said:

I'm sorry your wife's case it taking long. I wish they process everyone's case faster and at least provide some details about the cases, no insight of what is happening or where the case is!

What is your FieldOffice? 

So our case is slightly complicated as we applied for Naturalization under 316(b) as I currently working for the UN in Austria. However, the answer to your question is the Boise field office. What is truly strange about the case is that we went from submitted to actively reviewed with no indication of reuse biometrics.

Our hope is that submitting 751 breaks things lose but we are not holding our breath. 

On 2/4/2023 at 4:02 PM, jztelemark said:

So our case is slightly complicated as we applied for Naturalization under 316(b) as I currently working for the UN in Austria. However, the answer to your question is the Boise field office. What is truly strange about the case is that we went from submitted to actively reviewed with no indication of reuse biometrics.

Our hope is that submitting 751 breaks things lose but we are not holding our breath. 

Hope you will hear something from them soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.