GreyM

Benin interview letters [merged threads]

38 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

DQ?

On average it takes 1-2 months to get scheduled for an interview after DQ.  Longer if the embassy has backlogs.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Benin
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Jordanian Bride said:

I think it’s too early to complain. We have a DQ around the same time as you, but our consulate has a four month backlog. Some consulates have a 20 month backlog, so a 2 month wait is nothing.

Yeah true. My brother was DQ September 9th 2022 and had interview December 21st at the Benin Consulate. It’s 2-3 months average for Benin I think. 

9 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

the wait now is for the embassy to send notice to NVC that an interview can be scheduled/ u will be in queue 

I thought they send the notice at the end of the month

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, GreyM said:

Yeah true. My brother was DQ September 9th 2022 and had interview December 21st at the Benin Consulate. It’s 2-3 months average for Benin I think. 

Sorry, what date exactly did he receive the interview letter

that more helpful in making predictions

thank you

I’ve been DQ since Oct 19 and it takes about 3 months and 3 weeks to get the interview letter from my husbands embassy in Santo Domingo. Really hoping to hear something by the end of next month or beginning/middle of February 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
6 hours ago, GreyM said:

they do not send interview letters till the embassy says to send them / that's the way NVC and the embassy work together for the CR1 interview

K1 is different as NVC only assigns a case # s  and sends that packet  to embassy and the interview is scheduled by petitioner or bene

don't confuse the 2

when the embassy is ready,  they will notify NVC with open interview date and u will receive notice of that with instructions for the original documents bene needs to bring /u should check those out on USCIS site as so many times a case goes into AP (extended processing ) because a document is needed / those are listed on following site

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/immigrant-visa-for-spouse.html#:~:text=Bring your original civil documents,to your immigrant visa interview.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Benin
Timeline
2 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

they do not send interview letters till the embassy says to send them / that's the way NVC and the embassy work together for the CR1 interview

K1 is different as NVC only assigns a case # s  and sends that packet  to embassy and the interview is scheduled by petitioner or bene

don't confuse the 2

when the embassy is ready,  they will notify NVC with open interview date and u will receive notice of that with instructions for the original documents bene needs to bring /u should check those out on USCIS site as so many times a case goes into AP (extended processing ) because a document is needed / those are listed on following site

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/immigrant-visa-for-spouse.html#:~:text=Bring your original civil documents,to your immigrant visa interview.

Thank you. I hope slots become available for nvc to fill us in soon

• 3 weeks later...

*** Removed related thread in a different sub-forum.  Please post your related questions in this thread to keep the discussion in one place. ***

19 minutes ago, GreyM said:

What’s the status of backlogs at the Benin embassy? Has anyone received interview letter. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.