Kyle6811

? Move to mx while waiting, income qual?

58 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, Mike E said:

You are hoping after you change your mailing  address that USCIS will properly record  it. Visajourney is full of tragedies where this didn’t happen.  

I suggest you get a usps or private mailbox in the USA that is in driving distance from where you will live in Mexico before you file I-130.  This can be your permanent mailing address. 

Or get a virtual mail box that forwards your mail to anywhere you want.   

No I was going to use my moms address here in Colorado.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
3 hours ago, Kyle6811 said:

? I thought I remember someone saying you can’t move because you can’t change your address 

58 minutes ago, Kyle6811 said:

No I was going to use my moms address here in Colorado.

And I’m out.  

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
8 hours ago, Kyle6811 said:

Thanks for listening. Is there any problem with me filing while living in Colorado then moving? I thought I remember someone saying you can’t move because you can’t change your address but maybe that was when I was looking at k1 options. We are married now so will apply for cr1

You need the ability to get your mail.  Several actions you can take to assure that.  Mailing address can be a separate address from your physical address.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
13 hours ago, pushbrk said:

You need the ability to get your mail.  Several actions you can take to assure that.  Mailing address can be a separate address from your physical address.

Is there anything I’ll be receiving that a virtual mailbox won’t work for? Or a recommendation on a virtual mailbox company?

Edited by Kyle6811

Timeline
1 hour ago, Kyle6811 said:

Is there anything I’ll be receiving that a virtual mailbox won’t work for? Or a recommendation on a virtual mailbox company?

Nothing.  UPS store will do fine

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
On 2/1/2023 at 5:14 AM, pushbrk said:

Nothing.  UPS store will do fine

Ok. So we’ve been working up some ideas. Looking for flaws to be pointed out.

I plan to apply for the cr1 this weekend using a virtual mailbox for mailing. we plan to move to Tijuana, I will work in San Diego. Thinking to get one virtual mailbox for both of us with a physical location in sd. This mailbox would have scanning services available as well as physical pickup. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Kyle6811 said:

Ok. So we’ve been working up some ideas. Looking for flaws to be pointed out.

I plan to apply for the cr1 this weekend using a virtual mailbox for mailing. we plan to move to Tijuana, I will work in San Diego. Thinking to get one virtual mailbox for both of us with a physical location in sd. This mailbox would have scanning services available as well as physical pickup. 

Sounds good, but you won't be applying for anything.  You'll be filing a petition.  When the petition is approved, the foreign spouse will be invited to apply for the applicable visa, CR1 or IR1 based on timing of issue.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
On 2/3/2023 at 8:17 PM, pushbrk said:

Sounds good, but you won't be applying for anything.  You'll be filing a petition.  When the petition is approved, the foreign spouse will be invited to apply for the applicable visa, CR1 or IR1 based on timing of issue.

@pushbrk question. Looking over the guide here

it states that the petitioner must live in the us. Our plan is to file then live together in Tijuana where I can work in the us but still live with her there. Is that not an option or am I confused again?

Timeline
2 hours ago, Kyle6811 said:

@pushbrk question. Looking over the guide here

it states that the petitioner must live in the us. Our plan is to file then live together in Tijuana where I can work in the us but still live with her there. Is that not an option or am I confused again?

Read again.  It does not say that.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
On 2/5/2023 at 3:32 PM, pushbrk said:

Read again.  It does not say that.

@pushbrk

ok I’m filling out the i130 form to be printed and mailed per advice. I have a few questions.

1. Part 2 Item 19 - part4 20 we were physically married in Mexico, but via Utah officiant and Utah marriage license. Do I put Utah for both of us?

2. Part 4 : 62 can the consulate where the beneficiary will apply be changed later? Does she just choose the closest one? She is in Durango nearest to Mexico City but I imagine that one is very busy. Any recommendations?

3. For - ALL - blanks do I write in n/a?

Timeline
3 hours ago, Kyle6811 said:

@pushbrk

ok I’m filling out the i130 form to be printed and mailed per advice. I have a few questions.

1. Part 2 Item 19 - part4 20 we were physically married in Mexico, but via Utah officiant and Utah marriage license. Do I put Utah for both of us?

2. Part 4 : 62 can the consulate where the beneficiary will apply be changed later? Does she just choose the closest one? She is in Durango nearest to Mexico City but I imagine that one is very busy. Any recommendations?

3. For - ALL - blanks do I write in n/a?

1. Yes

2.  It will be Juarez no matter what you enter. Only one Immigrant visa unit in Mexico (or any country now)

3.  No, and it is not possible to "type" N/A in ANY blank  You can if you want but that instructions is an artifact.  

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
41 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

1. Yes

2.  It will be Juarez no matter what you enter. Only one Immigrant visa unit in Mexico (or any country now)

3.  No, and it is not possible to "type" N/A in ANY blank  You can if you want but that instructions is an artifact.  

Thanks @pushbrk

Timeline
1 hour ago, pushbrk said:

1. Yes

@pushbrk

Due to my circumstances of moving but not knowing where, is there a reason i wouldn’t be able to use my mothers address for mailing who can scan anything that arrives? Ups store doesn’t scan and if I get a box in Cali but don’t move, I can’t access it.

Edited by Kyle6811

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.