AndiB

Number of cases processed hit new high!

2,063 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Ok-Mix said:

This is my theory.  People tried to file the petition with insufficient evidence to see if they could get away with it, then when the RFE comes they drop it... 

This right here and I have seen people on FB literally say and I don't just mean 1-2 cases...they got an RFE and just ignored everything because they were too lazy to inform them that they'd cancel the K1 route. Stuff like that makes me always so furious...and then they go ahead and ask : so I found someone else outside the US I want to bring over, can I re-file for an K1...?

And I am like dude what...at least inform them! :( People seriously are quite something else. Wishing for us all a speedy approval soon ❤️ 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 hours ago, New Romantics said:

I thought that they need 50% processed not just touched to move on, no? 

Touched, not processed so RFEs are included. 

I-129f filed: 2022-10-21  ||  NOA1: 2022-10-24  ||  NOA2: 2023-09-21
NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20
Entry to US: 2024-02-14 || Married: 2024-02-29

---

AOS filed: 2024-03-18 ||  NOA1: 2024-03-20 || Biometrics: 2024-04-01
EAD NOA2: 2024-04-02  ||  EAD Received: 2024-04-24
GC Approval: ...

Timeline
1 hour ago, Bh_sarah said:

Thank you! Fingers crossed!! And I thought the 'processed' word had a meaning it was closed since they talk about completed cases when explaining the processing times here. In fact, they say "Processing time is defined as the number of days (or months) that have elapsed between the date USCIS received an application, petition, or request and the date USCIS completed the application, petition, or request (that is, approved or denied it) in a given six-month period."
So it's not really just touched (like an RFE), but fully completed/adjudicated, right?

Yes, I've heard many people ignored the meeting in person in the 2 years prior to filing because of Covid lockdowns, thinking USCIS would just let go of that requirement. They didn't.

Yes the 80% means fully closed and adjucated

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 minutes ago, FilledesEtoiles said:

Lol oh really? Is that stat over the past 6 months as well?

Not exactly. It's the 50% median number for the fiscal year so far (so October through March)

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/historic-pt

Edit:

That is to say it is 6 months right now, but it will change until the end of the year.

Edited by Naterson
Clarification

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

39 minutes ago, Nikobe said:

For whatever it is worth: The median processing times reported by USCIS dropped “drastically” ( ;) ) to 14.5 from 14.6 when they included March.

I'll take it!

I-129f filed: 2022-10-21  ||  NOA1: 2022-10-24  ||  NOA2: 2023-09-21
NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20
Entry to US: 2024-02-14 || Married: 2024-02-29

---

AOS filed: 2024-03-18 ||  NOA1: 2024-03-20 || Biometrics: 2024-04-01
EAD NOA2: 2024-04-02  ||  EAD Received: 2024-04-24
GC Approval: ...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Mr.So said:

But the time chart for NVC to receive cases is trending up. Are we trading one bottle neck for another bottle neck?

Screenshot 2023-04-25 163107.png

I think what you're saying is that improvements in USCIS are resulting in higher backlogs at NVC, which is exactly what it looks like is happening. Let's just hope NVC doesn't slow down the same amount as USCIS speeds up otherwise it's a wash.

Although I would still say the bottleneck is at USCIS as the wait remains far longer.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
Just now, Naterson said:

I think what you're saying is that improvements in USCIS are resulting in higher backlogs at NVC, which is exactly what it looks like is happening. Let's just hope NVC doesn't slow down the same amount as USCIS speeds up otherwise it's a wash.

Although I would still say the bottleneck is at USCIS as the wait remains far longer.

I’m praying it doesn’t create a higher backlog with NVC but it almost seems inevitable at this point, no? A friend of mine that was recently received her NOA2 in February received her case number in late March so she didn’t wait long, it’s the embassy in Senegal that has her at a standstill right now 😬. If this process teaches us nothing else, it surely teaches us how to hurry up and wait. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Mr.So said:

But the time chart for NVC to receive cases is trending up. Are we trading one bottle neck for another bottle neck?

Screenshot 2023-04-25 163107.png

Yup ,Unfortunately NVC process is so behind, even more behind than their own time frame. USCIS to NVC at this moment takes around 30-40 days. 

2 hours ago, FilledesEtoiles said:

Yes the 80% means fully closed and adjucated

RFE usually has 90 days due date, however look like there is no time frame for USCIS to make decisions after RFER. Approval or denial are vary between 7 to 60 days after RFER.

Best thing is USCIS processing more case daily compare to 2-3 months ago, that will help reduce backlog somehow...

Only Positive thoughts and faith make this journey easier since USCIS process will stay a mystery.

Some day soon we all be with our loved ones 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Something seems fishy with the NVC timelines. If you check their website, they say: "Current case creation time frame: As of 24-Apr-23, we are working on cases that were received from USCIS on 14-Apr-23. We are reviewing documents submitted to us on 10-Apr-23."

Makes it sound to me like the bottleneck is still USCIS - they're just delivering the case files very slowly.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.