mrev

January 2023 I-130 filers

169 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
On 2/28/2023 at 2:12 AM, AK65 said:

I am US Citizen and filed I-130 for my wife on 17th Jan 2023 online. Got immediate payment receipt notice in email on same day from USCIS. It mentions Potomac as Service center in receipt and Estimated time until case decision as 5 months. Now it is showing 4 months now after 6 weeks back. Now for last 6 weeks USCIS case status just says "Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Sent". Other than this no further updates. Looks like USCIS have not started reviewing the CASE yet. Is this normal for no change in status for last 6 weeks? Anything I can do to find out details regarding case status and processing time required?

I'm sorry I don't have an answer to your question, but I just want to say WOW at the fact that your estimated time was given as 5 months since you filed so recently. I have heard many anecdotes that the estimated time is not accurate at all, but it probably still feels good to see it. My guess is that no status change for 6 weeks is pretty normal, as many people don't see a status change for many months.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 3/12/2023 at 9:51 PM, ghanighani said:

Why are people submitting I-129F's for K3 visa? I thought you just had to submit a I-130 and wait? 

Yes but apparently it expedites the I-130. The I-129F itself won't be approved. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Petersaad1 said:

Yes but apparently it expedites the I-130. The I-129F itself won't be approved. 

There is no evidence that it does .. no way of knowing .. but its free, feels like you're doing something , and doesn't harm your I130 petition 

Edited by Lil bear

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi all, joining in for the first time here in the forums :)

I'm a USC living in Ireland with my Irish husband. Filed our I130 on January 28th. Got a receipt immediately saying our petition was assigned to the Nebraska service center. I then got a notice on January 30th saying our case is being actively reviewed by USCIS. No updates since then. The USCIS website estimates our petition will be decided on in 11 months. 

I saw some of you mentioned that by chatting with Emma you were able to tell if your case was transferred - can you tell me what you asked the bot to get that info? I don't have any reason to think our case was transferred but would be nice to know I suppose!

Looking forward to going on this journey with you all :)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
On 3/19/2023 at 7:47 AM, ak89 said:

Hi all, joining in for the first time here in the forums :)

I'm a USC living in Ireland with my Irish husband. Filed our I130 on January 28th. Got a receipt immediately saying our petition was assigned to the Nebraska service center. I then got a notice on January 30th saying our case is being actively reviewed by USCIS. No updates since then. The USCIS website estimates our petition will be decided on in 11 months. 

I saw some of you mentioned that by chatting with Emma you were able to tell if your case was transferred - can you tell me what you asked the bot to get that info? I don't have any reason to think our case was transferred but would be nice to know I suppose!

Looking forward to going on this journey with you all :)

I asked Emma which service center my case was at. She told me Texas but my Receipt Notice said Nebraska, so I just surmised the phantom "action on my cases" a day after I submitted was a service center transfer.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
14 hours ago, bck86 said:

I asked Emma which service center my case was at. She told me Texas but my Receipt Notice said Nebraska, so I just surmised the phantom "action on my cases" a day after I submitted was a service center transfer.

How do you ask Emma where your case is?

Timeline
On 3/29/2023 at 3:13 PM, Petersaad1 said:

How do you ask Emma where your case is?

I just asked - when you are in the Emma chat box, you have to type in agent and connect to a live service agent to ask where the case is assigned to. You can't get that information from the self service options on Emma - on the bright side, I was able to connect to an agent immediately and it was really easy to get an answer! 

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 3/3/2023 at 6:48 AM, bck86 said:

I'm sorry I don't have an answer to your question, but I just want to say WOW at the fact that your estimated time was given as 5 months since you filed so recently. I have heard many anecdotes that the estimated time is not accurate at all, but it probably still feels good to see it. My guess is that no status change for 6 weeks is pretty normal, as many people don't see a status change for many months.

NOA1 got on 9th March and estimated time was reducing every month. But suddenly yesterday when I was expecting it to reduce from 3 months to 2 months, it shoot up to 8 months now. I know everyone is saying this estimated time at USCIS does not mean anything. But just thought of updating here the status.

• 5 weeks later...
Timeline
On 4/16/2023 at 10:38 PM, AK65 said:

"Actively Reviewing" status got on 9th March and estimated time was reducing every month. But suddenly yesterday when I was expecting it to reduce from 3 months to 2 months, it shoot up to 8 months now. I know everyone is saying this estimated time at USCIS does not mean anything. But just thought of updating here the status.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just seen this thread. No questions, just where I’m at. Filed I-130’s for wife and two sons Jan 5 and 6. No status change, Nebraska Service Center. As of today the processing times are 7 mo, 8 mo and 10 mo. Seems like the timelines are totally bogus. I have no idea. Just waiting.

Edited by RekYan
Word correct

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

FYI my processing time dropped off from 11 months to 5 months today! Word on the street is they are reallocating cases and resources to the 1-130 standalone backlog 😁 we’ll see what happens, but it gives me hope! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.