msdiamond2171

New I-134A, Online Request to be a Supporter and Declaration of Financial Support- Verse K1Visa

144 posts in this topic

Just now, Romelus21 said:

Oh wow! That's  amazing. So once you get married you file for the CR1 and it would start your timeliness over but at least your fiance would be in the states.

I am kinda conflicted about doing it because we are right in time frame of being approved for our K1 Visa. We just got our NOA1 approved and it is being sent to the NVC for the 2nd approval. I'm not sure what to do.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Romelus21 said:

I am kinda conflicted about doing it because we are right in time frame of being approved for our K1 Visa. We just got our NOA1 approved and it is being sent to the NVC for the 2nd approval. I'm not sure what to do.

You really aren't understanding this process, and I am not sure how to explain it in a way that you would understand. I thought I was clear in my last explanation but then you ask questions showing you don't understand it. 

1. i-129f fiancée is an immigration path where you want to marry a foreign citizen and bring them to the USA to get married. interviewed at an embassy before they come. 

2. CR-1 is when you have a married spouse that you want to bring to the USA. interviewed at an embassy before they come. 

3. Parole - It's not tied to marriage at all. They dont need to be interviewed. If approved they just come to the USA for up to 2 years. 

Regardless if you come via i-129f (K1) or Parole.... IF you get married in the USA then you are allowed to stay in the USA after you file an adjustment of status. 

If you come on the parole, and then you need to cancel the i-129f process because it no longer makes sense! You are already in the USA. Just get married and file for Adjustment in status, and stay in the USA 

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Romelus21 said:

I totally understood after I saw your detailed explanation. I happened to post before I saw your explanation. Thank you very much for the details.

Great! glad you understand now. happy to help

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline
1 hour ago, wazzujoel said:

Great! glad you understand now. happy to help

Just to update you after we got approval for the I134 we got travel docs back from CBP in about 24 hours.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
8 hours ago, Etienne Luckny said:

Si la forme i 134a n'est pas approuvée que ce passe t il pour la forme i 129f qui était en cours

English only in the immigration forums please, so everyone can understand.
If you wish to write in a different language, use the Regional Forums.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Rien n’arrivera à ta forme I-129f l’ami.

Nothing will happen. It doesn’t change your I-129f.

Per USCIS.gov FAQs:

Q8. I understand that having a pending immigration case with USCIS will not make me ineligible for the process; however, if I am paroled into the United States under the process and my pending immigration case is approved, will that impact my ability to adjust status at a later time?

If you are paroled into the United States under the process and have a separate immigration case pending with USCIS, your ability to adjust status will not be impacted directly by your parole under this process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 1/8/2023 at 12:01 PM, Kyleandandrea said:

Parole is almost exactly the same as the k1 and much faster. We filed our k1 in Jan 2022 and the parole in Oct 2022 we just got approved for the parole. The k1 process will probably be another 6 or more months.

Other than the financial criteria did you have to document any other justification to qualify for the parole ? Did you have to show an extreme hardship or medical reason or something like that ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline
3 minutes ago, dray said:

Other than the financial criteria did you have to document any other justification to qualify for the parole ? Did you have to show an extreme hardship or medical reason or something like that ?

No. Just need to be a citizen of one of the qualifying countries. 

Timeline
On 1/9/2023 at 9:28 AM, Romelus21 said:

I just had a lengthy convo with my attorney about this. My Fiance is in Cuba, We haven't been approved yet, but according to my attorney, this parole process bypasses the Embassy and interview phase essentially. There is no harm to your current application. Even with an NOA2 approval, there is a good chance this parole program would get your fiance here sooner. I just submitted my i134a. Fingers crossed the 30K per month threshold hasn't been reached yet. 

12 hours ago, Penguin_ie said:

Anglais uniquement dans les forums d'immigration s'il vous plaît, afin que tout le monde puisse comprendre.
Si vous souhaitez écrire dans une autre langue, utilisez les forums régionaux.

if the i 134a form is not approved what will happen with the i 129f form which is already sent but it was not yet approved.

image.png.950c468d873cf5601dfb353655fff8c3.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.