msdiamond2171

New I-134A, Online Request to be a Supporter and Declaration of Financial Support- Verse K1Visa

144 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
9 hours ago, ExtremeLove said:

I like to get clarity on the length of support responsibility. I have read that sponsors on this new I-134A for Cubans are for the length of the parole, which is for 2 years. My question is, after the change in status and the beneficiary becomes a resident of the U.S. is the sponsor released of his support roll or does it continue until the 10yr rule or they become US Citizen, ect.. also like to know the same thing in the case of a K-1 visa,  

Thank you,

This answer is not for citizens from Haiti, Nicaragua,  and Venezuela... This is only for Cubans. It's a little interesting that this path was given for Cubans because of the Cuban Adjustment Act which allows a Cuban who has been living in the USA for 1 year to apply for permanent residency. So if you are sponsoring a Cuban on this parole, although it says it is for 2 years, I believe after the first year they can apply for permanent residency and as soon as that is granted then your commitment of support would end. Unless this parole supersedes the Cuban Adjustment Act, I am pretty sure what I just said is factually correct. Might want to run it past an immigration lawyer though. 

I am not sure what happens to residents of Haiti, Nicaragua,  and Venezuela after the two year support window. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It is 2 years of Humanitarian Parole not of support. Most support programs apply to Refugees

I suppose the expectation is many will apply for asylum, even if most will not qualify. I have not seen this officially commented on. The same of course applies to Ukrainians who are further along in this process. 

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
11 hours ago, wazzujoel said:

I submitted my 134a application on Friday January 6th at around 4:30 PM. There is this whatsapp group for cubans and this process, and it appears that USCIS is moving in order from when they received the application. We have seen people getting approved from about 2pm on Jan 6th, so I suspect that our turn is going to quickly approach. We are tentatively planning on her coming mid February or early March, because there is a lot that my fiancée needs to do before she leaves. 

From everything we have been reading, everyone from these countries who has an active i-129f or CR-1 case should absolutely file for parole. I can't think of a single reason why you would want to come on K1 or CR-1 verses coming on parole. This parole option is great! 

I follow a group on Facebook and it seems as though they’re jumping around numbers . I’m hopeful to be next. 

Timeline
11 hours ago, Lady Rain said:

I follow a group on Facebook and it seems as though they’re jumping around numbers . I’m hopeful to be next. 

When did you submit your i-134a application? Do you have the time you submitted? Can you share the facebook group you are in that are tracking i-134a applications? 

Timeline
3 hours ago, wazzujoel said:

When did you submit your i-134a application? Do you have the time you submitted? Can you share the facebook group you are in that are tracking i-134a 

Timeline
3 hours ago, wazzujoel said:

When did you submit your i-134a application? Do you have the time you submitted? Can you share the facebook group you are in that are tracking i-134a applications? 

I filed on the 8th but got my case # on 01/09/. The group is i134a Parole 

Timeline
On 1/12/2023 at 4:05 PM, Lady Rain said:

Any luck for you as of yet?

I applied on the 10th for i134a. My fiancé is also in Cuba, with a pending k1 application (NOA1 date is 1/14/22). Would love to know when/if you hear back on the i134a app. Good luck to you. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Any USC ar LPR resident in the US.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
6 hours ago, Ngillet said:

I applied on the 10th for i134a. My fiancé is also in Cuba, with a pending k1 application (NOA1 date is 1/14/22). Would love to know when/if you hear back on the i134a app. Good luck to you. 

Thank you 😊 I will keep you posted 

Timeline
On 1/13/2023 at 10:22 AM, wazzujoel said:

I submitted my 134a application on Friday January 6th at around 4:30 PM. There is this whatsapp group for cubans and this process, and it appears that USCIS is moving in order from when they received the application. We have seen people getting approved from about 2pm on Jan 6th, so I suspect that our turn is going to quickly approach. We are tentatively planning on her coming mid February or early March, because there is a lot that my fiancée needs to do before she leaves. 

From everything we have been reading, everyone from these countries who has an active i-129f or CR-1 case should absolutely file for parole. I can't think of a single reason why you would want to come on K1 or CR-1 verses coming on parole. This parole option is great! 

No way you got a letter from a bank officer and a home appraisal in one day! I just spent two days getting the paperwork together. I can't submit I-134A until the banks open on Tuesday, to get the letter from a bank officer.

6 minutes ago, K-9 Visa said:

No way you got a letter from a bank officer and a home appraisal in one day! I just spent two days getting the paperwork together. I can't submit I-134A until the banks open on Tuesday, to get the letter from a bank officer.

Certain people don’t need home appraisal since they may not need assets to prove ability since they may have enough cash in the bank. 
I applied for 3 people at a time and got 2 approved since January 10.

Record time I know but everyone’s situation is unique.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.