msdiamond2171

New I-134A, Online Request to be a Supporter and Declaration of Financial Support- Verse K1Visa

144 posts in this topic

On 1/9/2023 at 4:08 PM, Kyleandandrea said:

Just to update you after we got approval for the I134 we got travel docs back from CBP in about 24 hours.

2 hours ago, Ngillet said:

I just had a lengthy convo with my attorney about this. My Fiance is in Cuba, We haven't been approved yet, but according to my attorney, this parole process bypasses the Embassy and interview phase essentially. There is no harm to your current application. Even with an NOA2 approval, there is a good chance this parole program would get your fiance here sooner. I just submitted my i134a. Fingers crossed the 30K per month threshold hasn't been reached yet. 

Does your fiance have to live in that country or just have a passport from one of those countries? My fiancé is Haitian but moved to Ecuador. He just has a resident card there but his passport is still from Haiti.

Edited by Romelus21

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Romelus21 said:

Does your fiance have to live in that country or just have a passport from one of those countries? My fiancé is Haitian but moved to Ecuador. He just has a resident card there but his passport is still from Haiti.

Needs to be a citizen of one of countries and cannot have permanent residency in another country. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
23 hours ago, Etienne Luckny said:

Si la forme i 134a n'est pas approuvée que ce passe t il pour la forme i 129f qui était en cours

pa gen anyen K1 a pral kontinye pwosesis nòmal la

*** Moved from K1 Process & Procedures to the Carribean regional forum -- topic is about the process for Haitians as part of the CHNV program.  Members may continue discussion in the regional language.  Reminder to post in English outside of this regional forum. ***

Timeline
On 1/8/2023 at 5:59 PM, wazzujoel said:

My fiancée is in Cuba and our NOA1 was Oct 18 2021. I filed i-134a on Friday. 

To be honest, I hope this parole happens first. I like the idea of her coming sooner and us having a little more time to plan a better wedding. With K1, we are trying to plan like 3 different weddings - Will we be getting married in winter, Spring, or summer? Where I live, those seasons really impact the sort of wedding you have and since we don't know when our 90 days will start, it makes wedding planning a bit difficult. Now if she comes within the next couple months, then we can check out wedding venues together, and pick the ideal date we want for our wedding. Such a better immigration path than K1 imho. 

Any luck for you as of yet?

Timeline
4 hours ago, Romelus21 said:

Yeah I'd like to know. My NOA1 is Oct 18 2021 as well. Still waiting for NOA2.

So are you thinking of taking advantage of the I 134a 

4 hours ago, Romelus21 said:

Yes they are backed up a lot it maybe oct 2023 when you get the Noa2 . 

Timeline
1 hour ago, wNavarro said:

I am looking to file the i134A for my niece and her two daughters. One of the daughters is a minor the other an adult. How would i go about doing this in order to assure that all three are processed together? and hopefully approved and travel together?

Good day, you will need to apply for each of them separately. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

I like to get clarity on the length of support responsibility. I have read that sponsors on this new I-134A for Cubans are for the length of the parole, which is for 2 years. My question is, after the change in status and the beneficiary becomes a resident of the U.S. is the sponsor released of his support roll or does it continue until the 10yr rule or they become US Citizen, ect.. also like to know the same thing in the case of a K-1 visa,  

Thank you,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
20 hours ago, Lady Rain said:

Any luck for you as of yet?

20 hours ago, Romelus21 said:

I submitted my 134a application on Friday January 6th at around 4:30 PM. There is this whatsapp group for cubans and this process, and it appears that USCIS is moving in order from when they received the application. We have seen people getting approved from about 2pm on Jan 6th, so I suspect that our turn is going to quickly approach. We are tentatively planning on her coming mid February or early March, because there is a lot that my fiancée needs to do before she leaves. 

From everything we have been reading, everyone from these countries who has an active i-129f or CR-1 case should absolutely file for parole. I can't think of a single reason why you would want to come on K1 or CR-1 verses coming on parole. This parole option is great! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
9 hours ago, ExtremeLove said:

I like to get clarity on the length of support responsibility. I have read that sponsors on this new I-134A for Cubans are for the length of the parole, which is for 2 years. My question is, after the change in status and the beneficiary becomes a resident of the U.S. is the sponsor released of his support roll or does it continue until the 10yr rule or they become US Citizen, ect.. also like to know the same thing in the case of a K-1 visa,  

Thank you,

It is Adjustment of Status, and is like any other Family Adjustment needs a I 864 which is enforceable unlike the I 134. There is not a 10 year rule but that is all explained in the I 864.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.