JojoandTomas

JANUARY 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

261 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
10 hours ago, SeaSing said:

Thanks. I just sent another inquiry to NVC as well along the same lines as you. Will report back in 1 week too!

Just got an email from NVC this morning with our case number! 38 days from NOA2. It said I will be notified once it's forwarded to the embassy.

7 hours ago, badwolfxi said:

Just got an email from NVC this morning with our case number! 38 days from NOA2. It said I will be notified once it's forwarded to the embassy.

Congrats. So excited for you. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
7 hours ago, badwolfxi said:

Congratulations!! I just got the same thing!!! No Invoice Number though. Aren't we supposed to get this when we get our case number? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Inveigh said:

No Invoice Number though. Aren't we supposed to get this when we get our case number? 

You only receive a case number with the K-1. All of the comments I've seen on here state invoice ID is for a different visa. 

Quick reference to confirm this from the Nov NOA2 to NVC thread: 

Edited by SeaSing

Timeline
18 minutes ago, SeaSing said:

You only receive a case number with the K-1. All of the comments I've seen on here state invoice ID is for a different visa. 

Quick reference to confirm this from the Nov NOA2 to NVC thread: 

OHHHHH okay got you got you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Also just received a case number through Public Inquiry (Thanks to the After NOA-2 tips that was posted here) last Wednesday. Has anyone tried to do the DHL trick recently? Does it still work?

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Lalaloopsy said:

Also just received a case number through Public Inquiry (Thanks to the After NOA-2 tips that was posted here) last Wednesday. Has anyone tried to do the DHL trick recently? Does it still work?

What is the DHL trick?

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Lalaloopsy said:

It's a way to track your case once it says IN TRANSIT on the CEAC website. 

Ahhh okay, I’ll have to look that up in a few. Is yours in transit yet by any chance? I believe I have the same date of everyone else got their Case number. I got my number yesterday but still believe it has not moved

Edited by Inveigh

Timeline
On 2/10/2023 at 9:06 PM, gordonsmith said:

Hey! Happy to share how I've been nerd-ing out over this! So I've been looking at timelines here on VisaJourney, particularly people's NOA2 dates and NVC receive dates. I also looked for dates that people got their NVC case numbers. The pattern shows that, recently, cases have often (not always) been sent out around roughly 3 months after the NOA2 and around roughly 3 weeks after NVC case creation. This does vary, of course.

Then I looked at the calendar of dates the NVC supposedly ships cases to embassies, which I got from the Facebook group for "July & August 2021 K1 Visa Filers".

February 14, the next shipping date, seems to line up with my timeline based on the stats I mentioned above. (My NOA2 is 11/14 and NVC case creation date was 1/21.) I know that this is not a guarantee and things can always change, but it does give me some idea of when I might be able to expect my case to be sent out. 

Although it's not certain, hope it helps!

322104818_680018613571729_3459078053205398254_n.jpg

Greetings again, I just remembered that you posted this a while back before most of us had our case number. Do you also have any sources that explain transit time for how long it takes for the visas to arrive at the embassy? Thanks again.

On 2/10/2023 at 9:06 PM, gordonsmith said:

Hey! Happy to share how I've been nerd-ing out over this! So I've been looking at timelines here on VisaJourney, particularly people's NOA2 dates and NVC receive dates. I also looked for dates that people got their NVC case numbers. The pattern shows that, recently, cases have often (not always) been sent out around roughly 3 months after the NOA2 and around roughly 3 weeks after NVC case creation. This does vary, of course.

Then I looked at the calendar of dates the NVC supposedly ships cases to embassies, which I got from the Facebook group for "July & August 2021 K1 Visa Filers".

February 14, the next shipping date, seems to line up with my timeline based on the stats I mentioned above. (My NOA2 is 11/14 and NVC case creation date was 1/21.) I know that this is not a guarantee and things can always change, but it does give me some idea of when I might be able to expect my case to be sent out. 

Although it's not certain, hope it helps!

322104818_680018613571729_3459078053205398254_n.jpg

Thanks for sharing this. I’ll include it going forward 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, elvira.b said:

Hey Guys, Rcvd NVC case # today (02/27/23) NOA2 is 01/10/23. Wish me luck :)

Amazing!!! Congrats. 

Everyone I have question. Why is it I can only track my K1 Visa in the Immigrant Visa section but when I put it in the Non-Immigrant visa section it says that the case number is invalid? Is this an error?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.