Sarge2155

N-400 January 2023 Filers

612 posts in this topic

On 3/8/2023 at 3:22 AM, Sarge2155 said:

Since the filing overlap for the I-751 and the N-400 is so close (1 year apart) we are going to take the entire 751 package, items after the filing of the 751 (these will also suffice as items for the N-400). The N-400  interview NOA states that if you submitted copies when you filed the N-400 online that you should bring the originals to the interview.

@Crazy Cat stated that the IO they had for their combo interview specifically asked for items from the date of filing the ROC to the combo interview, so that's pretty cut and dry there and how we made our decision on what to take. Our local office is the same as Crazy Cats so we were tuned into that statement Crazy Cat made! Items we are taking to the N400 interview :

Copy of the entire I-751 package (never know what USCIS has done with your original and it's better to have it and not need it, than to not have it and need it.) This is all in anticipation of having the Combo interview, also there are items inside the I-751 package we can use for the N400 interview too.

Copy of the entire N-400 package submitted online (ALL Originals as requested)  The N-400 items will also serve as items from ROC filing to N-400 interview. I know its very confusing and a mountain of paperwork, but if its a Combo interview I will be there to help the wife navigate the ROC portion (which is the largest of the packages). The N-400 portion she will be able to manage by herself as it is a much smaller package.

Might be overkill some will say, but this is OUR personal choice as I have learned to be prepared with USCIS throughout the years. We started this journey with the kitchen sink with the K1, no need to stop now as we might as well go out with the kitchen sink too! Since this will be our FIRST interview together, if it's a combo, (AOS was waived) we have little to no idea what to expect thus we are going to go armed to the teeth so to speak! Just sharing with you all what we are going to do, we understand to each is own so please respect that as we do!!!

This is an excellent reminder to get our ducks in a row in advance of the interview. It never hurts to be prepared! 

Best of luck to Mrs Sarge & others with imminent interviews ❤️  

Guys I have a big news! Filled my doc 31st January. I just check and and my interview was scheduled for April. This makes me so happy but also worried. I didn't expect being so quick. I have 4 days trip out of the country the week after the interview. So I heard that I can not leave the country because I would have to give my card until I get the passport. Can somebody tell me more about it

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Zxcvbnmz said:

Guys I have a big news! Filled my doc 31st January. I just check and and my interview was scheduled for April. This makes me so happy but also worried. I didn't expect being so quick. I have 4 days trip out of the country the week after the interview. So I heard that I can not leave the country because I would have to give my card until I get the passport. Can somebody tell me more about it

You won't have to give your card back until the oath date.  Just ask to be scheduled for the oath ceremony after you return.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

47 minutes ago, Zxcvbnmz said:

Grats to you. But it sure would help others if you filled in your timeline. As we all help each other here in VJ.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

1 hour ago, Sarge2155 said:

Grats to you. But it sure would help others if you filled in your timeline. As we all help each other here in VJ.

I am not sure how to do it. I will write it here.

My n400 application is based on 5 years rule
I filled online January 31

February 4th fingerprints were scheduled 

My biometric appointment was February 24th

One hour after the biometrics were taken my online case status was changed to “we are actively reviewing your case ” 

March 10th your interview was scheduled

I hope that would help you guys. Good luck to all of you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
3 hours ago, Zxcvbnmz said:

I am not sure how to do it. I will write it here.

My n400 application is based on 5 years rule
I filled online January 31

February 4th fingerprints were scheduled 

My biometric appointment was February 24th

One hour after the biometrics were taken my online case status was changed to “we are actively reviewing your case ” 

March 10th your interview was scheduled

I hope that would help you guys. Good luck to all of you

What’s your field office?

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Timeline
55 minutes ago, Jazii said:

People filed after us are getting scheduled ;) and we keep asking what field office...lol...when will our turn come in columbus ohio? :) God knows :)

I don’t understand what’s the hold up. I mean, Columbus is a big City, but surely it’s not like NY… I know of a person that filed in January and got scheduled for interview only three weeks after, but then the interview got cancelled. 

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, herefornat said:

Is there any advantage to filling early at all (90 day rule)? Could you get your interview sooner because you filed early? Compared to if you had filed after you are eligible (after the 5 year mark)?

Not really. Just getting done with USCIS earlier I guess

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 hours ago, herefornat said:

Is there any advantage to filling early at all (90 day rule)? Could you get your interview sooner because you filed early? Compared to if you had filed after you are eligible (after the 5 year mark)?

Sure there's an advantage to get the ball rolling earlier. I filed exactly 2 months before my 5-year anniversary which was Dec 17, and got the interview notice on January 3 -  just two weeks after the anniversary date. There's no way I would've got an interview scheduled that fast if I had waited.

Timeline
2 hours ago, NorthByNorthwest said:

Sure there's an advantage to get the ball rolling earlier. I filed exactly 2 months before my 5-year anniversary which was Dec 17, and got the interview notice on January 3 -  just two weeks after the anniversary date. There's no way I would've got an interview scheduled that fast if I had waited.

How do you know?

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.