M&Y_2019

ROC Evidence Review

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

All - apologies for two separate posts in a day. We're planning to submit the following evidence for ROC soon. I'd very much appreciate any thoughts or advice you all have about whether this should be sufficient.

1. Several months of joint bank statements showing direct deposit from both of our jobs. 

2. Statements from several other bank accounts (savings accounts, etc) in which we are joint holder.

3. Copy of term life insurance policies for each of us, showing the other as the beneficiary of the policy.

4. IRS tax transcript for joint returns for 2019, 2020, 2021. 

5. Copies of two signed lease agreements which have both of our signatures. 

6. Copies of boarding passes from several flights we took together, seated together. 

7. Copies of health, dental, and vision policies (or insurance ID cards) showing us both on them. 

8. Copies of forms indicating we are each other's beneficiaries for accounts such as 401k, IRA, HSA, etc. 

9. Proof that we are part of the same cellular family-plan (along with my parents and sibling).

10. Proof that my spouse is an authorized user of one of my credit cards. 

11. Copy of dental bills showing us going to appointments at the same dentist. 

I honestly didn't plan to submit photos (or maybe a couple) as I heard they don't really give any weight to those. That said, we could include a few next to the area we show the boarding passes for trips we went on, or a couple showing the two of us with each other's respective families. 

Should the above be more than enough or is there anything else I should think about? Thank you very much!

Edited by M&Y_2019

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Looks good to me. Include the pictures. Even if they're not as good as joint bank accounts they do help to paint the picture. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
15 minutes ago, M&Y_2019 said:

All - apologies for two separate posts in a day. We're planning to submit the following evidence for ROC soon. I'd very much appreciate any thoughts or advice you all have about whether this should be sufficient.

1. Several months of joint bank statements showing direct deposit from both of our jobs. 

2. Statements from several other bank accounts (savings accounts, etc) in which we are joint holder.

3. Copy of term life insurance policies for each of us, showing the other as the beneficiary of the policy.

4. IRS tax transcript for joint returns for 2019, 2020, 2021. 

5. Copies of two signed lease agreements which have both of our signatures. 

6. Copies of boarding passes from several flights we took together, seated together. 

7. Copies of health, dental, and vision policies (or insurance ID cards) showing us both on them. 

8. Copies of forms indicating we are each other's beneficiaries for accounts such as 401k, IRA, HSA, etc. 

9. Proof that we are part of the same cellular family-plan (along with my parents and sibling).

10. Proof that my spouse is an authorized user of one of my credit cards. 

11. Copy of dental bills showing us going to appointments at the same dentist. 

I honestly didn't plan to submit photos (or maybe a couple) as I heard they don't really give any weight to those. That said, we could include a few next to the area we show the boarding passes for trips we went on, or a couple showing the two of us with each other's respective families. 

Should the above be more than enough or is there anything else I should think about? Thank you very much!

Looks good to me.  Be aware that, in our I-751 interview two days ago, the officer wanted to see that same kind of evidence dated from I-751 submission until interview date.  Driver's Licenses with same address is good, too. Good Luck!!!

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, Crazy Cat said:

Looks good to me.  Be aware that, in our I-751 interview two days ago, the officer wanted to see that same kind of evidence dated from I-751 submission until interview date.  Driver's Licenses with same address is good, too. Good Luck!!!

Wait what? Y'all made it? After waiting so long? Congratulations 🥳🥳 ( sorry OP, had to derail for a hot second 😁)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Wait what? Y'all made it? After waiting so long? Congratulations 🥳🥳 ( sorry OP, had to derail for a hot second 😁)

Yep.  Finally.  Now waiting on the oath ceremony.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

1 hour ago, M&Y_2019 said:

I would advise against that. Pictures in a timeline fashion are a great evidence of how ur relation started and how its going, the celebrations, vacations, events you had together. I sent 100 pics (4 pics per page - 25 pages in total) in an ascending timeline with bottom section detailing venue, date, people in the pic.

Edited by Mobius1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Mobius1 said:

I would advise against that. Pictures in a timeline fashion are a great evidence of how ur relation started and how its going, the celebrations, vacations, events you had together. I sent 100 pics (4 pics per page - 25 pages in total) in an ascending timeline with bottom section detailing venue, date, people in the pic.

Wow. My husband and I don't even have 100 photos together. 

However, we did send around 12 photos, all spaced throughout our marriage and showing us in different places, and a few with friends/family. 

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

3 minutes ago, beloved_dingo said:

However, we did send around 12 photos, all spaced throughout our marriage and showing us in different places, and a few with friends/family. 

I guess each couple is different. I have maybe between 1000-2000 pics together over the last 5 years. But sent maybe 50? It took a lot of filtering 😄 I pretty much submitted photos from events and outings, pretty much 1-2 photos per month. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Thanks all!

They always gave me the impression that they don't really care about pictures. During the K1 stage, I submitted many photos in additional to other (more substantial) proof of us having met. We ended up with an RFE stating "pictures are not sufficient proof of having met. Please provide proof you have met in the last two years", yet the RFE did not even acknowledge or address any of the other more concrete evidence we had submitted. It's almost as if the pictures somehow hurt our application - that, or they just disregarded everything else we had and just picked something to send an RFE about. 

With AOS, we might have submitted at most 3 pictures, but I can't recall. Thankfully, no issues there. 

I certainly don't think that pictures are going to hurt with ROC, so I will definitely go ahead and include some. 

Edited by M&Y_2019

Timeline
45 minutes ago, OldUser said:

I guess each couple is different. I have maybe between 1000-2000 pics together over the last 5 years. But sent maybe 50? It took a lot of filtering 😄 I pretty much submitted photos from events and outings, pretty much 1-2 photos per month. 

Well, I guess I should say "we don't have 100 photos we could send to USCIS" because so many of our photos together are just silly selfies we took together with poor lighting or with similar clothes to dozens of other photos which makes them indistinguishable as far as laying out a timeline in picture form.

We definitely don't have 1000 photos together for sure though! Haha

32 minutes ago, M&Y_2019 said:

Thanks all!

They always gave me the impression that they don't really care about pictures. During the K1 stage, I submitted many photos in additional to other (more substantial) proof of us having met. We ended up with an RFE stating "pictures are not sufficient proof of having met. Please provide proof you have met in the last two years", yet the RFE did not even acknowledge or address any of the other more concrete evidence we had submitted. It's almost as if the pictures somehow hurt our application - that, or they just disregarded everything else we had and just picked something to send an RFE about. 

With AOS, we might have submitted at most 3 pictures, but I can't recall. Thankfully, no issues there. 

I certainly don't think that pictures are going to hurt with ROC, so I will definitely go ahead and include some. 

Specifically for the K-1, they want to see things like boarding passes and/or hotel reservations, in addition to some photos, as proof of meeting in person. After all, they don't know what either of you actually look like and they can't verify a photo was taken in a two year period either - so photos alone aren't really proof of anything.

However, by the time you are doing ROC, your identities have been established, they likely have many photos in the file due to K-1 + AOS, so photos are a great type of secondary evidence to include for the I-751. 

Edited by beloved_dingo

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

51 minutes ago, beloved_dingo said:

Am I a weird case for having about 13,000 pics over 4.5 years with my now ex? 🙄 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mobius1 said:

Am I a weird case for having about 13,000 pics over 4.5 years with my now ex? 🙄 

Not at all 😂 Funnily enough, I take photos of my husband all the time, but much less of us both in the photo together.

3 hours ago, Mobius1 said:

We’ve never sent any pictures through this entire process.   No issues yet.   

1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

We’ve never sent any pictures through this entire process.   No issues yet.   

It’s a recommended submission not required and it only helps a case and not damage it.

99.9% of people want to have interview waived. In such a case one should send everything they can to make the odds better. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.