bcrew13

Physical Green Card Destroyed

12 posts in this topic

So for some reason, the USCIS said they could not deliver my wife's physical green card to our address even though we've received every letter notices they've sent. We had to file a I-90 to replace the green card because it could not be delivered, with a ETA of 3-4 months when we filed. Now the ETA is 18 months and her ADIT stamp that she arrived with 12/21 is set to expire. We tried to setup a infopass appointment for a new stamp so we don't have any issues and USCIS said they are fully booked and can't setup an appointment, this was after trying to setup an appointment in August and being told it had to be within 30 days of the expiration of the stamp before allowing us to setup an appointment.

My wife will have no proof of residency that is not expired, what do we do? This was no fault of our own, and we've done everything we are supposed to, but USCIS is way too backlogged to get anything done in the timeframe they require themselves. USCIS says on their website a receipt of I-90 is good for 24 month extension with an expired green card, if you don't have a green card you can get an ADIT stamp, but what if I can't get an ADIT stamp either?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Keep calling for that ADIT stamp.

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, bcrew13 said:

Ya, we've called three times the last 2 weeks and they just say they can't do anything. We're trying to get a state id tomorrow since her ADIT stamp won't be expired yet and that can serve as her proof, but the backlog is very frustrating. 

Yes, I 90's are at the bottom of the barrel relative to processing order which is probably why there is a backlog in appointments to get an ADIT stamp.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Congressman/Senator’s immigration liaison. Get in touch with that person and explain what happened and ask for assistance. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

If she needs evidence of authorization to work her unrestricted  social security card is that.  

Unless she needs to travel internationally or get a drivers license,  does she need evidence of LPR status?

Edited by Mike E

I'm on the same boat and there isn't much you can do. Maybe your representative will back to you but infopass appointments are being denied across the board. 

event.png

Current processes:

I-751 regular ROC (SRC)                                       N-400 3 year marriage based (IOE)

Jan 17 2023 - Received                                       Jan 22, 2024 - Submitted online 

Jan 23, 2023 - NOA + 36 months extension     Jan 22, 2024 - Biometrics waived

Apr 12, 2023 - 48 months extension letter        Mar 6, 2024 - Interview scheduled for Apr 11 COMBO I-751/N-400!!!!

Completed:

I-90 for lost GC (IOE)

Sep 6, 2022 - Received

Sep 14, 2022 - Case is Being Reviewed

Feb 6, 2023 - Card is being produced !!!!!!!!!!

Feb 13, 2023 - Out for delivery/Return to sender 😠

Mar 6, 2023 - Re-mail request

Mar 9, 2023 - GC delivered!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

@bcrew13 any updates? After I contacted my congress rep it took over a month but they got back to me and around the 4 month mark I got the famous ADIT stamp.

event.png

Current processes:

I-751 regular ROC (SRC)                                       N-400 3 year marriage based (IOE)

Jan 17 2023 - Received                                       Jan 22, 2024 - Submitted online 

Jan 23, 2023 - NOA + 36 months extension     Jan 22, 2024 - Biometrics waived

Apr 12, 2023 - 48 months extension letter        Mar 6, 2024 - Interview scheduled for Apr 11 COMBO I-751/N-400!!!!

Completed:

I-90 for lost GC (IOE)

Sep 6, 2022 - Received

Sep 14, 2022 - Case is Being Reviewed

Feb 6, 2023 - Card is being produced !!!!!!!!!!

Feb 13, 2023 - Out for delivery/Return to sender 😠

Mar 6, 2023 - Re-mail request

Mar 9, 2023 - GC delivered!!!!!!

16 minutes ago, bcrew13 said:

We literally got our appointment 5 min ago. We got my wife a state id card to travel domestically in the mean time a day before her ADIT stamp expired. Now she'll have both.

That's great. She wouldn't have to carry or use passport for domestic travel.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.