highHopes

Form I-797C Notice of Action N-400 after passing Interview

52 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Afternoon, trying to get some opinions, I had interviewed in January of 2022 I applied June 1st 2021. Today I just received NOA to appear January 18th 2023. Has anyone experienced this? Do I need to restudy for the N400 questions even though I had passed earlier in the year?

I do have an attorney on record but I am awaiting his call to ask, am just kind of confused and nervous.

Thanks 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
57 minutes ago, highHopes said:

Afternoon, trying to get some opinions, I had interviewed in January of 2022 I applied June 1st 2021. Today I just received NOA to appear January 18th 2023. Has anyone experienced this?  

Generally yes we have. In my case that was a notice to take oath of citizenship.  Are you sure that isn’t what your notice says?

Timeline
38 minutes ago, MiraCante said:

I don't understand!

Let me see if I can explain it better.

I applied June 1st 2021

Got notice for an interview  November 2021

I interviewed January 2022 - I was told a decision could not be made. I have been waiting all these month. 

Today I received a letter Notice of Action Form I-797C on January 18 2023

I am confused because I have interviewed already so am going to be interviewed again or they need to ask some further question or what ?

Thanks 

Your entire immigration history is reviewed when you apply for N-400.

- Were you in status when you married a US citizen?

- Are you still married to this US citizen?

- When your I-751 was approved, were you still married and living together?

- Did you commit any crimes?

- Were you a part of any group?

There's many reasons why you could have been called for the second interview.

Is I-797C for interview or something else?

Edited by OldUser

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Generally yes we have. In my case that was a notice to take oath of citizenship.  Are you sure that isn’t what your notice says?

Well I didn't see anywhere that says oath. I attached copy 20221205_174534.thumb.jpg.2cff53ca0aba5bd50de9f2d02f0a742d.jpg

Timeline
13 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Your entire immigration history is reviewed when you apply for N-400.

- Were you in status when you married a US citizen?

- Are you still married to this US citizen?

- When your I-751 was approved, were you still married and living together?

- Did you commit any crimes?

- Were you a part of any group?

There's many reasons why you could have been called for the second interview.

Is I-797C for interview or something else?

To answer your questions 

Were you in status when you married a US citizen? Yes i was still F-1

- Are you still married to this US citizen? Yes still married 10yrs with a child

- When your I-751 was approved, were you still married and living together? Yes was married and living together

- Did you commit any crimes? Yes i do have a record "recieving and concealinga stolen property less than $500. I had that before i applied for I-751

- Were you a part of any group? No , I actually work in government as we speak and have for the past 5 years.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, highHopes said:

Well I didn't see anywhere that says oath. I attached copy

This is unusual.  

I hope your lawyer will be attending with you 

3 minutes ago, highHopes said:

Yes i do have a record "recieving and concealinga stolen property less than $500. I had that before i applied for I-751

Was this while you were an LPR?

How many days were you absent from the USA in the past 5 years?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mike E said:

This is unusual.  

I hope your lawyer will be attending with you 

Was this while you were an LPR?

How many days were you absent from the USA in the past 5 years?

Yes I know has me nervous big time.

Yes my attorney will be present.

It happened when I was a student on an F-1 visa. 

I have been out of the country totally of maybe 17 days in total and that's twice traveling once in 2010 and in 2015 all between a week or week and half.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, highHopes said:

It happened when I was a student on an F-1 visa. 

12 minutes ago, highHopes said:

Yes i do have a record "recieving and concealinga stolen property less than $500. I had that before i applied for I-751

Did you disclose this on:

Any F-1 visa renewal

I-485

N-400

?

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Did you disclose this on:

Any F-1 visa renewal

I-485

N-400

?

Yes it was disclosed it on my I-485. I did not do any F-1 renewal.

Also disclosed on N-400 and I even had to provide certified court. Documents. My attorney actually completed the N400. Like I mentioned due to that arrest i took every step to make sure I disclose it. I was asked questions about it during my interview explained the entire situation.  

Timeline
2 minutes ago, highHopes said:

Yes it was disclosed it on my I-485. I did not do any F-1 renewal.

Also disclosed on N-400 and I even had to provide certified court. Documents. My attorney actually completed the N400. Like I mentioned due to that arrest i took every step to make sure I disclose it. I was asked questions about it during my interview explained the entire situation.  

I see no reason why this issue should cause your naturalization to be denied.

Your timeline says you entered the USA on the same day you filed I-485. If so, that's an issue, and as @OldUser says, your entire history will be reviewed.

Was your spouse born in the U.S.? Did you know your spouse before you entered the U.S. on your F-1?

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I see no reason why this issue should cause your naturalization to be denied.

Your timeline says you entered the USA on the same day you filed I-485. If so, that's an issue, and as @OldUser says, your entire history will be reviewed.

Was your spouse born in the U.S.? Did you know your spouse before you entered the U.S. on your F-1?

I must have made a mistake on my timeline but:

2008 entered USA on F1 visa

2010 got married meet my spouse here did not know her before arriving

2012  applied for permanent residency  got the standard 2 year temp

2015 Temp removed got full 10 years.

And now applied for N400

2 hours ago, highHopes said:

Afternoon, trying to get some opinions, I had interviewed in January of 2022 I applied June 1st 2021. Today I just received NOA to appear January 18th 2023. Has anyone experienced this? Do I need to restudy for the N400 questions even though I had passed earlier in the year?

I do have an attorney on record but I am awaiting his call to ask, am just kind of confused and nervous.

Thanks 

You’re not appearing to answer those test questions again.  Your NOA would say oath ceremony if you’re swearing in.  
You have an issue.  The common ones, presence and criminal history, seem to be adequately disclosed.  That means they seem to have found something inconsistent between things you previously filed and your N-400.  I’m hoping you saved copies of everything.  I’d go through everything you filed with a fine toothed comb and try to figure out what it is.

Edited by iwannaplay54

Timeline
45 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Was your spouse born in the U.S.?

@highHopes I didn’t see an answer to this. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.