ammysild

NVC sent case back to USCIS

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
15 minutes ago, IoptimisticOne said:

When you filled out the I-129f, did you choose a country embassy/consulate in the petition where you want your petition to be processed? Since your petition number starts with a WAC……., nvc cannot process it. If that’s the case, I think their might be hope to salvage your petition. Get on it with the help of the U.S citizen’s senator and a lawyer. There might be hope!

WAC is california office for the USCIS part of this process

that office sends it to NVC where it is assigned with embassy numbers

when it goes back to USCIS they again will refer to it as WACxxxxx

2 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

WAC is california office for the USCIS part of this process

that office sends it to NVC where it is assigned embassy numbers

when it goes back to USCIS they again will refer to it as WACxxxxx

What's your bet?

You would say that they send the case to the Embassy in Rio, or that they never even received the case?

Something happened between USCIS > NVC.

I always tracked the case. I never received any RDJ (NVC receipt number). They never send any letter, anything.

1 hour ago, ammysild said:

I never received any RDJ (NVC receipt number). They never send any letter, anything.

You mentioned this in your first post too ; NVC does not send welcome letters to K1 applicants, it’s been said in the Guides here as well as posts…. I lost count at how many times I’ve said this . They only send an email when the case leaves NVC and is en route to the consulate. In order to find your case number before that happens, you need to contact the NVC and ask for the case number. 

Edited by powerpuff

29 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

You mentioned this in your first post too; NVC does not send welcome letters to K1 applicants, it’s been said in the Guides here as well as posts…. I lost count of how many times I’ve said this. They only send an email when the case leaves NVC and is en route to the consulate. To find your case number before that happens, you need to contact the NVC and ask for the case number. 

This is exactly what I did.

Gonna tell you how:

NOA 2: September 22, 2022

The noa2 instructions on the letter said:

Please allow a minimum of 30 before sending the NVC an inquiry.

I did.

On October 23, 2022, I sent NVC a request for our receipt number.

On November 3, (5 days ago) I received an e-mail, the department of state has sent my case back to USCIS

Yesterday I send an Inquiry about our case to USCIS, which they responded in less than 24 hours (really strange), saying that the case was returned by the embassy (RIO CONSULATE) and they can't reapproved the petition.?????

Like??? This is madness, right?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
1 hour ago, ammysild said:

Yesterday I send an Inquiry about our case to USCIS, which they responded in less than 24 hours (really strange), saying that the case was returned by the embassy (RIO CONSULATE) and they can't reapproved the petition.????

It would help if you shared what they said exactly, covering up important info of course.

3 hours ago, ammysild said:

This is exactly what I did.

Gonna tell you how:

NOA 2: September 22, 2022

The noa2 instructions on the letter said:

Please allow a minimum of 30 before sending the NVC an inquiry.

I did.

On October 23, 2022, I sent NVC a request for our receipt number.

On November 3, (5 days ago) I received an e-mail, the department of state has sent my case back to USCIS

Yesterday I send an Inquiry about our case to USCIS, which they responded in less than 24 hours (really strange), saying that the case was returned by the embassy (RIO CONSULATE) and they can't reapproved the petition.?????

Like??? This is madness, right?

It is very strange. It sounds like a mistake on their part (and hopefully it is). It does happen that the case is sent back to USCIS from DOS (NVC), it’s rare but I’ve seen it happen here and it’s usually due to technical errors (they forgot to stamp it correctly for example). I’d contact USCIS and demand to speak to tier 2 /ask for call back from them, I think it would also make sense to involve your senator or representative in order to get answers and hopefully some clarity 

3 hours ago, Jordanian Bride said:

It would help if you shared what they said exactly, covering up important info of course.

"The status of this service request is:

You or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your case to determine the status of your case. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

The petition with receipt number WAC-21-***-***** was approved and was forwarded abroad to the United States Embassy/ Consulate for K-1 visa processing. Subsequently, the K-1 visa was not issued and the I-129F petition has been returned to the USCIS. Since the I-129F petition has been returned to the USCIS, all action on this petition is concluded and the petition will not be revalidated.

For I-129F Consular return cases where the K-1 visa was not issued, the USCIS may not be issuing any further notification about the case to the petitioner. In this instance, the petitioner may choose to file a new Form I-129F, Petition for an Non-Citizen Fiancé(e), with fee.
We hope this information is helpful to you."

What you all think?
Thanks for your interest in.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, ammysild said:

What you all think?

So sorry that you are experiencing this very frustrating situation.  129F petitions returned to USCIS die there, with no appeal possible, this was clearly stated in the email response.  Your USC petitioner should immediately try to find out the specific details as to why the petition was sent back to USCIS.  The petitioner may have to file a FOIA request to get answers.  With that additional information, then the petitioner should consult with an experienced US immigration attorney for advice on next steps.  The most common path forward in these situations is to get married and then file an I-130 petition for a CR-1 spousal visa, but don't do that until the reason(s) for what happened with the I-129F is known, as the same issue may cause problems with the spousal visa process.  I doubt that you will be able to get in to the US consulate in Rio without an appointment.  Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, carmel34 said:

So sorry that you are experiencing this very frustrating situation.  129F petitions returned to USCIS die there, with no appeal possible, this was clearly stated in the email response.  Your USC petitioner should immediately try to find out the specific details as to why the petition was sent back to USCIS.  The petitioner may have to file a FOIA request to get answers.  With that additional information, then the petitioner should consult with an experienced US immigration attorney for advice on next steps.  The most common path forward in these situations is to get married and then file an I-130 petition for a CR-1 spousal visa, but don't do that until the reason(s) for what happened with the I-129F is known, as the same issue may cause problems with the spousal visa process.  I doubt that you will be able to get in to the US consulate in Rio without an appointment.  Good luck!

could be a big plan but the bene says case was originally held up for long processing for background checks

i wouldn't marry the USC until i knew what the background checks showed 

Pay a small fee online to one of the "people SS # anyone can pay the fee to gain this info / i did it on one USC guy i dated because he scared me

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
13 minutes ago, ammysild said:

Hello, my dear fellas. I start writing this with a little relieved heart.

You know I've been wanting answers about what happened to me, and God sent me some today.

I had sent an Inquiry to the NVC, to the US Embassy in Brazil, and to USCIS itself. We contacted our congressman (state of Alabama) and also forwarded our case to two experienced attorneys.

On November 3rd USCIS updated my account saying that the Department of State had sent my case back to USCIS for them to "review".

I am happy to say that they reviewed the case today, Thursday, November 10th, and we were RE-APPROVED. I am really happy. The case was sent back to the NVC and the Rio de Janeiro embassy had never seen my case before.

This serves as hope for those who have had the case sent back to USCIs for possible review, keep your hopes up. The case was re-approved, yes it is possible (unlike USCIS saying my case was sent to the embassy and they denied it. This was a lie and the officer who sent this inquiry should review the methods of how USCIS deals with people's lives.)

I was desperate on day 3, day 4, and day 5... And I made this post to share my problem. I thank all of you, each one, who answered me here trying to solve this puzzle with me. I appreciate every answer.

A new letter will be sent to my fiancé and I'm so glad he wasn't turned down because of his criminal background! We will now move on with our case being sent to the NVC, and my conclusion from this is that USCIS makes mistakes, and sometimes it's worth your while to fight for what you want.

My fiance and I are both scientists, we have no criminal cases, and a clean record for over ten years, we are eligible to marry and we have never been married before or had children from other marriages. I have 28 years and he's 32 years old.

Nothing that would hurt or delay our case, but it happened.

If it happens to you, please. Let them know. Let the USCIS know, the NVC, your embassy, and your state political representatives. We pay taxes for this.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND AMERICA TOO! :)))

image.png.3dc4bd0942a524c831e2668827660715.png

NVC sometimes sends K-1 cases back to USCIS when they (USCIS) have made an administrative error.  This happens rarely, but it happens.  Had the consulate returned your case to USCIS, it would have expired.  Congratulations!  I hope the rest of your journey is smooth.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2022 at 6:38 PM, ammysild said:

Hello, my dear fellas. I start writing this with a little relieved heart.

You know I've been wanting answers about what happened to me, and God sent me some today.

I had sent an Inquiry to the NVC, to the US Embassy in Brazil, and to USCIS itself. We contacted our congressman (state of Alabama) and also forwarded our case to two experienced attorneys.

On November 3rd USCIS updated my account saying that the Department of State had sent my case back to USCIS for them to "review".

I am happy to say that they reviewed the case today, Thursday, November 10th, and we were RE-APPROVED. I am really happy. The case was sent back to the NVC and the Rio de Janeiro embassy had never seen my case before.

This serves as hope for those who have had the case sent back to USCIs for possible review, keep your hopes up. The case was re-approved, yes it is possible (unlike USCIS saying my case was sent to the embassy and they denied it. This was a lie and the officer who sent this inquiry should review the methods of how USCIS deals with people's lives.)

I was desperate on day 3, day 4, and day 5... And I made this post to share my problem. I thank all of you, each one, who answered me here trying to solve this puzzle with me. I appreciate every answer.

A new letter will be sent to my fiancé and I'm so glad he wasn't turned down because of his criminal background! We will now move on with our case being sent to the NVC, and my conclusion from this is that USCIS makes mistakes, and sometimes it's worth your while to fight for what you want.

My fiance and I are both scientists, we have no criminal cases, and a clean record for over ten years, we are eligible to marry and we have never been married before or had children from other marriages. I have 28 years and he's 32 years old.

Nothing that would hurt or delay our case, but it happened.

If it happens to you, please. Let them know. Let the USCIS know, the NVC, your embassy, and your state political representatives. We pay taxes for this.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND AMERICA TOO! :)))

image.png.3dc4bd0942a524c831e2668827660715.png
I am in the same situation! My case was sent back to USCIS for review on October 6, and still no update from USCIS. Did you contact USCIS? I am wondering how yours was re-approved so fast!! My NOA1 is from April 2021 as well; and it seems there are so many cases from April 2021 that had issues and were sent back to USCIS.  

18 hours ago, Jessica and Umar said:

Wow, I'm so sorry you've been going through the same thing for so long! Last week we received NOA2 in physical mail, for the second time...

I gave up on understanding what happened to the April 2021 K1 cases. It seems we were the group that suffered the most from delays, long background checks, and huge dates. I'll try to clarify how I acted in my case, and maybe you'll find some light to solve yours:

I sent inquiries to USCIS. I called them, (tier 2) and requested assistance. The first few times I had to fight with them to show the seriousness of the situation, saying that they were hurting us in time and money, and emotionally. I don't know if they considered anything, but I made sure I was serious about my case and my relationship.

I also contacted the NVC through inquiries and they replied that they never had my case, that the USCIS took it back and they didn't tell me why. Other sources I consulted: Two lawyer friends, said that the NVC sending the case back to the USCIS would be either, USCIS's mistake (wrong name or any detail on the case and they had to fix it) or that something went wrong in the background check of the petitioner. If he has a criminal life, that is, some missing paper or something you missed and it was necessary.

Another thing we did, we contacted a congressman and they were super helpful. They sent an inquiry from the office to USCIS and USCIS responded to them the same day my case was approved.

I don't know if it was something we did that caused to re-evaluate our case and re-approve, or if it was just pure luck. 

That's what we did. We've never had any RFEs, we don't have a criminal life (I don't even drive) and I've never done anything wrong. I'm young, and so is my fiance. No other marriages and no children.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.