craftercool

Where does parents falls in the Visa Bulletin?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi VJ members,

I'm trying to read this month's table of the Visa Bulletin, but, I can't find which category does parents of US Citizens belong to, according to the NVC's website my mom's case is eligible for an IR5 Visa, 

Would appreciate any help with this:

FAMILY-SPONSORED PREFERENCES

First: (F1) Unmarried Sons and Daughters of U.S. Citizens:  23,400 plus any numbers not required for fourth preference.

Second: Spouses and Children, and Unmarried Sons and Daughters of Permanent Residents:  114,200, plus the number (if any) by which the worldwide family preference level exceeds 226,000, plus any unused first preference numbers:

A. (F2A) Spouses and Children of Permanent Residents:  77% of the overall second preference limitation, of which 75% are exempt from the per-country limit;

B. (F2B) Unmarried Sons and Daughters (21 years of age or older) of Permanent Residents:  23% of the overall second preference limitation.

Third: (F3) Married Sons and Daughters of U.S. Citizens:  23,400, plus any numbers not required by first and second preferences.

Fourth: (F4) Brothers and Sisters of Adult U.S. Citizens:  65,000, plus any numbers not required by first three preferences.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Parents are immediate relatives and are therefore not subject to the visa bulletin.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
1 minute ago, Boiler said:

Parents are immediate relatives and are therefore not subject to the visa bulletin.

Hi Boiler, so, it's just a matter of waiting on the consulate? It's cause, my mom's priority date is Jan 2021, it's going to be 2 years.

I contacted the NVC back in June and they got back to me saying: "Your application is now waiting for an interview appointment".

I don't know if consulates also have bulletins to see which cases they are shceduling.  

21 minutes ago, craftercool said:

Hi Boiler, so, it's just a matter of waiting on the consulate? It's cause, my mom's priority date is Jan 2021, it's going to be 2 years.

I contacted the NVC back in June and they got back to me saying: "Your application is now waiting for an interview appointment".

I don't know if consulates also have bulletins to see which cases they are shceduling.  

You misunderstand the process.  The visa bulletin is not used by embassies to decide to schedule. It shows when limited categories have visa numbers available - at that point the petition is able to have an interview set . Because IR petitions always have visas available, NVC goes directly to the coordinate with embassy step for interview once they are done with the petition. Interviews are generally scheduled in order of DQ date, so the fact that you’ve been waiting since June is likely just a reflection of the current backlog at the embassy. Having a visa number available and getting to the front of the interview queue are separate things….

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline
7 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Interviews are generally scheduled in order of DQ date, so the fact that you’ve been waiting since June is likely just a reflection of the current backlog at the embassy. 

Hi SussieQQQ, thanks a lot, your explanation brought a lot of light, but also, more concerns, see, our DQ date is October 2021, a year ago, would you say that's normal?

Do you know if embassies have bulletins to see which cases they are scheduling?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
30 minutes ago, craftercool said:

I don't know if consulates also have bulletins to see which cases they are scheduling.  

You are just waiting, I know Mexico is particularly backlogged. You can look around to see what time others are having to wait.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 minute ago, craftercool said:

Hi SussieQQQ, thanks a lot, your explanation brought a lot of light, but also, more concerns, see, our DQ date is October 2021, a year ago, would you say that's normal?

Do you know if embassies have bulletins to see which cases they are scheduling?

There ate a few threads on VJ discussing some of the larger embassies, a search in some of those might shed some light for you. But short answer is for the most backlogged embassies, yes the wait is longer than a year.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Boiler said:

You are just waiting, I know Mexico is particularly backlogged. You can look around to see what time others are having to wait.

2 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

But short answer is for the most backlogged embassies, yes the wait is longer than a year.

Boiler & SussieQQQ thanks a lot for your help, one last question, when attempting to check my mom's case online at https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do  I get an error saying: 

Error: The application receipt number entered is invalid. Please check your receipt number and try again.

Honestly that's terrifying me, I'm like, is there something wrong with the case? Or is it because the case is still at the NVC and not at the embassy?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, craftercool said:

Boiler & SussieQQQ thanks a lot for your help, one last question, when attempting to check my mom's case online at https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do  I get an error saying: 

Error: The application receipt number entered is invalid. Please check your receipt number and try again.

Honestly that's terrifying me, I'm like, is there something wrong with the case? Or is it because the case is still at the NVC and not at the embassy?

You checked USCIS case status.  The petition has been approved and was sent to NVC.

You need to check CEAC status with the Case # and Invoice #.

Timeline
11 hours ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

You checked USCIS case status.  The petition has been approved and was sent to NVC.

You need to check CEAC status with the Case # and Invoice #.

2 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

Got it, much appreciated it! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.