Redfan84

Administrative processing cr1 visa

15 posts in this topic

Hello all. Question is my wife had her interview and they kept her and my Step children's passports. But they asked for my original divorce papers which I ordered and sent asap. They received them and my status changed from refused to administrative processing. Her interviewer did not say approved or denied but just asked her for the passports and to get the papers to the embassy asap and was very nice to my wife. Any ideas on the time frame we are looking at? My attorney seems to think 2 weeks tops but reading everything online some people take months. 

Thanks in advance 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

What embassy?

Administrative processing takes any where from 10 working days typically to several years. Knowing the embassy and the citizenships of your family would give us a better idea. 

The fact the embassy still has their passports is a good sign. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Redfan84 said:

Bangkok. It changed from refused to administrative processing 2 days after they were mailed the papers and received them. 

Good. I predict their administrative processing  will be closer to 10 working days than to years.  

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?op6=All&op66=All&op7=Thailand&op1=h&op2=&dfile=No&op3=5&op4=1&op5=5%2C6%2C8%2C10%2C11%2C13%2C14%2C15%2C16%2C17%2C18%2C20%2C21%2C22%2C25%2C26%2C27%2C28%2C108%2C110%2C111%2C208%2C210%2C211&cfl=

The listing doesn’t show the visa restored date but if you click into the recent cases, seems like the longest was about a month after the interview. 

Edited by Mike E

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
2 hours ago, Redfan84 said:

Bangkok. It changed from refused to administrative processing 2 days after they were mailed the papers and received them. 

Should have visa in a week or so. My stepson just did his F2A visa interview ( 12 Hours ago) and they requested a copy of my wifes and mine original marriage certificate for some reason. I went and got a few copies( Last night at midnight, I love Vegas, you can get anything you want 24hours a day 7 days a week), and I am on the plane 24 hours from now to go to Bangkok. Should get there late Friday, get everything together, and mail Saturday to the embassy. They should receive it Monday, and hopefully process pretty soon. They kept his passport, and CEAC says refused right now, but should switch to administrative processing when they receive the paperwork like it did on yours. Let me know when your status changes to issued, so I have an idea of the time frame also. Thanks in advance for the help.

Edited by Loren Y

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

1 hour ago, Loren Y said:

requested a copy of my wifes and mine original marriage certificate for some reason

Have a great flight..not sure how you missed that but it’s standard practice to require original marriage cert of pet. as that is the basis that establishes parent/child relationship to beneficiary. 
I am sure you will get through in less than 10 days as oracle @Mike E predicts..as not much vetting needed for a minor.

The only thing I suggest is uploading the newly obtained document to CEAC ( as it has different identifiers / issue date from the previously uploaded doc via NVC) as that seems to be reported by many attending interviews and bringing new records at or post interview.

Edited by Family

Timeline
1 hour ago, Family said:

Have a great flight..not sure how you missed that but it’s standard practice to require original marriage cert of pet. as that is the basis that establishes parent/child relationship to beneficiary. 
I am sure you will get through in less than 10 days as oracle @Mike E predicts..as not much vetting needed for a minor.

The only thing I suggest is uploading the newly obtained document to CEAC ( as it has different identifiers / issue date from the previously uploaded doc via NVC) as that seems to be reported by many attending interviews and bringing new records at or post interview.

I must have misread something, and sent her original marriage certificate and divorce certificate from her ex husband who she had the child with. I sent both of those because in the I130 she was the petitioner, and it asked for marriage certificate and divorce certificate if any, so I thought her old marriage certificate and divorce certificate. Didn't occur to me that they needed our New certificate showing our relationship. The only way I am involved in the process is the I864 with the joint financial documents, but I guess they need proof her and I are married because I am a " Family Member". No big deal, The amount of flyer miles I have It was cheaper for me to fly out of LA round trip to Bangkok, then to Next day air via fed-ex. The next day air is 114 and change, I got a round trip ticket where I only had to pay the taxes on it for around 120. So I guess it's a few dollars more than next day air, but a few days getaway is always good. the 21 hours of total flying time sucks, but I haven't been thru Korea, or Taipei, or hopefully Japan on the way back. Japan just reopened earlier this month, and I enjoy Tokyo, shooting for that on the return.

Yes, they checked upload, and mail for how to send it in. Already uploaded last night, now have to mail in the original. Since I never uploaded a copy of it from the beginning, it should all match when they receive it.

Edited by Loren Y

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

50 minutes ago, Loren Y said:

got a round trip ticket where I only had to pay the taxes on it for around 120. So I guess it's a few dollars more than next day air, but a few days getaway is always good

Volunteering for Executive Assistant Willing to Carry Important Document Attaché …heading to San Diego Airport, will be on standby! 😆 

15 hours ago, Redfan84 said:

Hello all. Question is my wife had her interview and they kept her and my Step children's passports. But they asked for my original divorce papers which I ordered and sent asap. They received them and my status changed from refused to administrative processing. Her interviewer did not say approved or denied but just asked her for the passports and to get the papers to the embassy asap and was very nice to my wife. Any ideas on the time frame we are looking at? My attorney seems to think 2 weeks tops but reading everything online some people take months. 

Thanks in advance 

When did it change to AP?

I had my interview and right after that my case changed to AP.  The next day it changed to ISSUED. It happened to another person at the same embassy as well - after interview it was AP then for her 2 days later ISSUED. 

My heart sank when I saw Administrative Processing but now I'm wondering if sometimes AP just means they are working on it? Like processing it? I know for lots of ppl AP takes a long time, but don't lose hope, yours might not be one of those cases where they do extensive background checks. The fact that they kept your passport is a good sign.

Good luck! 

It changed to AP 2 days after they received the divorce papers I sent. At first it said refused bit once they got the papers it changed. So I'm hoping they will issue the visas fast. My wife said the interview went well and they only asked like 5 questions. At the end the lady said let me have your passports and get me the divorce papers asap. Which we did. 

Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
59 minutes ago, Redfan84 said:

Great news. Today the status changed to issued. So now hopefully we have in hand next week some time and possibly get back in time for the kids to experience their first Halloween. Yay!!!

Thanks all

Congrats

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Well, I just got good news on my Visa case in Bangkok. Went from Refused after the interview for 5 days. Then after they received The documents I mailed in that day it went to ready, then the next day all in the same day from Ready, to Administrative Processing, then to Issued later that same day. Just checked it a few minutes ago. So from interview to issued in about 7 days even after having to send in a marriage certificate original copy.

Visa Issued.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
10 hours ago, Loren Y said:

from interview to issued in about 7 days

Yee-HAAAAA!  :dance: 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.