TeeKay11

September 2022 NVC submissions thread

111 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Ladee said:

Hi I have a question.

So we have gotten two RFEs . Our last submission was sept 27. Both RFEs requested for the joint sponsor's w2/1099 for 2020. The joint sponsor thought the reason they are probably still requesting is because he filled the tax return jointly with his wife in 2020 and the numbers were not adding up.

So he submitted all w2/1099 of his wife to show that he filed tax jointly with his wife that year so the numbers can add up, is there something else we are missing here? Wouldn't want another RFE , its really draining.

Why did they give you two RFEs for the same thing? Did you not upload all the W2s/1099s for the first RFE?

Well, here is a comprehensive list that would eliminate all doubt:

1. JS’s I-864, MFJ tax transcript, W2, 1099, Proof of USC/LPR status, Proof of domicile

2. Marriage certificate of JS and his wife (Proof of relationship between JS and household member)

3. JS’s wife I-864A, W2, 1099, Proof of USC/LPR status, Proof of domicile

BTW it’s time for the 2021 tax transcript. You should upload it if it is ready, or write a letter explaining that it is not.

Edited by Jordanian Bride

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Jordanian Bride said:

Why did they give you two RFEs for the same thing? Did you not upload all the W2s/1099s for the first RFE?

Well, here is a comprehensive list that would eliminate all doubt:

1. JS’s I-864, MFJ tax transcript, W2, 1099, Proof of USC/LPR status, Proof of domicile

2. Marriage certificate of JS and his wife 

3. JS’s wife I-864A, W2, 1099, Proof of USC/LPR status, Proof of domicile

Yes we did , it was accepted but they still requested for the same thing. I just wish they could be more specific with what they need to see as opposed to just typing the same RFE and leaving us to figure out what they need.

What i gathered from some of the previous thread is that when the numbers do not add up they will keep requesting , as they would want to see where all the income is coming from. It is just draining. We only submitted all 1099 for the JS's wife, we didn't think to add the other listed documents since we are not adding the JS's wife as a sponsor too . Will add these to clear all doubts.

Thanks 

Edited by Ladee

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ladee said:

What i gathered from some of the previous thread is that when the numbers do not add up they will keep requesting , as they would want to see where all the income is coming from. It is just draining. We only submitted all 1099 for the JS's wife, we didn't think to add the other listed documents since we are not adding the JS's wife as a sponsor too . Will add these to clear all doubts.

Thanks 

It is entirely true that they keep requesting for additional evidence when the numbers don’t add up. If the JS files taxes jointly, his wife is involved now and has to submit the documents I listed above. Here’s from the US Embassy Amman website (I believe it is the requirement of the DOS no matter the country):

1. A copy of the signed affidavit of support (I-864) from the petitioner and joint sponsor (if applicable)
  2. Copies of the petitioner’s/joint sponsor’s federal tax returns (form 1040 and all W2s) or IRS tax transcript for the most recent Federal income tax return that the petitioner/joint sponsors filed prior to signing the I-864. Additional proof of the petitioner’s/joint sponsor’s assets can also be supplied as supporting documents.
  3. Proof of the petitioner’s and joint sponsor’s domicile in the United States and proof of the petitioner’s/joint sponsor’s U.S. citizenship or legal permanent resident status.

*If the petitioner did not file taxes: A  statement by the petitioner stating why he or she did not file taxes.

*If the petitioner’s income does not meet minimum requirements, provide a completed and signed I-864 and financial documents from a joint sponsor. (NOTE: If the joint sponsor files taxes jointly, please also include an I-864A completed and signed by the joint sponsor’s spouse.)

Source: https://jo.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/how-to-apply/

2 hours ago, aerodnight said:

Weird, thought you don't need to upload W2 if you have transcript, only if you choose to use tax return

1 hour ago, Jordanian Bride said:

Less than a year ago when the NVC phone line was still up, a member of the forum asked them why they are requesting a W2 when she’s provided them a full tax transcript, and they said they’re required now.

So I suggest everyone who has W2/1099s to upload them or to write up a letter explaining they don’t have them otherwise.

I am not entirely sure what the difference is, but do recall my wife first being confused and then pissed as hell since she claimed they practically say the same thing?

Anyways. Here is to hoping we get news today or tomorrow!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, DutchGuy said:

I am not entirely sure what the difference is, but do recall my wife first being confused and then pissed as hell since she claimed they practically say the same thing?

Anyways. Here is to hoping we get news today or tomorrow!

A full tax return is unprocessed and contains all the 1040, the W2s/1099s, and schedules for that year. 

The tax return transcript is a result of the processed tax return and is more reliable to them.

All the best!

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Jordanian Bride said:

It is entirely true that they keep requesting for additional evidence when the numbers don’t add up. If the JS files taxes jointly, his wife is involved now and has to submit the documents I listed above. Here’s from the US Embassy Amman website (I believe it is the requirement of the DOS no matter the country):

1. A copy of the signed affidavit of support (I-864) from the petitioner and joint sponsor (if applicable)
  2. Copies of the petitioner’s/joint sponsor’s federal tax returns (form 1040 and all W2s) or IRS tax transcript for the most recent Federal income tax return that the petitioner/joint sponsors filed prior to signing the I-864. Additional proof of the petitioner’s/joint sponsor’s assets can also be supplied as supporting documents.
  3. Proof of the petitioner’s and joint sponsor’s domicile in the United States and proof of the petitioner’s/joint sponsor’s U.S. citizenship or legal permanent resident status.

*If the petitioner did not file taxes: A  statement by the petitioner stating why he or she did not file taxes.

*If the petitioner’s income does not meet minimum requirements, provide a completed and signed I-864 and financial documents from a joint sponsor. (NOTE: If the joint sponsor files taxes jointly, please also include an I-864A completed and signed by the joint sponsor’s spouse.)

Source: https://jo.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/how-to-apply/

Okay this makes sense . Thanks a lot

I just realised it was not a Joint sponsor but a Household member instead. Does this apply too? I am guessing Adding a joint sponsor and Household member do not mean the same?

Please pardon my multiple questions

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jordanian Bride said:

Can you clarify?

What i meant is that my mum is actually the petitioner, my brother is now standing as an household member. Recall on the nvc page there is "Add a joint sponsor" and "Add household member" so i'm guessing they do not mean the same thing.

So i am asking could it be possible that the the requirements for MFJ of a joint sponsor is different for an household member

Timeline
Just now, Ladee said:

What i meant is that my mum is actually the petitioner, my brother is now standing as an household member. Recall on the nvc page there is "Add a joint sponsor" and "Add household member" so i'm guessing they do not mean the same thing.

So i am asking could it be possible that the the requirements for MFJ of a joint sponsor is different for an household member

Your mother is the primary sponsor and has to sign the I-864.

If your brother lives with your Mum in the US, he’s a household member (I-864A). If he’s married and files his taxes jointly with his wife, she’s a second household member too (I-864A).

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Jordanian Bride said:

Your mother is the primary sponsor and has to sign the I-864.

If your brother lives with your Mum in the US, he’s a household member (I-864A). If he’s married and files his taxes jointly with his wife, she’s a second household member too (I-864A).

Makes perfect sense. Thank you so much. Heard adding additional documents does not reset the clock. We will submit the I-864A of the wife too as soon as possible before our case is reviewed .

Thank you !

Edited by Ladee

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ladee said:

Makes perfect sense. Thank you so much. Heard adding additional documents does not reset the clock. We will submit the I-864A of the wife too as soon as possible before our case is reviewed .

Thank you !

Hope it works this time around, good luck!

Btw, additional documents sometimes DO restart the clock.

3 hours ago, Jordanian Bride said:

Hope it works this time around, good luck!

Btw, additional documents sometimes DO restart the clock.

From my experience when I added additional documents before they reviewed my case it didn’t reset my time. I submitted my documents on Aug 23. Submitted more docs on Aug 24, Sept 12 and Oct 15 and was DQ on Oct 19

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ctavarez90 said:

From my experience when I added additional documents before they reviewed my case it didn’t reset my time. I submitted my documents on Aug 23. Submitted more docs on Aug 24, Sept 12 and Oct 15 and was DQ on Oct 19

Wow that’s awesome. I’ve heard conflicting accounts, but thank you for sharing precise dates. No one knows how it works, because it doesn’t work the same way for everyone.

1 hour ago, Jordanian Bride said:

Wow that’s awesome. I’ve heard conflicting accounts, but thank you for sharing precise dates. No one knows how it works, because it doesn’t work the same way for everyone.

No problem! I was stressing because I didn’t know if it would reset my time but I kept hearing that it would not so I just kept praying that I would not. I had even resubmitted an i864 that my joint sponsor had made an error on (the first one he submitted he accidentally left off the last letter of my husbands first name) so we resubmitted another one on Sept 12. I thought for sure since that is a required doc that it would reset our time, but since we had already submitted one already it didn’t reset it at all. So if anyone is going through this then do not stress you will be fine!

Hi all.

Just wanted to update you all. Finally got DQ.

I-130 submission: 2 Feb 2022

I-130 approved: 24 April 2022

Submitted docs to NVC: 6 May 2022

RFE1: 18 July 2022 (Wrong AoS form submitted correct form same day)

RFE 2: 19 September 2022 (Previously accepted tax exemption letter was suddenly denied, taxes filed and tax document submitted 22 September)

DQ: 7 November 2022.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.