Steve & Erma

I-130 done, when do I start the I-864?

14 posts in this topic

Title says it all... When do I start the I-864? Do they tell you when to do it or do I just do it now? Can this be filed online as well, I can't seem to find it online only in PDF form?

Texas Service Center
Consulate: Manila
Marriage: 09/14/2022

I-130 Sent: 09/29/2022
I-130 NOA1: 10/14/2022 
I-129F Sent: 10/10/2022, REC 10/20/2022
I-129F NOA1: 10/25/2022

I-130 NOA2: 8/31/23

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Steve & Erma said:

Title says it all... When do I start the I-864? Do they tell you when to do it or do I just do it now? Can this be filed online as well, I can't seem to find it online only in PDF form?

Read 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-1-submit-a-petition/step-2-begin-nvc-processing.html

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Steve & Erma said:

In a year or so, once your I-130 is approved.  No point in doing it now but it's a good time to download one and it's instructions and start studying to become an A-Student of both.  Study first.  Ask questions about what you don't understand from your study.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

40 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

So I submitted my I-130 and paid the fee on 9/28. It shows received but I didn't get a welcome email, only a receipt for my payment. I go to the CEAC and it doesn't recognize my case so I can't pay the fee for the affidavit of support and if I am reading this all correct I would fill out and send it in after I pay the fee? Is that correct?

@pushbrk So all I do now is wait for them to proceed then? They will tell me when to move to the I-864? And yes I will download and read.

Texas Service Center

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Steve & Erma said:

So I submitted my I-130 and paid the fee on 9/28. It shows received but I didn't get a welcome email, only a receipt for my payment. I go to the CEAC and it doesn't recognize my case so I can't pay the fee for the affidavit of support and if I am reading this all correct I would fill out and send it in after I pay the fee? Is that correct?

@pushbrk So all I do now is wait for them to proceed then? They will tell me when to move to the I-864? And yes I will download and read.

You have 12 months until the I130 is approved. Only then does it get sent to the NVC.. read the first step on the link i sent .. I 130 application /approval 

18 minutes ago, Steve & Erma said:

. I go to the CEAC and it doesn't recognize my case

You skipped a few steps… so WAIT for approval ( or RFE)  from USCIS , followed by notice from NVC with “ case number “. Approximately one year. 

https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/consular-processing

Timeline
1 hour ago, Steve & Erma said:

CEAC is Dept. of State.  They are not involved until after USCIS approves your petition.  You need to do your homework during the next year so you understand the process and are ready.  You will not be completing any more forms for a year or more.  You wait and study.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

I should get an email in the next few days which would be my NOA1 showing they received it?

Then a year(ish) from now I will get my NOA2 which is when they have approved it?

Once I receive NOA2 then that would be the time to start the next set of paperwork?

Just trying to make sure I am understanding this.

Texas Service Center

Timeline
3 hours ago, Steve & Erma said:

I should get an email in the next few days which would be my NOA1 showing they received it?

Then a year(ish) from now I will get my NOA2 which is when they have approved it?

Once I receive NOA2 then that would be the time to start the next set of paperwork?

Yes, no more paperwork or forms until your petition is approved about a year from now.  You DO have a lot of homework to do to prepare for that time though.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

3 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Yes, no more paperwork or forms until your petition is approved about a year from now.  You DO have a lot of homework to do to prepare for that time though.

@pushbrk I am reading instructions but it doesn't always click with me 100% and that is why I was stating the above to make sure I understood it correctly. Thank you as always for your help.

Texas Service Center

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Steve & Erma said:

@pushbrk I am reading instructions but it doesn't always click with me 100% and that is why I was stating the above to make sure I understood it correctly. Thank you as always for your help.

Great.  Now you have plenty of time to become an A-Student of the I-864 and it's comprehensive instructions.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
12 hours ago, Steve & Erma said:

Still missing a step

NOA1 USCIS received the petition

NOA2 it is sent to NVC (probably email)

email from NVC with your case #  this is the step u missed

u then will have 2 fees to pay AOS and DS 260 and only when the payment says its paid can you fill out the I 864 for the AOS

pushbrk says to read the guides and learn

this process is not fast or cheap

while u wait visit with your spouse and have a honeymoon period /quit worrying about immigration as that will drive u nuts

Do they send an email for the NOA1 or am I going to get a letter from them?

When I login to my account the status says they "sent you a receipt notice or acceptance notice" but I didn't get an email other than the receipt for my payment. It also states 10 months is the estimated processing time with the note it could be shorter or longer.

Texas Service Center

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.