Sarge2155

I-751 October 2022 - Filers

341 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
21 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Not even biometrics reuse? YSC is slow compared to WAC. 48 month extension letters are being sent for a reason unfortunately...

Nope! No update since the first NOA received 1 week later, and now the 48th month extension letter.

My daughter who applied under my ROC, got hers reused, but nothing about mine...

YSC is the slowest, for now processing times show 26.5 months.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Extension noticed letter received today for 48 months, previous one stated 24 months…

im seeing lots of this extensions letters on the group. Anyone knows when or what is the next step ? I guess filling N400 upcoming September when i become eligible? 

16 minutes ago, DE2020 said:

Anyone knows when or what is the next step ? I guess filling N400 upcoming September when i become eligible? 

Three options:

1) Wait until I-751 is approved to apply for N-400

2) Wait until I-751 is approved and keep living as LPR

3) File for N-400 when you become eligible, even if I-751 is pending.

The choice is yours!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2023 at 1:00 PM, OldUser said:

Three options:

1) Wait until I-751 is approved to apply for N-400

2) Wait until I-751 is approved and keep living as LPR

3) File for N-400 when you become eligible, even if I-751 is pending.

The choice is yours!

I see that most of people apply for a citizenship when eligible and gettting their I-751 form approved on the day of their citizensip interview. There is no reason to wait until removing of conditions is approved.;)

Edited by Nastya_7smile

26 minutes ago, Nastya_7smile said:

I see that most of people apply for a citizenship when eligible and gettting their I-751 form approved on the day of their citizensip interview. There is no reason to wait until removing of conditions is approved.;)

@OldUser options are correct.

Now, while most people do get their I-751 and N-400 approved the same day via a combo interview, there are plenty of cases that do not.  So, there could be several reasons why people would choose to wait for the I-751 to be approved or be closer to the estimated date before N400.  Just the other day I saw a post on VJ (which of course I can't find it) where the N400 was waiting close to or over a year BECAUSE the I-751 had not been approved yet.  There are plenty that just get conditionally approved until the I-751 is approved which can take weeks, months, years.

Take our case for example, we are in death row Potomac.  We  are eligible to apply in September 2023.  Will we do it exactly at that time?  Probably not.  Why?  Well, we haven't even heard on biometrics so the chances of the I-751 be "shaken loose" by the N-400 is minimal compared to other cases at other service centers or even Potomac.

Again, yes, all three options OldUser shared are accurate and the choice will depend on the person's preference and where their case is at - in additional to their overall priorities of course.

I respect those that are applying for N400 immediately, but I also get those of us that just don't see the point because you can tell we are going to be stuck anyways and we might use that $800 for other needs at this time.

Another word of advice, users like you and @DE2020 are going to be approved faster than others within this thread and other threads because of your originating countries.  They are giving priority to countries like Venezuela and Ukraine because of the turmoil, which I get.  However, it will not yield a realistic estimate or window to the others that do not fall within those countries that filed around the same time you did.

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

On 4/20/2023 at 10:27 AM, Fe.Ta said:

we might use that $800 for other needs at this time.

I agree with all your points but the administration can always change fees for N400. So one day it $800 next it is $1500 and so on. It usually depends which party is in power but the trend is mostly prices going up than down.

Now, while most people do get their I-751 and N-400 approved the same day via a combo interview, there are plenty of cases that do not.  So, there could be several reasons why people would choose to wait for the I-751 to be approved or be closer to the estimated date before N400.  Just the other day I saw a post on VJ (which of course I can't find it) where the N400 was waiting close to or over a year BECAUSE the I-751 had not been approved yet.  There are plenty that just get conditionally approved until the I-751 is approved which can take weeks, months, years.

Take our case for example, we are in death row Potomac.  We  are eligible to apply in September 2023.  Will we do it exactly at that time?  Probably not.  Why?  Well, we haven't even heard on biometrics so the chances of the I-751 be "shaken loose" by the N-400 is minimal compared to other cases at other service centers or even Potomac.

Again, yes, all three options OldUser shared are accurate and the choice will depend on the person's preference and where their case is at - in additional to their overall priorities of course.

I respect those that are applying for N400 immediately, but I also get those of us that just don't see the point because you can tell we are going to be stuck anyways and we might use that $800 for other needs at this time.

Another word of advice, users like you and @DE2020 are going to be approved faster than others within this thread and other threads because of your originating countries.  They are giving priority to countries like Venezuela and Ukraine because of the turmoil, which I get.  However, it will not yield a realistic estimate or window to the others that do not fall within those countries that filed around the same time you did.

I don't think countries are relevant for I751 or N400. I485 or Asylum cases are different but if you actually think they spend more than a few hours on each case (at most) then you probably don't know how a govt agency works. I think I751 just sit collecting dust until someone opens them to USCIS we are all LPR and there is no sense of urgency to look into our cases or even find the originating country. This info becomes relavant after they start looking at our case and at that point its either approved, RFE or denial.

When you apply for N400 the local office has juristiction and potomac is irrelavant. I also have been assigned to YSC so I do feel your pain but I don't think N400+Being at Potomac is any worse than N400+Other service centers. But I can also be wrong, just like I was wrong about risk based approach increasing the speed.

4 hours ago, A110 said:

When you apply for N400 the local office has juristiction and potomac is irrelavant. I also have been assigned to YSC so I do feel your pain but I don't think N400+Being at Potomac is any worse than N400+Other service centers. But I can also be wrong, just like I was wrong about risk based approach increasing the speed.

Your N400 cannot be fully approved without an approved I751.  Thus, Potomac IS irrelevant.

Some cases have their I751 transferred properly from the service to the field office so they can have a combo interview when you are at the local field office.  Hence, the field office would have jurisdiction over both at the time of the interview.  However, there are cases where by the time the N400 interview comes around the FO does not have the file for I751 nor an approval from the service center.  Thus, the FO has jurisdiction over the N400 but the SC still has jurisdiction over the I751.  In which case, the N400 cannot get fully approved until the FO goes back and requests the I751 to be transferred for approval (and have jurisdiction).  This is why sometimes a case could still get stuck depending on the combination of which FO and which SC is yours.  Not one is like the other.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

4 hours ago, A110 said:

I don't think countries are relevant for I751 or N400. I485 or Asylum cases are different but if you actually think they spend more than a few hours on each case (at most) then you probably don't know how a govt agency works. I think I751 just sit collecting dust until someone opens them to USCIS we are all LPR and there is no sense of urgency to look into our cases or even find the originating country. This info becomes relavant after they start looking at our case and at that point its either approved, RFE or denial.

Technically, the countries should not be relevant for the I751 and the N400, since the whole country-based approach is to provide status for those that are out of status.

However, I made that point because I have seen cases in VJ where there have been 10-yr GCs that have been approved within a month (or a few months) of submission and they are from those countries.  This leads me to believe that there are officers that are either not well trained, ignorant, or lazy to differentiate when the rule is applicable or not.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

2 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

Your N400 cannot be fully approved without an approved I751.  Thus, Potomac IS irrelevant.

Some cases have their I751 transferred properly from the service to the field office so they can have a combo interview when you are at the local field office.  Hence, the field office would have jurisdiction over both at the time of the interview.  However, there are cases where by the time the N400 interview comes around the FO does not have the file for I751 nor an approval from the service center.  Thus, the FO has jurisdiction over the N400 but the SC still has jurisdiction over the I751.  In which case, the N400 cannot get fully approved until the FO goes back and requests the I751 to be transferred for approval (and have jurisdiction).  This is why sometimes a case could still get stuck depending on the combination of which FO and which SC is yours.  Not one is like the other.

I meant to say "IS NOT irrelevant".

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

• 2 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.