Sarge2155

I-751 October 2022 - Filers

341 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Sometimes I-751 is stuck on some irrelevant status even after naturalization. Many officer don't bother clicking the forms to update online status for it.

Thank you for letting me know. I read in some forums that there were people with "Oath ceremony will be scheduled" for months. Apparently it still means that the case is being reviewed. Only once it changes to Oath ceremony notice has been mailed, I can breathe freely :)

34 minutes ago, NGorge said:

Thank you for letting me know. I read in some forums that there were people with "Oath ceremony will be scheduled" for months. Apparently it still means that the case is being reviewed. Only once it changes to Oath ceremony notice has been mailed, I can breathe freely :)

Technically, you can only breath freely after oath and naturalization certificate in hand

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Today my case update is to 'Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction', when yesterday the website showed ' Your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, was transferred to another office for processing.'
I get my N400 interview next Thursday, so I guess they transfer my pending ROC to the local office.

Edited by He and I

2 minutes ago, He and I said:

Today my case update is to 'Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction', when yesterday the website showed ' Your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, was transferred to another office for processing.'
I get my N400 interview next Thursday, so I guess they transfer my pending ROC to the local office.

Yes, seems like it. Prepare for combo interview and bring spouse.

Timeline
1 minute ago, OldUser said:

Yes, seems like it. Prepare for combo interview and bring spouse.

And forget to tell that they called me yesterday morning (miss the call while I was working/showed as 'likely a scam'). They let a voicemail to ask to bring my husband with me.
My daughter, 20yo, is on my pending ROC, and her case has been updated yesterday too, as ' Case Transferred To Another Office'. So definitely, it will a family trip!

4 minutes ago, He and I said:

And forget to tell that they called me yesterday morning (miss the call while I was working/showed as 'likely a scam'). They let a voicemail to ask to bring my husband with me.
My daughter, 20yo, is on my pending ROC, and her case has been updated yesterday too, as ' Case Transferred To Another Office'. So definitely, it will a family trip!

Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
15 hours ago, He and I said:

All the best with your interview!

Timeline

Quick follow up on my last post.
Got my N400 citizenship this morning + ROC for my daughter.
Super nice immigration officer.
Got 6 questions and few questions about my mariage. Got approved, and will have the oath next week.
Good luck for everyone!

Timeline
12 minutes ago, He and I said:

Quick follow up on my last post.
Got my N400 citizenship this morning + ROC for my daughter.
Super nice immigration officer.
Got 6 questions and few questions about my mariage. Got approved, and will have the oath next week.
Good luck for everyone!

Yeahhhh 🎉🎉👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼congrats!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 1/14/2024 at 7:26 PM, Stacey Ann said:

Mailed our I751 packet on 10/27/22 via FedEx. 

Delivered to Elgin 11/01/22

Text received 11/04/22 MSC

Biometrics Appt. received 11/19/22 NBC

Biometrics taken 12/02/22

03/08/23 Rec'd updated receipt with 48 month extension

Submitted N400 App 10-31-23, rec'd interview appt letter on 01-04-24, for interview on 02-07-24

Attended Citizenship interview w/spouse (I751 was still pending, no letter sent with application requesting combo interview). Spouse was asked to wait outside.

1st question officer asked was if spouse was available if needed.

Took oath, asked to verify my name and birthday.

Civics Questions:

Which state borders Canada?

Name 1 part of the government.

Who lived in the US before the Europeans?

What did the Declaration of Indepedence do?

What was Benjamin Franklin known for?

Name 1 part of US Congress.

Reading/writing: Columbus Day is in October.

Asked a few questions about spouse and family also:

Bday?

How we met?

Work?

Any kids?

Family close by?

Have we traveled outside the US? If so, where?

Are parents US citizens?

I passed and was approved! I-75I case updated (shows new card is being produced) and I was told if I receive a green card to mail it back. Waited an hour for Citizenship Ceremony and am now officially a US Citizen!!!

Good luck to everyone on this journey.

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Similar update from me. Had the combo interview on 3/18/24 at Charlotte, NC office.

The officer started with 751 and few questions about our daughter since she was born after 751 was submitted but before N400, so just to reconcile the difference.

Civics test and the standard questions about citizenship.

The only hiccup in my case, if it was a hiccup which legally it is not, was that I was in US when I was 24 years old but on F1 and then H1 visa until I was 31 years old but I was not registered for SSB. This information was not asked on either 751. N400 only asked whether I was legal permanent resident before 26.

But officer asked me “if I was in US before age of 26”, so had to explain my answer and my history in US and it took around 10 minutes for the officer to pull the information from my previous visas (due to computer system being super slow or network issue) but noted it as an amendment to the form and mentioned that I was not a “resident” (non immigrant until 31) and hence did not qualify or register for SSB.

Officer did mention that both 751 and 400 was approved and congratulated me. I was hoping for an oath ceremony in the same day :) but no luck in that part. I think due to the amendment it is going to go for another review, don’t know how long that takes.

751 is showing online that the case was approved. And 400 shows Oath ceremony will be schedule. I found some article on our local district court website that the next ceremony will be held in May, hope I get slotted for that and not in limbo for months.

P.s. Not that it matters but if someone has a similar situation. On my F1 visa I had a different USCIS number but after my I130-485 after marriage I somehow got a different USCIS number. So the F1, H1 and green card never linked directly and that is probably why officer needed my info to be pulled using biometrics/name+dob. The officer did mention that this is nothing to worry, and my 400 is now linked to my previous USCIS number 😛 Long story short, bugs in the system.

1 hour ago, Ar77668 said:

But officer asked me “if I was in US before age of 26”, so had to explain my answer and my history in US and it took around 10 minutes for the officer to pull the information from my previous visas (due to computer system being super slow or network issue) but noted it as an amendment to the form and mentioned that I was not a “resident” (non immigrant until 31) and hence did not qualify or register for SSB.

Why did you have to go for 10 minutes explaining? Did officer keep asking questions? I imagine conversation could go like this:

- Were you in the US before age of 26?

- Yes

- What status were you in?

- F-1 student

- Studying what?

- Mechanical engineering

- OK (typing something on computer).

Did you start telling the story? Were you asked to tell the story? Sometimes telling too much without being asked can hurt the approval. I'm glad everything worked out in the end.

Edited by OldUser

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.