Sarge2155

I-751 October 2022 - Filers

341 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Last Tuesday, my daughter, 19, received the waiver for the biometrics... still waiting for mine... Really, I don't understand how YSC works. Her I751 is linked to mine as dependent. So how could it be possible that they don't process things at the same time? 

I am getting really stressed about it.

On 10/17/2022 at 8:15 PM, Alv said:

Hello Everyone,

Joining the October 2022 filers:

Submitted documentation via Fedex: 10/5/2022

Credit card charged: 10/7/2022

NOA-1, 24 month extension letter received: 10/17/2022

Receipt number starts with MSC - MSC – National Benefits Center

Don't know if this the office that is processing our case or if this the generic receipt numbers, couldn't find another processing center on the letter or online for our case. Good luck to everyone.

We have a similar timeline. Is it true that they could use the previous biometric.

53 minutes ago, GeeRaf said:

We have a similar timeline. Is it true that they could use the previous biometric.

No guarentees but the odds are good depending on when the last biometrics was done!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

23 minutes ago, Regdkp said:

Anyone who sent the package to Elgin, IL ? How long is the wait time before any NOA

Varies from my experience. I have seen people receive their NOA and even finger prints while I am still waiting on my NOA. Package received on 14th. Got text update with MSC receipt number on 27th. Still waiting official receipt by mail. :(

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
5 minutes ago, NGorge said:

Varies from my experience. I have seen people receive their NOA and even finger prints while I am still waiting on my NOA. Package received on 14th. Got text update with MSC receipt number on 27th. Still waiting official receipt by mail. :(

Wow. I think I need to be more patient. Mine got delivered yesterday, by UPS. I guess, unless a good thing happens, like some kind of notification, I should just wait . Thanks for your reply.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 10/19/2022 at 4:10 PM, He and I said:

Totally agree! And getting ready for a long long waiting period...

@He and I Per USCIS the e-notification service is only available for forms filed at our three Lockbox facilities located in Lewisville, Texas; Chicago, Illinois; and Phoenix, Arizona. Does this exclude Elgin?

Timeline
On 10/26/2022 at 10:37 PM, skyline385 said:

Sent on 10/18 through USPS Next-Day Priority Express, delivered to Illinois Lockbox on 10/19.

Got a receipt number through email/SMS on 10/24 and myUSCIS shows as "Case Was Received" on Oct. 21, still awaiting physical copy of receipt.

Does this mean that my case was accepted or will they be another update in my case history for it?

@skyline385 how do you track your case on myuscis?

Timeline

Mailed our I751 packet on 10/27/22 via FedEx. 

Delivered to Elgin 11/01/22

Awaiting text/email confirmation...

Though I read on USCIS the following:

• This service is only available for forms filed at our three Lockbox facilities located in Lewisville, Texas; Chicago, Illinois; and Phoenix, Arizona.

1. Does this mean Elgin filers won't receive the e-notification?

2. I saw a few others on this thread stating they tracked their case or saw updates on "myuscis". How can I see our case status? Do I need the receipt # from the approval notice first?

Thanks and all the best everyone.

2 hours ago, Regdkp said:

Anyone who sent the package to Elgin, IL ? How long is the wait time before any NOA

Just filed in Elgin on 10/27 delivered 11/01. Any updates on your end?

11 minutes ago, Stacey Ann said:

• This service is only available for forms filed at our three Lockbox facilities located in Lewisville, Texas; Chicago, Illinois; and Phoenix, Arizona.

2. I saw a few others on this thread stating they tracked their case or saw updates on "myuscis". How can I see our case status? Do I need the receipt # from the approval notice first?

I believe that Elgin Lockbox is the Illinois one. 

I got a text notification showing my receipt number after 13 days though others have received sooner. 

Once you receive receipt number, you can track via USCIS case status. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, NGorge said:

I believe that Elgin Lockbox is the Illinois one. 

I got a text notification showing my receipt number after 13 days though others have received sooner. 

Once you receive receipt number, you can track via USCIS case status. 

@NGeorge thank you for responding, waiting and being patient is the most agonizing part 😬

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, Stacey Ann said:

We shipped it on the 10/28.Our package delivered on the 11/01 via UPS. No updates since then. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.