xcowwyx

Small mistake on I-129f package, what to do?

50 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
1 minute ago, xcowwyx said:

I feel the same way, I’m the beneficiary but I feel so guilty for making that mistake. I feel like I messed up our whole visa application and I’m just having a hard time trying to figure out what’s the best thing to do. Since I don’t want to wake up a sleeping dog but I also rather not get an RFE. And if we get an RFE I will just blame it on myself and that I caused a delay in us getting married/living together. But I heard an RFE this time now takes max like 3 months, on top of an already 13,5 month waiting time for the first step would be a blow to the face. 

Tough talk ahead:

It's your fiancé's mistake because the petitioner owns the I-129F, and so he is responsible for its content.

And since it is your fiance's petition, if he doesn't want to submit unsolicited information, then that's all there is to it. You've no standing in this case.

Timeline
Just now, xcowwyx said:

Oh yeah I’ve added my I-94 and copy of my Dutch Passport too. We have only met 2 times in the usa so far since before that it was just a 1,5 hour train ride and we’d be together. 
I have my fingers crossed that your package gets a fast approval and that everything goes well for you both!💗

OMG wishing you all the luck in the world too! We are almost neighbours lol

When exactly did you file?

1 minute ago, Mike E said:

Tough talk ahead:

It's your fiancé's mistake because the petitioner owns the I-129F, and so he is responsible for its content.

And since it is your fiance's petition, if he doesn't want to submit unsolicited information, then that's all there is to it. You've no standing in this case.

He checked it afterwards and sadly didn’t see the mistakes either. We triple, quadruple checked everything and overlooked those two date mistakes. 
I understand that it’s his petition and he’s responsible which I know, I just feel bad since I helped putting everything together with the pictures and getting his court documents and all the documents he needed from me. I tried helping and I made a mistake which I know he’s responsible for, luckily it wasn’t a huge mistake but I still feel guilty nonetheless. 

12 minutes ago, FilledesEtoiles said:

OMG wishing you all the luck in the world too! We are almost neighbours lol

When exactly did you file?

We filed it may 8, 2022 and receive date is 12 may, 2022. So we’ve only been in processing time for a little over 4,5 months. 

when are you guys expecting to move in together and get married? 
we are hoping for end 2023, beginning 2024. Broadly taken (hopefully😅)

Edited by xcowwyx

Timeline
14 minutes ago, xcowwyx said:

We filed it may 8, 2022 and receive date is 12 may, 2022. So we’ve only been in processing time for a little over 4,5 months. 

when are you guys expecting to move in together and get married? 
we are hoping for end 2023, beginning 2024. Broadly taken (hopefully😅)

We filed end of March and received NOA1 on 1 April

I am praying that we can get married next July/August/September

I am also praying they speed up with their new 6 month processing time targets by end of September 23 

I will move in straight after getting the visa, so if that is September 23, it will be September, but hopefully over the Summer somewhere, if processing times start to go down, even just a little .... 

5 minutes ago, FilledesEtoiles said:

We filed end of March and received NOA1 on 1 April

I am praying that we can get married next July/August/September

I am also praying they speed up with their new 6 month processing time targets by end of September 23 

I will move in straight after getting the visa, so if that is September 23, it will be September, but hopefully over the Summer somewhere, if processing times start to go down, even just a little .... 

that’s cool! We should get the approval of the I-129f by beginning of July and then hopefully it will only take 2-3 months to get the visa in my hands. 
im going to move straight in too when I get the visa, so I’m hoping for like October/November/December. But I like to broadly take everything in case of an RFE or a delay or whatever it would be so I won’t disappoint myself. So I’ve said as long as it’s before summer 2024 when I turn 22, then I’m more than happy. 
it would be absolutely lovely to be able to spend Christmas in 2023 together in our house, newly married and everything. That be the best Christmas gift 

although that means the whole process would’ve taken longer 2 years and 2 months so hopefully it won’t take that long but you never know. 

I rather not fixate on a date to keep myself from disappointment. As long as we end up being able to get married and live together then I’ll be happy. 

Edited by xcowwyx

Timeline
1 minute ago, xcowwyx said:

that’s cool! We should get the approval of the I-129f by beginning of July and then hopefully it will only take 2-3 months to get the visa in my hands. 
im going to move straight in too when I get the visa, so I’m hoping for like October/November/December. But I like to broadly take everything in case of an RFE or a delay or whatever it would be so I won’t disappoint myself. So I’ve said as long as it’s before summer 2024 when I turn 22, then I’m more than happy. 
it would be absolutely lovely to be able to spend Christmas in 2023 together in our house, newly married and everything. That be the best Christmas gift 

although that means the whole process would’ve taken longer 2 years and 2 months so hopefully it won’t take that long but you never know. 

I rather not fixate on a date to keep myself from disappointment. As long as we end up being able to get married and live together then I’ll be happy. 

Sending you a message in the PM section

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

You’re overthinking this.

If there is one thing I learned in this whole immigration process during my (almost 4 years) in it is that there is absolutely no point in checking your package after you’ve sent it. You’re adding stress to an already stressful process. There is nothing you can do at this point, because apparently, submitting it now might delay the process and, by the way you write, you’re going to stress about that once you send it.

No, getting an RFE is not being doomed!!! In the big scheme of things, an RFE is just a bump in the road. We got one, responded to it about five days later, and got approved for our gc in six months. And now I am soon to file for naturalization, I have forgiven myself and live a happy life. It wasn’t the end of it for me. 
So for now, try to focus on something else, let the petition run its course, and worry only if they RFE you… Worrying about what might happen is completely useless. Additionally, this is your first dealing with USCIS. You guys will have at least one or two more, so learn how to control your anxiety.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

1 minute ago, Rocio0010 said:

You’re overthinking this.

If there is one thing I learned in this whole immigration process during my (almost 4 years) in it is that there is absolutely no point in checking your package after you’ve sent it. You’re adding stress to an already stressful process. There is nothing you can do at this point, because apparently, submitting it now might delay the process and, by the way you write, you’re going to stress about that once you send it.

No, getting an RFE is not being doomed!!! In the big scheme of things, an RFE is just a bump in the road. We got one, responded to it about five days later, and got approved for our gc in six months. And now I am soon to file for naturalization, I have forgiven myself and live a happy life. It wasn’t the end of it for me. 
So for now, try to focus on something else, let the petition run its course, and worry only if they RFE you… Worrying about what might happen is completely useless. Additionally, this is your first dealing with USCIS. You guys will have at least one or two more, so learn how to control your anxiety.

Thank you for the message. I appreciate it a lot, I know I should think like that and I try to but sometimes my anxiety gets the best of me. I have been doing pretty good at not worrying about it too much after we sent the package in may but got anxious again about the same thing I stressed about in may when we sent it😅
you’re right, it’s not the end of the world. It’s a little bump on the road. It’s just scary, especially since it’s the first time dealing with USCIS, I don’t really know what to expect and what they all sent RFE’s for and deny petitions. 

I just pray to god they at least won’t deny it and at least give us the benefit to sent an RFE
but I don’t really see a reason for them to deny it, only the RFE I do see. But I mean you never know.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

There won't be a denial and most likely not even a RFE. You sent passport stamps and boarding passes that show the dates of when you traveled. They won't give you a hard time because you had a typo in your letter. 

You can bring his OCONUS orders to your interview in case they question you about the relationship and evidence for y'all being together during that time ( not everyone is that lucky to see their SO that often ) but they most likely won't. Even tho military doesn't get a special treatment in general for immigration, USCIS and the embassy IO's are used to military relationships and at least from my experience understanding of the hurdles that come with it. I hadn't seen my now husband for a year at the time of my interview cause he was deployed and the IO told me she's sorry that it had been so long. I guess not everyone hears that.

Edited by Letspaintcookies

2 hours ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Those boarding passes only confirmed the November date where we went to the usa and our recent meeting before we sent our file in. 
sadly it does not refer to our first time meeting in our relationship with the March/may part. But as others said if I get an RFE I have plenty of proof to back up which date is correct and pictures to show. Which I will all be bringing to the interview. My fiancé is on deployment now too, so I know how you feel. Luckily you guys get to be together more often now!! 
thank you for your advice, I just pray for no denial. But I’ve seen they only really deny it if there’s like a lot missing or really important information missing, else they just normally sent an RFE right? 

so you don’t think ill be receiving a denial? At most an RFE

2 hours ago, Letspaintcookies said:

There won't be a denial and most likely not even a RFE. You sent passport stamps and boarding passes that show the dates of when you traveled. They won't give you a hard time because you had a typo in your letter. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, xcowwyx said:

so you don’t think ill be receiving a denial? At most an RFE

To fulfill the requirements for the I-129f you have to meet once in the two years before filing. You've send evidence of that so you're good. There'll be no denial over something like that. At least you now learned that it only brings problems to volunteer information that wasn't asked for. Don't do it again 😁

1 minute ago, Letspaintcookies said:

To fulfill the requirements for the I-129f you have to meet once in the two years before filing. You've send evidence of that so you're good. There'll be no denial over something like that. At least you now learned that it only brings problems to volunteer information that wasn't asked for. Don't do it again 😁

Very true😅. Just thought it would make our case stronger but me and my fiancé can’t read I guess cuz we looked over the mistake like 5 times, the whole process is just so nerve wrecking and especially now with everything having a long processing time it’d be 10x worse getting it denied after waiting over a year. But I have my fingers crossed. 

so you say not to inter file either and just leave my package like that and wait for a approval/RFE/denial? 

Timeline
25 minutes ago, xcowwyx said:

Very true😅. Just thought it would make our case stronger but me and my fiancé can’t read I guess cuz we looked over the mistake like 5 times, the whole process is just so nerve wrecking and especially now with everything having a long processing time it’d be 10x worse getting it denied after waiting over a year. But I have my fingers crossed. 

so you say not to inter file either and just leave my package like that and wait for a approval/RFE/denial? 

Like others said before, your little mistake doesn't warrant it but would probably only complicate your case. There'll be no denial because of that.

3 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Like others said before, your little mistake doesn't warrant it but would probably only complicate your case. There'll be no denial because of that.

Okay thank you. I will leave it as is then. 

One more question I, the beneficiary signed the additional information/documentation proof too on our I-129f package. My usc fiancé signed the I-129f papers and the rest, I only signed the rest. I knew it wasn’t necessary but I wanted to be sure. Would this be a problem? I suppose not?

Edited by xcowwyx

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.