HorsePanic

3 week vacation but staying with friends?, esta approved but anxious it’s not enough.

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, HorsePanic said:

The headphones I wear for sensory reasons have cat ears on them and they’re silver, I’m autistic and it’s already obvious, I have to carry a plushy for mental support- but I wouldn’t wear a heavy chain goth look on the plane for comfort reasons but my suitcase would certainly be packed with my clothes I want to wear out there- on the plane I’m probably basic black t, with jeans, my doc martens and my hoodie and the blue costume jacket I have to carry if I’m not sure it will fit in my case. (I’m a Cosplayer and the entire point of going is to vacation over Halloween)

in ref to your other post too, I’m taking my new iPad but there’s not much of anything on there other than a million pictures of my cat..my chat app is my main way of communicating with my friend I’m going to stay with but I wouldn’t really need it I suppose until I’d got past the border I could just reinstall it and I do have his phone number. Do need a new cheap phone though as my screen is broken on my old one and it’s getting harder and harder to see 😂 but the lolly or thing to suck on is a good suggestion, if I can be allowed anything like that, it might be calming too.

Your travel clothes sound perfect !!!!!! Youve got great ideas .. great understanding of “you”and what you need !! Im 67 and my travel clothing is basic black with a hoodie !  Go for it !! If you were traveling close to Halloween you would probably not be the only one in “costume”.  You've got this!! even when it doesn't feel like it .. Im shouting out .. youve got this !! Hope you can hear it !! Smile … 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁 !!!! 

I think you have every right to be worried.

You have minimal ties to the UK, 1 day a week job is no tie and you have finished studying. You also did not buy the flight yourself and admit you are going to do this trip on a low budget.. these are all red flags.

Add the fact it's your first time to the USA, and you are meeting someone for the first time I believe, that you met online..

Even though it's not a requirement, in your specific case I definitely would get some sort of letter or invitation from this person maybe even a copy of their passport, in case questioned by CBP.

Otherwise don't be surprised if you get refused entry.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
10 hours ago, MaxP22 said:

Even though it's not a requirement, in your specific case I definitely would get some sort of letter or invitation from this person maybe even a copy of their passport, in case questioned by CBP.

Exactly what is the benefit of doing this?  These actions would not help establish ties to the UK.  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

for the silver in headphones ,  do as my son does

he has had 9 back surgeries  and has plates and nuts and bolts in his spine,

he hands a note to the inspection team asking them to use a wand instead of going thru xray  machine 

your phone is not checked unless CBP suspects u will pass of contraband to someone in USA

the following tells how many electronic devices they checked in 2021

CBP conducted roughly 37,000 searches of travelers’ devices in the 12 months ending in October 2021, according to agency data, and more than 179 million people traveled that year through U.S. ports of entry.

goth does not mean you are a threat to anyone / its a style 

relax

and BTW  never is a letter of invitation needed 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.