Bee2Cee3

Valid Expedite Request?

7 posts in this topic

I am USC. I submitted I-130 petition for my wife in March. It has been under active review since June.  She lives in Iran. 

Would it be worth submitting an expedite request for our case given the current civil unrest, protests, violence/brutality from police, and nation-wide Internet blackout?

Do I have anything to lose if it is denied? I dont want to further delay our case. 

Thank You

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Nothing to lose, but most unlikely to succeed.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

7 minutes ago, Bee2Cee3 said:

Would it be worth submitting an expedite request for our case given the current civil unrest, protests, violence/brutality from police, and nation-wide Internet blackout?

Do I have anything to lose if it is denied? I dont want to further delay our case. 

No harm in trying.  Even if the expedite request is denied, it will not negatively impact the case.  That said, set your expectations low that the expedite will be approved.  The expedite criteria generally apply to hardship to the US citizen, not to the foreign beneficiary.  If you are going to request due to humanitarian reasons on the basis of danger to the beneficiary, you will likely be asked for proof that your beneficiary is in more danger than all the other beneficiaries from Iran also awaiting petition approval.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Expedites are usually because of issues the USC has

there is civil unrest,  famine,  volanoes,  flooding and war in so many countries 

The data, covering seven years, shows that the last quarter saw more countries witness an increase in risks from civil unrest than at any time since the Index was released. Out of 198 countries, 101 saw an increase in risk, compared with only 42 where the risk decreased.Sep 1, 2022

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
On 9/22/2022 at 1:08 PM, Bee2Cee3 said:

I am USC. I submitted I-130 petition for my wife in March. It has been under active review since June.  She lives in Iran. 

Thank You

Bump,

Because I am also going through the same thing and would like to know. It sucks because my fiance is also an avid atheist living in Iran and does not like to be under such an Islamic regime

Edited by Inveigh

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Inveigh said:

Bump,

Because I am also going through the same thing and would like to know. It sucks because my fiance is also an avid atheist living in Iran and does not like to be under such an Islamic regime

Your bump is not going to change any of the previous answers.  I'll add that all expedite requests are "valid".  They are still requests, so their validity has little to do with whether they will be approved.  US Immigration officials don't really consider wants and likes in this context.  NOBODY likes separation.  NOBODY wants to WAIT.  If wants and likes were considered everybody would be expedited, resulting in NOBODY being expedited.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A post has been removed, and administrative action applied, for violation of this provision of the site's Terms of Service:

Make comments in a Post either direct or implied toward another member that are purposely designed to upset, antagonize, make fun of, belittle, harass, insult, or otherwise instigate an argument that takes away from the personal enjoyment of the Service by other users.

See http://www.visajourney.com/content/terms for the Terms of Service.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.