2,974 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Ozy7 said:

Can we get driver license w extended slip? How does it look like? My driver license will be expire nov 10 and ead expires on Nov 10. Applied renewal on June and still nothing

I don't have an extension slip. HR found a clause that extended my EAD. I don't even know what the clause is. Tbh, I don't care for the details, just thankful to legally have a job. My license is expired. I'm currently Uber-ing. A small price to pay..

On 9/21/2023 at 11:07 AM, Family said:

The judge admin closed your case to give you a chance to get the I-360 approved. Once that got approved a motion to re calendar/ terminate is necessary to pit case back ob docket and get in front of judge .

The I-485 renewal noted just tells me you had already applied for adjustment w your abuser spouse ( I -130/I-485) before being placed in removal …and that I-485 is currently on hold w USCIS ( in abeyance ) until removal is terminated. ..so you won’t even need to file a new one..just update anything needed ( ex new medical and I-864 W) usually via an RFE they send after they get copy of termination.

So get your motion filed w the court asap 

Finally my attorney will file motion to re calendar in this week but I also inquired with senator and today senator office emailed me that my case currently at the local field office and it has not been reached a decision it is just under review. 

7 minutes ago, Hope21 said:

Finally my attorney will file motion to re calendar in this week but I also inquired with senator and today senator office emailed me that my case currently at the local field office and it has not been reached a decision it is just under review. 

The I-485 once revealed will be put on “ hold “ and they will say jurisdiction is w EOIR ( court ) . 

Good to hear atty is finally filing w court   

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello Family

@Sandra G. @Pinkrlion @Stillwinning!!!😊 @Priya25 @Ozy7 @Braveheart123 @J2020 @Fast & Furious 

My situation is a little different here.

1.  Initially filled I130, I131, I485, I765 on December 2019

2. Got an interview for I485 in March 2021

3. Filled I360 December 2020

4. Went on Interview and requested Visa Officer to hold my I485 until the decision is pending for I360

5. I360 was Approved on August 2023 and an approval notice was sent in the mail by USCIS.

The question here is how my I485 will be processed in this situation. Do I have to contact USCIS and provide them with an I360 approval notice?  or USCIS will process itself?

As of now, there is no update on my I485 application. I am not sure how it works. If you can light my way with some of your guidance.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
43 minutes ago, FirstTimer said:

Hello Family

@Sandra G. @Pinkrlion @Stillwinning!!!😊 @Priya25 @Ozy7 @Braveheart123 @J2020 @Fast & Furious 

4. Went on Interview and requested Visa Officer to hold my I485 until the decision is pending for I360

5. I360 was Approved on August 2023 and an approval notice was sent in the mail by USCIS.

The question here is how my I485 will be processed in this situation. Do I have to contact USCIS and provide them with an I360 approval notice?  or USCIS will process itself?

As of now, there is no update on my I485 application. I am not sure how it works. If you can light my way with some of your guidance.

It a good question if please check online if the I-485 is still pending you can request the field office to take up that I-485 and they can scheduled for the interview if the I-485 is dismissed or withdrawn then you can always file a new I-485.

one important suggestion is that you can involve your congressman and senator in the matter this will define help you and you will get a official reply from USCIS in this way

On 10/16/2023 at 3:24 PM, Ozy7 said:

Can we get driver license w extended slip? How does it look like? My driver license will be expire nov 10 and ead expires on Nov 10. Applied renewal on June and still nothing

EAD C9 getting 540 days auto renewal and which means you can still leagally work for 540 days from date of expiry of your EAD. regarding the drivers licence renewal i am lil skeptical, i have not seen them granting licence on receipt but no harm in trying

Edited by Priya25

1 hour ago, FirstTimer said:

Hello Family

Usually USCIS process by itself. You do not need to do anything. 

However each case is different. I had similar situation. I made the info pass appointment to get the status of my i-485. You can do that as well. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, balo101 said:

Usually USCIS process by itself. You do not need to do anything. 

However each case is different. I had similar situation. I made the info pass appointment to get the status of my i-485. You can do that as well. 

I will wait until I get my approval notice delivered by the end of this week or next week. Hopefully, they will start processing the I485 otherwise I will try to make an info pass appointment for the I485 status check. That might help in processing I485 faster

Hi guys, pls help! My I-485 denial notice hasn’t come and it’s been 21 days (my lawyers moved) and I’m suspecting that I haven’t been receiving USCIS notices such as medical request and now they denied me after a year of I-360 been approved. I have filled out e-request to get denial notice but don’t know when that will arrive. 

Question: do you guys think I should just file a new I-485 form? How long will it take to process? My Priority date on denied I485 is in 2019. Or should I wait for denial notice and reopen the case?

Thank you! 

@Sandra G.

8 hours ago, 2020filer said:

Hi guys, pls help! My I-485 denial notice hasn’t come and it’s been 21 days (my lawyers moved) and I’m suspecting that I haven’t been receiving USCIS notices such as medical request and now they denied me after a year of I-360 been approved. I have filled out e-request to get denial notice but don’t know when that will arrive. 

Question: do you guys think I should just file a new I-485 form? How long will it take to process? My Priority date on denied I485 is in 2019. Or should I wait for denial notice and reopen the case?

Thank you! 

@Sandra G.

I would say wait for your denial notice then take it from there. You do not want to make a same mistake on the new i-485. I would reach out to your congress person who can get you a copy of your denial letter. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.