2,974 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Ozy7 said:

Congratulations!!! Very happy for you and sad for myself. Dec 2020 and all I got lots of pf and nothing else. Should I start getting worried?:(

Thanks. Worrying when you can't do anything is not healthy. Focus on things that makes you happy, and wait the result peacefully. Let me know if you have any questions

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good day everyone, I will like to get some information about filling tax return if I am still legally married. Filing married but filling separated requires spouse’s SSN which I do not know. Also I will like to know which status Vawa applicants can file with. Any information will be appreciated. 

Thank You. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Oboy oboy oboy -- Sunday!  Time for our highly effective and hilarious Official Weekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

===============================

CUSTOMER SERVICE

Several dozen female crows landed on a telephone wire and started cawing.

A male crow landed on the telephone pole and said, "Your caw will be answered in the order it was received."

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

8 hours ago, God’s Grace27 said:

Good day everyone, I will like to get some information about filling tax return if I am still legally married. Filing married but filling separated requires spouse’s SSN which I do not know. Also I will like to know which status Vawa applicants can file with. Any information will be appreciated. 

Thank You. 

If you have ever filed any USCIS form (I-485, I-130) with your spouse, you can easily get your spouse SSN on one of those.

You are always advice to be keeping a copy of any documents filed.

Have you ever lived together as couple ?

Edited by Rhema1

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Rhema1 said:

If you have ever filed any USCIS form (I-485, I-130) with your spouse, you can easily get your spouse SSN on one of those.

You are always advice to be keeping a copy of any documents filed.

Have you ever lived together as couple ?

Yeah I just found a copy of the I-485. 

Thank you. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
On 1/10/2023 at 4:35 PM, GeraldSG said:

Divorce with abusive ex wife (USC) finalized today… feeling upset and bittersweet that it had to happen this way.. coming 2 years this November and counting since I filed for I-360…  my i-485 has been held in abeyance but filed since 2020… how long more to go… :(

Hello Hello! Did you used a lawyer? How was the process for divorce? Looking for some guidance 

I tried to search on this topic but couldn’t find much yet, wondering if anyone had experience with this…

Has anyone been battling child custody with abuser during divorce process but ALSO still waiting for i485 to be approved,? So that means no GC but in middle of child custody fight and ex trying to use the fact we have no status/GC in child custody court.

anyone have personal experience or links to info regarding this?

@sandraj

2 hours ago, yogayoga said:

I tried to search on this topic but couldn’t find much yet, wondering if anyone had experience with this…

Has anyone been battling child custody with abuser during divorce process but ALSO still waiting for i485 to be approved,? So that means no GC but in middle of child custody fight and ex trying to use the fact we have no status/GC in child custody court.

anyone have personal experience or links to info regarding this?

@sandraj

Family court in the United States has nothing to do with an individuals immigration status they don't care about your immigration status, it's all about the best interest of the child  if you are the mother of the child the court Higley more than likely will award you with custody plus please request a child support too those abusers needs to pay child support remember it's all about the best interest of the child not your immigration status best of luck.

On 4/3/2023 at 10:47 PM, PeaceLoveFreedom said:

I got the renewal receipt notices for i765 and i131 in exactly 28 days.

I think they're speeding things up a bit now.

Kindly tell me what you submitted for the renewal of your EAD. Did you make payment? I got a waiver when I first filed for VAWA but had to pay $410 for the renewal. Kindly advise if I have to pay for renewal.

25 minutes ago, God's son said:

Kindly tell me what you submitted for the renewal of your EAD. Did you make payment? I got a waiver when I first filed for VAWA but had to pay $410 for the renewal. Kindly advise if I have to pay for renewal.

Is your VAWA approved? are you filling c09 or c31? If C31 yes then you have to pay.

if filling c09 based on pending i-485. Did you pay for i-485? if yes then it is free if you did not pay for i-485 then either pay the fee or use the fee waiver. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hello all 

Little Updates on my case since last time I thought I would share 

timeline :

i-485 received 7/2018

i-360 received  12/11/2019

i-360 rfe for good morale : 03/08/22 responded 6/2022

i-360 approved : 6/24/22

i-485 medical rfe 12/2022 responded on 2/2023

i-485 rfe I-864W 3/2023 responded 4/2023

I Hope it’s the last rfe and I finally get the answer soon. 

Edited by Chloeave

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.