2,974 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Dee88 said:

I read somewhere in the thread once EAD is approved, I360 is approved. Please correct me if I am totally wrong or I didn’t get the gist of that message. 

let's says if you get the notification for your form i-360 that new card is being produced then that means your i-360 is approved. 

however if you have filled form i-765 based on pending i-485 then that has nothing to do with form i-360. 

10 hours ago, balo101 said:

The fee is $ 410.

It all up to you if you want to renew c31. Even if you want to renew i would say do it c09 which is free. 

Mine c31 is expiring next month but my c09 is expiring on 2024. So i am not renewing c31 i will renew c09 if i have to which would be free. 

Great. Thank you.

Hi all, 

Is there anyone here who got an RFE after their interview and still got their green card? They received my evidence last Monday (interview was the Monday before) and since then, I haven't been able to focus on work or even sleep because I am so anxious that they are going to deny my application. I'm trying not to jump to the worst case scenario but I'm struggling so much. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It is Wednesday, and time for our approval-evoking, good-news-prompting, forget-one's-struggling Semiofficial Semiweekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

============================================

KING OF THE JUNGLE

A proud lion spotted a chimpanzee and roared, "Who is the king of the jungle?"

"You are, mighty lion!" said the trembling chimp.

Next, the lion stopped a zebra.  "Who is the king of the jungle?"

"Y-y-you are!" stammered the zebra.

Feeling cocky, the lion swaggered up to an elephant and demanded, "Who is the king of the jungle?"

The unfazed elephant snatched up the lion with its trunk, slammed him against a tree a dozen times, and stomped off.

The dazed lion shouted after him, "Just because you don't know the answer doesn't mean that you have to get nasty about it!"

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 1/31/2023 at 8:02 PM, HatingTheWaiting said:

Hi all, 

Is there anyone here who got an RFE after their interview and still got their green card? They received my evidence last Monday (interview was the Monday before) and since then, I haven't been able to focus on work or even sleep because I am so anxious that they are going to deny my application. I'm trying not to jump to the worst case scenario but I'm struggling so much. 

What was the RFE for?

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Hello VJ family. 
i am just desperate now. I received a RFE after my i485 interview and the RFE was to file a waiver I-601 and after receiving the i601 receipt notice , I should mail that receipt to the local office and the IO will take a final decision on my I485. 
             But my lawyer sent my i601 waiver to Vermont. And Vermont returned it saying my i485 case number start with SRC and advised us to send it to TEXAS instead. My lawyer sent it to Texas on the 15 December and till now USCIS hasn’t cashed my check and no receipt notice.

since the RFE Grace period was expiring on January 7, my lawyer sent a copy of I601 and a letter to my local office explaining that we haven’t received the i601 receipt notice yet.

The Texas uscis zip code is 75266 but the i601 was delivered, it went to zip code 75260. After some research it looks like uscis has private zip code 75260. All packages sent to zip code 75266 get transferred to to the actual P.O. Box of uscis having 75260 as zip code.

until now , uscis hasn’t cashed my check for i601 and the IO hasn’t made a decision on my i485 with the copy of I 601 that we sent as RFE. I’m stuck 🙆🏽‍♂️🙆🏽‍♂️🙆🏽‍♂️

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I am a Nov 2019 filer. No rfe, 6 primafacies. There’s no decision on I360 yet. March 2022 my I485 got transferred for faster processing. September 2022 I sent a letter to Vermont but never got a response, so i contacted my congressman and got a response they’re still working on my case. 
I submitted a case inquiry online and the last 3 digits for both I360 and I485 has my city code. When it was treated, I received a letter that it’s still processing but the address on the letter was my local field office address. 

Then I sent an enquiry again in January on the I485, now it’s in Chicago field office because the letter response has Chicago processing center on it. I contacted Emma and chatted with a rep to know what is happening but was told it’s transferred for faster processing. The processing time in my field office is even shorter than that of the Chicago office. Is this normal? Why is my files sent from one field to another without vawa approval yet? 
@sandranj please help

1 hour ago, Hugefaith said:

I am a Nov 2019 filer. No rfe, 6 primafacies. There’s no decision on I360 yet. March 2022 my I485 got transferred for faster processing. September 2022 I sent a letter to Vermont but never got a response, so i contacted my congressman and got a response they’re still working on my case. 
I submitted a case inquiry online and the last 3 digits for both I360 and I485 has my city code. When it was treated, I received a letter that it’s still processing but the address on the letter was my local field office address. 

Then I sent an enquiry again in January on the I485, now it’s in Chicago field office because the letter response has Chicago processing center on it. I contacted Emma and chatted with a rep to know what is happening but was told it’s transferred for faster processing. The processing time in my field office is even shorter than that of the Chicago office. Is this normal? Why is my files sent from one field to another without vawa approval yet? 
@sandranj please help

Check your transferred letter what it says where was it transferred and from what address? I know applicant that their 485 case transferred to nbc without vawa approval then sent back to vsc . Make sure what is write in the notice 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
48 minutes ago, Memo@ said:

Check your transferred letter what it says where was it transferred and from what address? I know applicant that their 485 case transferred to nbc without vawa approval then sent back to vsc . Make sure what is write in the notice 

It says it was transferred for faster processing. But that was since march 2022

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.