2,974 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, God is a good God said:

Hello VJ family, how much is to renew a EAD
i sent my i-601 waiver last month on November 7 as RFE so that uscis can make a final decision on my green card. But uscis hasn’t cashed the check I sent with my waiver application yet. I thought maybe I’ll get my green card faster but they’ll make a decision only if I send them a i601 receipt. I’m thinking of renewing my EAD because the current one expire in February 2023 and also I may not have have a green card by that time of February 2023

$410 or a fee waiver..not a bad idea 

Your check will be cashed next week and Your approval will come mid January , this is not a wish , rather a cosmic command . 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
48 minutes ago, Family said:

a watched pot..bloody thing never boils

"What happens when you put a frog in a pot of boiling water?"

"He jumps out."

"What if you put him in cool water and gradually raise it to boiling?"

"He croaks."

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country: Greece
Timeline
11 hours ago, Sasacb said:

Today I got a call from my lawyer saying the USCIS sent a letter asking for my medical exam 🤩🙏🎉🎉🙏🤩

OMG can’t wait to hold the card 🥹🥹🥹

Time line 
**March 2018 - filed vawa and ask the USCIS to hold the I485.

**November 2022 - vawa approved.

PS: I hired another lawyer to filed a mandamus on September 2022.

My form I485 didn’t update on the USCIS website, it’s saying finger prints added on 11/04/22

How long after I sent the exam you guys think I can hear the approval notice ?🙏🙏🙏😭.

hope everyone can hear some good news very very soon, after a long journey I’m almost there FINALLY 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Congratulations for you vawa approval. What was a reason for delaying very long time for you vawa case . Was it under security check? When you filed a mandamus did they ask you any rfe

Edited by MariaX

3 hours ago, Family said:

I am certain your I-360  file is at VSC but even if it had been transferred ..it would make no difference because the I-824 for a VAWA is assigned to VSC so no use putting yourself through green eyed misery. ..

You know what they about a watched pot..bloody thing never boils. 

You’re absolutely right 🙏 Thank you for the info and the motivation fam 

13 hours ago, sandranj said:

Submit all forms, a police clearance, a psychological evaluation, your affidavit, your family and friend's affidavits, and documents showing a bonafide marriage and mailed all documents together.As a self-petitioner you will fole form I-360, not form I-130.

Background: I am still living with my USC spouse.

Thank you sandranj. I have all of my information, except the psychological eval, which I just started and I'm looking a 2+ months to complete. I have a police report and I suffer anxiety and nightmares as a result of the extreme cruelty from the incident in the police report. Lawyer says I have enough for PF.

I am being advised to file for VAWA now, as I need medical and EAD to move on from my situation. I then would update my I-360 with the psychological eval as soon as it's completed. This makes sense to me.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 hours ago, MariaX said:

Congratulations for you vawa approval. What was a reason for delaying very long time for you vawa case . Was it under security check? When you filed a mandamus did they ask you any rfe

I really don’t Know why my case got delayed over there during my whole process they only ask for 1 RFE which was good moral.

After I filled a mandamus everything changed they uscis answer the mandamus after 20 work days ! 

On 11/11/2022 at 10:23 AM, Sumar9909 said:

@Pinkrlion

Do i fill out an I864w form when doing the NVC process since I'm a vawa beneficiary? I will be doing the NVC process for my kids who are vawa deraritives. 

I'm just trying to be prepared as much as I can since I'm the one doing it myself.

Hey Sumar, have you received your welcome letter? 

and did they tell you to mail in your documents physically to the NVC address? 

some people are telling me that the NVC is no longer accepting mail in documents starting January 2022 and we have to submit documents online.. can you please let me know how yours go and what do they tell you in regards to submitting your documents to the NVC.

thank you 🙏 

4 minutes ago, J2020 said:

Hey Sumar, have you received your welcome letter? 

and did they tell you to mail in your documents physically to the NVC address? 

some people are telling me that the NVC is no longer accepting mail in documents starting January 2022 and we have to submit documents online.. can you please let me know how yours go and what do they tell you in regards to submitting your documents to the NVC.

thank you 🙏 

I am still yet to receive the welcome letter. Will let you know as soon as I do.

Hi guys.

My cousin received that letter yesterday from his local I-485 office. They closed his case because he has case in immigration judge. I believe now he needs good attorney to terminate his previous case. Do you guys have any attorneys recommendations in New York? Thanks 

AA25852A-2192-4074-8E15-6FF47DD8533F.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Yalcin said:

Hi guys.

My cousin received that letter yesterday from his local I-485 office. They closed his case because he has case in immigration judge. I believe now he needs good attorney to terminate his previous case. Do you guys have any attorneys recommendations in New York? Thanks 

AA25852A-2192-4074-8E15-6FF47DD8533F.jpeg

i can give you great reccomendation for NYC lawyer if u want.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
21 hours ago, J2020 said:

I know that, but the question that I’m trying to understand is, does my case stays in Vermont  till I file 485 for AOS or 824 for consular processing, or does Vermont automatically transfer it to the NBC right upon approving it since I mentioned on the i360 petition that I want to file 485? 

do they keep/retain the approved 360 in Vermont service center location until the petitioner files the form 485 then they take the action of shipping it to the NBC

or does Vermont ships it to the NBC regardless of submitting the 485 or not? Since the 360 application stated that I will file 485 in the future 

What I’m trying to understand is does Vermont office keep the approved petition UNTIL the next form is submitted or they send the approved petition to the NBC right away without waiting for 485 to be submitted?

Your file is in Vermont until it is transferred to NVCNVC is the clearinghouse for consular processing.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

19 hours ago, Sumar9909 said:

I am still yet to receive the welcome letter. Will let you know as soon as I do.

If you have a telegram, join the NVC consular processing group. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.