2,974 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, sam012019 said:

Does USCIS update the status on I-485 when they send RFE for medicals ? or should i continue to check my mailbox carefully? I dont want to miss it.

They don’t always update online status, always check your mailbox. USPS informed delivery helps significantly.

As of October 18, 2022, fingerprints relating to your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number EACXXXXXXX, have been applied to your case. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Hi anyone knows what after this i will expect 

4 minutes ago, asimove said:

As of October 18, 2022, fingerprints relating to your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number EACXXXXXXX, have been applied to your case. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

You can expect an approval or medical rfe if medical expired. Seeing this pattern a lot lately. Give it 2 weeks.

Edited by ax1990

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, asimove said:

I got that too in November 4th 🙏🙏🙏

Hi

this is my time line summary

any idea how long I-485 will take

and what is after this??

October 6, 2017 We received your case Form I-360,

June 4, 2021 Case Was Approved

September 2, 2021 We received your Form I-485

January 26, 2022 Your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, was transferred to another office for processing.

October 18, 2022 Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken

On 10/22/2022 at 12:40 PM, HustlingStill said:

i did not got rfe for it, i kept on pushing through congress thats how i knew. i made infopass appointment as mentioned earlier my officer was kind enough to take my old medical and approved it. It happens very rarely. 

Hello sir

i took appointments at Jacksonville field office to submit Medical’s before they ask. 

Is that safe to meet officer? 

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello family, I'm September 2018 filler and no approval yet but I got  EAD renewal last week I sent it January 30,2022. 

What can I do with my VAWA case Please ?  Congressman sent letter to USCIS several times but they always told us Security/ background check. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, i-need-help-pls said:

Hello family, I'm September 2018 filler and no approval yet but I got  EAD renewal last week I sent it January 30,2022. 

What can I do with my VAWA case Please ?  Congressman sent letter to USCIS several times but they always told us Security/ background check. 

If I was you and have some money I’ll for sure filled a mandamus! 
I’m from 2018 as well and I filled the mandamus and they approved my I360 with 30 works day after I filed the mandamus and my I485 saying my finger print was add…hope in 2 weeks they ask for medical and approved me 🙏🙏🙏🤞

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 11/2/2022 at 10:40 PM, Reister said:

I have read that link before it doesn’t say anything about my category . I am here to find out how it went for others . Anyways thank you for your input . 

If you didn't file for asylum and you don't have an order of removal pending you can travel.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Wednesday means that it's time for our lucky, hilarious, upvote-worthy Semiofficial Semiweekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

=============================================

UH-OH

John and Bob were talking.  "Say, John," said Bob, "do you know if anybody in the village has a black cat with a white spot underneath its chin?"

"I don't think so; no", said John.

They sat in silence for a bit before Bob said,  "Are you sure?  Come on -- think harder.  Black cat, a big one, with a white spot underneath its chin."

"I'm pretty sure that there isn't a cat like that in the village", said John, getting visibly annoyed.

There was another minute of silence before Bob said, "But are you really, really..."

"YES!" John yelled.  "I'm really, really sure!  There isn't a black cat with a white spot underneath its chin anywhere in this village!  Nobody has one!"

"Uh-oh," said Bob, and he gave a mighty sigh. "Then I must have run over the Priest an hour ago."

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Hello Everyone!!

Congrats to everyone making progress on their journey. 
I am not completely finished with my journey, but I have received my green card.

I want to get married to my fiancé who is from my country, is anyone here familiar with it’s how long the process would take? 
or would it be better to wait until I became a citizen?

Thanks in Advance 

Edited by Sam96

1 hour ago, Sam96 said:

I want to get married to my fiancé who is from my country, is anyone here familiar with it’s how long the process would take? 
or would it be better to wait until I became a citizen?

Thanks in Advance 

Better wait until you become a citizen before marrying.

- You cannot sponsor fiancé as LPR, can only marry and then sponsor the spouse

- If they're overseas, they'll be a subject to visa cap if you sponsor as LPR

- Depending when you married and divorced your ex USC spouse and when you met your current fiancé, this could lead to extra scrutiny by USCIS.

Either way the process will take years based on USCIS backlog, and will likely be reviewed carefully because of WAVA in your past.

Edited by OldUser

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.