2,974 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 hours ago, Double said:

Congrats on your approval. It might not be the mandamus cos Newark has been getting lots of traction. My 2018 case is also with the Newark office. Looks like they finally woke up from a long nap lol 😂 

Woww

well hope the mandamus can speed up my I485 🙏🙏🙏

when your I360 was approved?

On 10/30/2022 at 7:21 PM, Anne_3089 said:

Hi guys!

Has anyone who filed for VAWA on November 2020 received their approvals yet? My PD is November 16th 2020. Can’t wait for this to be over with. Have a good night everyone. 

I did, one rfe and nothing since then. hopefully its over soon on a positive note 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It is Wednesday -- time for our Semiofficial Semiweekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

===============================================

THE WI-FI PASSWORD

A man went into an airport bar and asked the bartender what the password was to their wi-fi.

Bartender:  You need to buy a drink first.

Man:  I'll have a Coke.

Bartender:  Is Pepsi OK?

Man:  Sure.  How much is that?

Bartender:  $3.

Man:  There you go.  So what's the wi-fi password?

Bartender:  It's you-need-to-buy-a-drink-first.  No spaces, all lower-case.
:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 10/28/2022 at 7:14 PM, LittlebyLittle said:

I don't have a representative. I filed all the paperwork myself. I just requested a copy of this notices as mentioned on my status update. Does anyone know if there is maybe a service center phone number where I can call as well?

Contact your congressperson to inquire on your behalf.

Hi guys ! 
I have been stuck on the dilemma and in need of your opinion on couple of issues . My I-360 was approved November 2021 . I couldn’t apply to 485 because I was in removal proceedings and it took about 6 month for them close the removal case . I applied for 485 in May this year along with Work permit and Advance parole . 
1) Will they count I485 from the date I applied it meaning I have to wait another 2.5 years or they count from the date the vawa was applied ? 
2) My advance parole was approved a month ago but my lawyer advised against traveling abroad  with it since I was previously in removal proceedings and they might not let me back in because of it . So I am kind of confused as to why they would issue advance parole but deny you an entry back to the country when you use it . Any input would be appreciated. 
Thank you 🙏🏻 

12 minutes ago, Reister said:

Hi guys ! 
I have been stuck on the dilemma and in need of your opinion on couple of issues . My I-360 was approved November 2021 . I couldn’t apply to 485 because I was in removal proceedings and it took about 6 month for them close the removal case . I applied for 485 in May this year along with Work permit and Advance parole . 
1) Will they count I485 from the date I applied it meaning I have to wait another 2.5 years or they count from the date the vawa was applied ? 
2) My advance parole was approved a month ago but my lawyer advised against traveling abroad  with it since I was previously in removal proceedings and they might not let me back in because of it . So I am kind of confused as to why they would issue advance parole but deny you an entry back to the country when you use it . Any input would be appreciated. 
Thank you 🙏🏻 

Regrading your first question. I have gotten different answers. Some say the time for i-485 starts when it reaches your field office but some say it starts when VAWA approves. So let Sandra response to that since she is an attorney she would know the exact answer.

I do not think it should be an issue since your removal proceedings closed now. I personally know someone who travelled once her cased was closed. 

2 minutes ago, steve_o said:

Hi fam & @sandranj

This was my third time to reach out to my congressman. He sent an inquiry behalf of my I-485 case and got the same response again! My i360 got approved on Dec 2020 and since then I haven’t heard anything about my I-485.(i485 submitted on 2018).  Should I file the mandamus? 

2B320CDE-B7D6-4488-AB48-2595DDC31239.jpeg

It looks like your case is stuck at Background check.

I would say try to make an info pass appointment before doing anything else. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I’m officially a US citizen!!!

Yee-HAAAAA!  :dance: 

[Note to T-B.'s self:  Joke REALLY worked again... joke REALLY worked again...]

Same-day oath is ideal.

See our "Passports, etc." subforum under the US Citizenship forum here.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

2 hours ago, OldUser said:

What's the dilemma @Reister? Whether you should travel or not? I think your lawyer is right, the safest thing is not to travel until you get your Green Card.

Processing of I-485 starts from the day it was filed.

Good luck!

Dilemma is whether I should travel or not . I understand the logic behind your answer . But why would they issue an advance parole if they won’t let you back in . 

8 minutes ago, Reister said:

Dilemma is whether I should travel or not . I understand the logic behind your answer . But why would they issue an advance parole if they won’t let you back in . 

Because:

"Please note that Advance Parole does not guarantee admission into the United States"

Source: https://www.cbp.gov/travel/us-citizens/advance-parole

You can travel and let us know how it goes. 

3 hours ago, OldUser said:

Because:

"Please note that Advance Parole does not guarantee admission into the United States"

Source: https://www.cbp.gov/travel/us-citizens/advance-parole

You can travel and let us know how it goes. 

I have read that link before it doesn’t say anything about my category . I am here to find out how it went for others . Anyways thank you for your input . 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.