Papa knii

Will this delay our case

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello everyone 

we just found out that we made a mistake on our i130 form when filling it online. After filing all names of spouses she mistakenly wrote the date of last ended marriage on ours. Should we call for it be rectified or leave it as it is.

8B5AA2D2-A763-4D45-BF12-41761FD87650.jpeg

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

An RFE is likely. Not sure if they'll rectify that through a call.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 8/29/2022 at 11:17 AM, arken said:

Arken is there anyway I can reach you on phone, email or something. I will love to ask some question concerning this i130 process. Thank you 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
On 8/29/2022 at 7:17 PM, arken said:

Maybe.  My best guess is they'll simply overlook it.  That the form ask for an end date to the latest marriage is a known source of common errors.  USCIS has a history of simply ignoring such common errors.  It MIGHT be worth a call.  Wouldn't hurt anything.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
25 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Maybe.  My best guess is they'll simply overlook it.  That the form ask for an end date to the latest marriage is a known source of common errors.  USCIS has a history of simply ignoring such common errors.  It MIGHT be worth a call.  Wouldn't hurt anything.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=da9b9b78549feebeimageproxy.php?img=&key=da9b9b78549feebeAlso I just realized that she responded to 61.a & b which was supposed to be left blank. Another issue because I’m not in the United States 

1EDAA02E-C8B8-4057-B782-480A4B22397E.jpeg

Edited by Papa knii

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Papa knii said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=da9b9b78549feebeimageproxy.php?img=&key=da9b9b78549feebeAlso I just realized that she responded to 61.a & b which was supposed to be left blank. Another issue because I’m not in the United States 

1EDAA02E-C8B8-4057-B782-480A4B22397E.jpeg

Now THAT is a huge mistake.  Try to get this handled with a phone call.  There will be another round of paperwork at NVC.  Surely, you'll pay closer attention to those forms.  The affidavit of support is the most complicated in the whole process.  Start becoming an A-Student of the I-864 instructions early.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Briaj said:

This happened to me as well. I think it may actually be a problem with their system and how they transfer what you enter online to the print out. I didn't change mine and had no problem getting my application approved. 

Did you find a solution to yours? If yes how did you to about it?

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Briaj said:

This happened to me as well. I think it may actually be a problem with their system and how they transfer what you enter online to the print out. I didn't change mine and had no problem getting my application approved. 

Oh ok. That’s cool

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Briaj said:

The problem is NOT with getting the petition approved.  It's what they do with the approved petition.  You want it to go to NVC and ultimately to the appropriate Consulate, not a local office in the USA.  Don't count on luck.  Deal with it now.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
42 minutes ago, MarmiteC said:

This happened to ours also.  We will be filing a letter of corrections and uploading to our USCIS account in 'Other' on advice recieved.  Better to be sure.

We will be working on ours today with the directions given 

17 hours ago, Papa knii said:

We will be working on ours today with the directions given 

Also check this one on Page 9, Part 6. If any of these boxes are checked and if not correct this one too because I noticed many online fillings doesn’t have any of this boxes checked. 

BA9A0C74-95C7-4BA5-AFE0-4FEAA146B988.jpeg

Edited by mamba69

Timeline
1 hour ago, mamba69 said:

Also check this one on Page 9, Part 6. If any of these boxes are checked and if not correct this one too because I noticed many online fillings doesn’t have any of this boxes checked. 

BA9A0C74-95C7-4BA5-AFE0-4FEAA146B988.jpeg

Thank you. That side was good

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.