Dessy0212

Is K1 visa related to the Visa tourist Declined? Urgent help

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hi Guys, 

i just new about this forum and nice to meet you all :)

Me and my fiance would like to apply this k1 visa, however i have some case and need your advice before fill up the I-129F.

my case:

I was applied a tourist visa with my mom 2 months ago however our visa was declined. In DS160 and interview i ever mentioned that i didnt have any kind of relatives in united states because i saw some youtube that we cannot tell that to meet boyfriend overthere. despite of it, i didnt work again but my previous company willing to help to give a sponsor letter that proof i still work in that company. so in DS160 form i wrote that i still working even though my tourist visa was declined.

my question:

1.  Is k1 visa related to the tourist visa that i was apply before?

2. should i mentioned the truth about my previous work? if so, it will be diffrent from the ds160 for tourist visa i was apply. this is also related to my question no.01

please answer my questionguys, neeed your help :( 

THNK YOU SO MUCH

2 hours ago, desi ratnasari said:

Hi Guys, 

i just new about this forum and nice to meet you all :)

Me and my fiance would like to apply this k1 visa, however i have some case and need your advice before fill up the I-129F.

my case:

I was applied a tourist visa with my mom 2 months ago however our visa was declined. In DS160 and interview i ever mentioned that i didnt have any kind of relatives in united states because i saw some youtube that we cannot tell that to meet boyfriend overthere. despite of it, i didnt work again but my previous company willing to help to give a sponsor letter that proof i still work in that company. so in DS160 form i wrote that i still working even though my tourist visa was declined.

my question:

1.  Is k1 visa related to the tourist visa that i was apply before?

2. should i mentioned the truth about my previous work? if so, it will be diffrent from the ds160 for tourist visa i was apply. this is also related to my question no.01

please answer my questionguys, neeed your help :( 

THNK YOU SO MUCH

1. K1 application is a separate application from the tourist visa. But you will need to file the DS-160 again before the K1 consulate/embassy interview. So yes, the DS-160 will show up again because I believe the DS-160 is linked to the passport number.

2. Best to be truthful and honest about the tourist decline when filing for the I-129F. I believe the I-129F (or DS-160) does ask if you had filed for any previous visas before? In any case, you can include your explanation in the I-129F Part8 for additional information.

Edited by EatBulaga

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** second post made in another member's thread removed.  Please ask any questions here, in your own thread *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
13 hours ago, desi ratnasari said:

because i saw some youtube that we cannot tell that to meet boyfriend overthere

That is the worst advice I have ever heard.......  NEVER, EVER lie on an immigration or US government form or to an immigration official.  I wish I had a link to that YT video.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, EatBulaga said:

2. Best to be truthful and honest about the tourist decline when filing for the I-129F. I believe the I-129F (or DS-160) does ask if you had filed for any previous visas before? In any case, you can include your explanation in the I-129F Part8 for additional information.

yes, in ds-160 there's question if we ever issue any another visa.

my fiance will fill up the I-129F in usa. do you think we need to explain for both of I-129F and DS-160??

Timeline
1 hour ago, EmilyW said:

OP, going forward, don't take immigration advice from a YouTube video.  Being encouraged to lie never works out in the end.

Use Visa Journey: great advice, supportive community.

yes, that's why i am here to ask some advice..

36 minutes ago, desi ratnasari said:

yes, in ds-160 there's question if we ever issue any another visa.

my fiance will fill up the I-129F in usa. do you think we need to explain for both of I-129F and DS-160??

USCIS will be able to dig it up anyway. So I would explain the denied tourist visa in the I-129F, Part8, and in the DS-160. And I would even explain that you were mislead by bad advice or YouTube video (if you can find the video). I would maybe even include any evidence like the denial letter or YouTube video in the I-129F, Part8 to avoid the RFE which may further delay the K1.

A denied tourist visa in itself does not mean a K1 denial because there are many successful K1 applicants that had previous denials of various visas. But being untruthful or suspicious of hiding something may be grounds for K1 denial.

Edited by EatBulaga

Timeline
2 hours ago, EatBulaga said:

USCIS will be able to dig it up anyway. So I would explain the denied tourist visa in the I-129F, Part8, and in the DS-160. And I would even explain that you were mislead by bad advice or YouTube video (if you can find the video). I would maybe even include any evidence like the denial letter or YouTube video in the I-129F, Part8 to avoid the RFE which may further delay the K1.

A denied tourist visa in itself does not mean a K1 denial because there are many successful K1 applicants that had previous denials of various visas. But being untruthful or suspicious of hiding something may be grounds for K1 denial.

So, i have to explain for both I-129F and DS-160 for denied tourist visa?

i have the denied letter and is it possible to attached as well?

56 minutes ago, desi ratnasari said:

I would explain the tourist deny in the I-129F, Part8, and mention it again in the DS-160 and that it was explained in the I-129F. You can attach as many evidence in the I-129F as you need including evidence pics of the relationship. List all the additional evidences in your I-129F intro letter and the order in which you organized the I-129F package in the intro letter.

Edited by EatBulaga

4 hours ago, desi ratnasari said:

You must tell the TRUTH.   Trying to increase your visa chances by not disclosing required info is not smart.

Timeline
6 hours ago, EatBulaga said:

I would explain the tourist deny in the I-129F, Part8, and mention it again in the DS-160 and that it was explained in the I-129F. You can attach as many evidence in the I-129F as you need including evidence pics of the relationship. List all the additional evidences in your I-129F intro letter and the order in which you organized the I-129F package in the intro letter.

6 hours ago, EatBulaga said:

in I-129F there's no questioning about the deny visa and when i read  its focus on additional document for the relationship it self.

for ds-160 yes, obviously we need to explain about the deny visa.

does anyone or you ever mentioned for both?

Timeline
3 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

You must tell the TRUTH.   Trying to increase your visa chances by not disclosing required info is not smart.

Yes totally agreed. but i was look at the question again in I-129F.

3 minutes ago, desi ratnasari said:

in I-129F there's no questioning about the deny visa and when i read  its focus on additional document for the relationship it self.

for ds-160 yes, obviously we need to explain about the deny visa.

does anyone or you ever mentioned for both?

I would put down anything that might be questioned. For evidence and additional information in I-129F Part8, you can say you tried to visit your partner in the US, but was denied tourist visa and explain why. Any effort to stay in touch is evidence of ongoing relationship.

Timeline

may i ask, i have 3 question like:

1. in the form of I-129F there's a question of like "is the beneficiary has been travel to USA before"?  he was fill with answer "NO" as per actual condition.

after 1 -2 month later while the k1 is still being proceed, want to visit my guy with using of visitor visa.   is it will be problem in the officer immigration?

2. let say I have visitor visa, when i was fill up the ds160. i was mentioned that i have no any kind relatives in the USA. 

(my 1st visitor applicant was denied and i tried the 2nd then approved),, at this stage we just know about k1 and want to switch.

3. if i go to USA with tourist visa then married there with my fiance (thinking about adjustment status after that)

is it illegally against the immigration fraud?

thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.