Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,232 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, mam521 said:

When I sent request to NVC asking if we can transfer the case to the country of citizenship, and what proof they need, they asked for birth certificate or passport. There were no other requirements for the case to be transferred to another embassy/consulate. After we submitted both, case was transferred in a week. May be, it’s not a requirement anymore to live there . 

8 hours ago, AgriSiva said:

@newbie75 @ACC24 when my wife and I did our landing at YVR airport, the first officer took pictures but the second officer who did the actual processing didn't do any biometrics, no finger-printing, nothing. At least, he opened our sealed envelopes, processed them and kept the contents. Finally, I asked him about fingerprints but he simply said, "nope not needed, you will get your greencards". 🙄

@AgriSiva, @F2J_March , @ACC24 - Thank you for your inputs! Makes sense. We hope ours comes in as expected. 

2 hours ago, DrJh07 said:

Visa stats for March 2023 just came out.

E1: 27

E2: 32

E3: 94

EW: 3

I created a new sheet called Visa stats in the google sheet database.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14yZKxht6igwJPXPU0EehKmmN2hx1g3EchEuB5G0yNO4/edit#gid=1270769177

Thanks! This is corresponding well with folks in our tracking sheet getting interviewed/approved!

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/5/2023 at 11:57 AM, DrJh07 said:

Visa stats for March 2023 just came out.

E1: 27

E2: 32

E3: 94

EW: 3

I created a new sheet called Visa stats in the google sheet database.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14yZKxht6igwJPXPU0EehKmmN2hx1g3EchEuB5G0yNO4/edit#gid=1270769177

Do we know how many E2 cases that are already DQ'd pending for an interview in Montreal?

2 hours ago, Coco_2023 said:

Do we know how many E2 cases that are already DQ'd pending for an interview in Montreal?

The last person in this forum with E2 who got their IL was CiEb2. CiEb2 DQ'ed on April 2021 and got their IL on Feb 2 2023.

I think we are next on the list. My wife and my daughter (E2) DQ'ed on June 10 2021 and we haven't gotten our IL yet.

On 5/4/2023 at 7:15 PM, pilot787 said:

When I sent request to NVC asking if we can transfer the case to the country of citizenship, and what proof they need, they asked for birth certificate or passport. There were no other requirements for the case to be transferred to another embassy/consulate. After we submitted both, case was transferred in a week. May be, it’s not a requirement anymore to live there . 

@pilot787 Do you know if you will have to do your medical in Brazil then? I'm thinking of transferring my case to the UK where I have citizenship, but I'm a bit worried/confused as to how I would complete my medical from Canada (since I live here). Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Ali1999 said:

@pilot787 Do you know if you will have to do your medical in Brazil then? I'm thinking of transferring my case to the UK where I have citizenship, but I'm a bit worried/confused as to how I would complete my medical from Canada (since I live here). Thanks!

You will have to fly there, to do your medical. We  live in Canada, but we had to fly to Lisbon to do medical, because Paris accepts medicals from both Portugal/France. And it was cheaper to do it in Lisbon than Paris. But it’s still worth to fly and do it somewhere else, if you can have your interview earlier in another consulate. 

Edited by pilot787

1 hour ago, pilot787 said:

You will have to fly there, to do your medical. We  live in Canada, but we had to fly to Lisbon to do medical, because Paris accepts medicals from both Portugal/France. And it was cheaper to do it in Lisbon than Paris. But it’s still worth to fly and do it somewhere else, if you can have your interview earlier in another consulate. 

Got it. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. It's given me hope! Please keep us posted on how it goes :) Best of luck to you!

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, New_123 said:

Can we travel to the US on a non-immigrant visa while awaiting our IV interview at Montreal consulate? Would this affect the interview outcome in anyway?

I've traveled to the States 2 times from Canada since I got DQ'd once flew and once drove, there was no issue at the border whatsoever 

7 minutes ago, Coco_2023 said:

I've traveled to the States 2 times from Canada since I got DQ'd once flew and once drove, there was no issue at the border whatsoever 

thank you so much, @Coco_2023! :) this is great to know! 

any idea if we need to take any additional paperwork to the immigrant visa interview or there is additional scrutiny in case we are entering the US after DQ but before the interview?

Edited by New_123

I'm currently waiting for an interview date from Montreal Consulate. What I read in the forum is that you require updated vaccination records before going to the medical exam. 

I immigrated to Canada in 2016 from Sri Lanka, but I do not have any old vaccination records from Sri Lanka  and it is impossible to contact family doctor to get any records.

Do I have to get all the vaccines required by the consulate prior to my medical or is there any test I could do to find out if I had already received this vaccine when I was a kid?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.